• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Adrian nodded, letting go of the blade.

"Ah, alright, then. Glad it only extended to that, then. Whatever. Besides that, I've got some intel I've been needing to share with you guys anyway, for the time period we'll be working together, anyway." Adrian said.

"I seen many undeads as you....in the past...i have several ways...to make it happen...just tell me what you need...and i can work out...from there...something..."

Tells with a smirk at Tarak
"Tarak is a weak undead. But Tarak wants to grow stronger for Master..." Tarak said, his skeleton rattling as he thought.

"...Can you make Tarak bones break less? Make it harder for Tarak to break apart?"

Timcanpy walked into the room just before Nageki could leave the door, bumping into him.

"Hi." She said to him, brushing past him.

"Timcanpy, Adrian has some intel that he wants to share with the group. I am going to gather the rest of us so that we can all hear it." Nageki said, though he would steady himself slightly.

"Okay. Rex is in his room, and I believe Tarak is speaking with Dean. Sophia is most likely near Tarak, based on the data I have collected." Timcanpy explained to Nageki, "Phares and Oprhic's whereabouts are unknown, and I believe the Masked Man is in his room as well."

"Tarak is a weak undead. But Tarak wants to grow stronger for Master..." Tarak said, his skeleton rattling as he thought.

"...Can you make Tarak bones break less? Make it harder for Tarak to break apart?"
"Childsplay....i can get it done fairly easy...just need my stuff for that...but...all in due time....your waiting....will get compensated....mister Tarak...just have patience....for the moment...."

Informed the undead with a light pat on where his back would have been

"Okay. Rex is in his room, and I believe Tarak is speaking with Dean. Sophia is most likely near Tarak, based on the data I have collected." Timcanpy explained to Nageki, "Phares and Oprhic's whereabouts are unknown, and I believe the Masked Man is in his room as well."
“I thank you.” Nageki would say with a bow, before going on his way to find everyone else. For right now, he would approach Rex’s room before knocking on his door.

Adrian would nod as Nageki left, "While he's gone to get everyone else... I'll say that all we heard was that Zodd and the armored guy were picking up and planning to kill people for some sort of sacrifice. Zodd lured in those soldiers and murdered them all presumably for that reason, to."

Elis sighed as she held onto Olorin tightly as well, Adrian's words causing her to grit her teeth in remembrance of their battle with Zodd.

"Childsplay....i can get it done fairly easy...just need my stuff for that...but...all in due time....your waiting....will get compensated....mister Tarak...just have patience....for the moment...."

Informed the undead with a light pat on where his back would have been
Tarak nodded, his bones rattling as he was touched.

"That is....acceptable. Tarak will wait then." Tarak said, his magical voice creaking with happiness at the prospect of getting stronger.

Adrian would nod as Nageki left, "While he's gone to get everyone else... I'll say that all we heard was that Zodd and the armored guy were picking up and planning to kill people for some sort of sacrifice. Zodd lured in those soldiers and murdered them all presumably for that reason, to."

Elis sighed as she held onto Olorin tightly as well, Adrian's words causing her to grit her teeth in remembrance of their battle with Zodd.
Charlotte raised an eyebrow.

"Sacrifice? Like, some kinda religious thing?" Charlotte asked.

"Sacrifice? Like, some kinda religious thing?" Charlotte asked.
"No idea." Adrian shrugged, "Been tryin' to narrow down their next hit for a while now, honestly... But the only leads I've got is that they're targeting soldiers and helpless normies."
"Will... we win...?" Olorin asked, her voice muffled but it had clear fear in it
Adrian didn't say anything at that, "I hope we do, kid." He thought to himself.

"Of course, we'll win, Olorin..." Elis murmured, gently patting Olorin's head as she did her best to comfort her friend, contemplating Adrian's words.

Phares would run into Nageki as he was knocking on Rex’s door. “Is something going on?” he asked as he approached.
“Adrian has some intel that he wants to share with us. I am currently gathering the group so that we can all hear it and plan what to do.” Nageki said, standing and still waiting for Rex.

"No idea." Adrian shrugged, "Been tryin' to narrow down their next hit for a while now, honestly... But the only leads I've got is that they're targeting soldiers and helpless normies."

Adrian didn't say anything at that, "I hope we do, kid." He thought to himself.

"Of course, we'll win, Olorin..." Elis murmured, gently patting Olorin's head as she did her best to comfort her friend, contemplating Adrian's words.
Olorin seemed genuinely comforted by that, her breathing stabilizing and she started trembling less and less

Tarak nodded, his bones rattling as he was touched.

"That is....acceptable. Tarak will wait then." Tarak said, his magical voice creaking with happiness at the prospect of getting stronger.
"And i can do far more then just make you stronger, all you need, is to ask, that master of yours, will be happy"

Talked in a regular voice to him, Dean was having Tarak trust him and stay on his side, he got along better with many beings that werent human in the past, perhaps due to them being supernatural as he was

"Luring him out... Well... Seems pretty obvious, yeah? Obviously, we're not doing that." Adrian said before turning to Phares, Elis speaking before he could.

"He's trying to cause them despair..." She said, her eyes widening as it seemed she had a major realization.

A white light would appear behind Nageki, causing him to turn back quickly to face Sophia who had a cigarette hanging from her mouth. Though, even she could tell how stressed he was at this point.

"Something up?" She asked.

"Adrian has some intel that he wishes to tell us. I am currently waiting for Rex." Nageki would state, turning back to the door with an impatient look on his face.

"Cool," Sophia said before standing right beside him, "You should go hear the news yourself. I can teleport so I can tell everyone in a shorter time than you walking around to everyone else."

Nageki would look at her for a moment, before sighing and making his way back.

"Luring him out... Well... Seems pretty obvious, yeah? Obviously, we're not doing that." Adrian said before turning to Phares, Elis speaking before he could.

"He's trying to cause them despair..." She said, her eyes widening as it seemed she had a major realization.

"Despair? What does he gain out of doing that?" Charlotte asked, turning towards Elis.

"And i can do far more then just make you stronger, all you need, is to ask, that master of yours, will be happy"

Talked in a regular voice to him, Dean was having Tarak trust him and stay on his side, he got along better with many beings that werent human in the past, perhaps due to them being supernatural as he was
Tarak nodded eagerly, his skull rattling violently.

"Yes...Yes! Demon make Tarak stronger, much stronger. Strong enough to please Master! Strong enough that she returns to Tarak!" Tarak said, his voice cracking with obvious glee.

"Despair? What does he gain out of doing that?" Charlotte asked, turning towards Elis.
"Think about it. What does killing soldiers do? They're the protectors of the general public and the keepers of the peace... Effortlessly luring a bunch of them to their deaths reduces widescale morale. Reducing widescale morale affects those who couldn't defend themselves anyway primarily, specifically, children and orphans, those with physical disabilities, and the elderly... I noticed all of those people in the group we rescued..." Elis murmured.

"It all makes sense now...! Killing the bigger fish induces fear in the cattle! And the cattle make better sacrifices than the big fish...!!" She said, pushing Olorin off of her as she had a eureka moment.

Nageki would walk in just as Elis would have her eureka moment, producing a look of confusion on his face.

"Why are you talking about fish and cattle?"

Nageki would walk in just as Elis would have her eureka moment, producing a look of confusion on his face.

"Why are you talking about fish and cattle?"
"Ah- Oh- Uh- It was an analogy! I'm not- not actually talking about fish and cattle...!" She said, now stumbling on her words.

Charlotte gritted her teeth, shaking her head slightly.

"....So that damn monster was really targeting children..." Charlotte muttered. An image flashed into her mind, one of her sister. She may not be on this planet, but if Zodd managed to escape and do the same thing on her world...

Charlotte took a deep breath. Panic had begun to rise in her body in response to the very thought of someone like Zodd coming to her planet.

"...Alright, so we know he targets despair..." Charlotte muttered, her voice trembling a bit.

"...Is there...anyway we can use that against him?"

"Yeah, but Zodd is a demon, so maybe he's working for them...?" Elis murmured to herself, "Whatever! For now, we need to narrow down their next location...!"

"Do any of us remember what he said during the last moments of our fight? Perhaps we can pull a location from that." Nageki would say, pondering in his own thoughts. It concerned him how Zodd was still out there, a threat.

“We should be able to figure out his likely targets.” Phares suggests going through his normal thought process for a mission, “Places that have large numbers of young, weak, disabled, or injured gathered together.”

"So, what is this an analogy for then? I...do not follow." Nageki said as he would scratch his head.
"O-Oh, uh... The big fish are uh, soldiers and stuff, people who uphold public morale. The cattle are the people who would be like, most affected by their death mentally... Basically, people like the ones we rescued." Elis explained.
Charlotte gritted her teeth, shaking her head slightly.

"....So that damn monster was really targeting children..." Charlotte muttered. An image flashed into her mind, one of her sister. She may not be on this planet, but if Zodd managed to escape and do the same thing on her world...

Charlotte took a deep breath. Panic had begun to rise in her body in response to the very thought of someone like Zodd coming to her planet.

"...Alright, so we know he targets despair..." Charlotte muttered, her voice trembling a bit.

"...Is there...anyway we can use that against him?"
"We use bait.." Suddenly, the Masked Man appeared behind Charlotte, holding a glass of wine.

"Wh-Wha!?" Elis jumped back as she saw him, "Where have you been...?"

"You'd be surprised, Elis." The Masked Man said, a grin plastered across his face.

(I know other people have responded but not I cannot logically respond to them so just uh, respond to this post and say what you need to say and I'll respond properly lmao.)

"O-Oh, uh... The big fish are uh, soldiers and stuff, people who uphold public morale. The cattle are the people who would be like, most affected by their death mentally... Basically, people like the ones we rescued." Elis explained.
"I see....that is concerning."

Nageki would focus on the masked man's idea of using bait, something that he didn't like whatsoever.

Back