• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Charlotte scowled, instinctively taking a step back as she looked at the Masked Man. Unnerved that her Spatial Awareness didn't pick up his presence.

"...you aren't thinking of involving any of those civilians, are you?" Charlotte asked, glaring at the man.

"In my room, Ms. Light. Nothing more, nothing less, preparing for the upcoming battle." The Masked Man said, turning to Elis who was holding Olorin tightly.

"Wh-What...?" Elis asked, trembling lightly at his glare.

"You bear the Mark of the King, Elis. Once I realized that, I knew it had to be you..." He murmured.

"M-Me...!?" Elis said, "What are you talking abou-" She then went silent, before chuckling.

"
I see.... You... You want to use me as bait, don't you? You think Zodd will be attracted to this Mark, don't you?" Elis said, meeting the Masked Man's smile with her own.

"... Will he take it if he thinks Elis is alone?" Olorin asked, having calmed herself enough to speak properly while hugging Ellis with one hand as to nor break sight of the masked man

"In my room, Ms. Light. Nothing more, nothing less, preparing for the upcoming battle." The Masked Man said, turning to Elis who was holding Olorin tightly.

"Wh-What...?" Elis asked, trembling lightly at his glare.

"You bear the Mark of the King, Elis. Once I realized that, I knew it had to be you..." He murmured.

"M-Me...!?" Elis said, "What are you talking abou-" She then went silent, before chuckling.

"
I see.... You... You want to use me as bait, don't you? You think Zodd will be attracted to this Mark, don't you?" Elis said, meeting the Masked Man's smile with her own.
"Hell no." Charlotte said bluntly, stepping in between the Masked Man and Elis, her hands buried in her pockets.

"The hell do you think you're doing? You think we're gonna let you put the kid in danger like that?" Charlotte said.

Nageki would stare at the Masked Man in silence, though his stare turned into something more of a glare. He didn't want to turn Elis into bait, and even Charlotte voiced her opinions about it. But...

"How can we guarantee her safety?"

Tarak nodded eagerly, his skull rattling violently.

"Yes...Yes! Demon make Tarak stronger, much stronger. Strong enough to please Master! Strong enough that she returns to Tarak!" Tarak said, his voice cracking with obvious glee.
"Now, i got somewhere else to be, if you need me, inform somebody from the rest of the team to call me out through telepathy, we shall talk it out later mister Tarak"

Goes off with a portal beneath him in the blink of an eye

The Masked Man would cross his arms, "What the Mark is is unknown even to me, but... I know of its existence now, and I know that Zodd is interested in it."

"So your gonna try and use something you don't even know about to lure him out? As others have asked, how do you guarantee my safety?" Elis asked.

"I don't." He said bluntly, "The decision lay with you, Ms. Cinder. You can choose to be used as bait, or..."

"I accept." She said bluntly, with a wide grin. "I'd accept any day of the ******* week..." She clenched her fists as her grip around Olorin tightened.

"I'm gonna ******* kill Zodd with my own two hands, that's for sure." She said, Adrian simply leaning against the wall. He knew her thoughts probably more than anybody in this room, and he shared them deeply.

"If she wants to be bait... Let her do it." Adrian mumbled to himself.

The Masked Man would cross his arms, "What the Mark is is unknown even to me, but... I know of its existence now, and I know that Zodd is interested in it."

"So your gonna try and use something you don't even know about to lure him out? As others have asked, how do you guarantee my safety?" Elis asked.

"I don't." He said bluntly, "The decision lay with you, Ms. Cinder. You can choose to be used as bait, or..."

"I accept." She said bluntly, with a wide grin. "I'd accept any day of the ******* week..." She clenched her fists as her grip around Olorin tightened.

"I'm gonna ******* kill Zodd with my own two hands, that's for sure." She said, Adrian simply leaning against the wall. He knew her thoughts probably more than anybody in this room, and he shared them deeply.

"If she wants to be bait... Let her do it." Adrian mumbled to himself.
Charlotte stared down at Elis for a moment.

"....Elis, I know you want revenge. But think about what you're agreeing to here. Are you sure you want to put yourself in danger like that?" Charlotte asked quietly.

"... I'll go too!" Olorin said, not letting her nervousness get the best of her

"We'll be nearby, if anything happens, we'll be able to react quickly." Kentoria said, she didn't like it, but it had to be done

"That's true." Lothon said, having listened in on what Adrian said onwards

"I AM thinking, Charlotte, and I know the danger... But that bastard has killed so many innocent people... And I won't stand for it... I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him I HATE HIM." She said bluntly, pushing Olorin away.

"So that's why I'll be bait... And you guys can be on standby when he comes... If he does..." She murmured, trembling at the thought of being able to personally tear Zodd to tiny little pieces.

"Elis..."

Nageki wanted to say something, he wanted to stop her from doing such a risk. Mentally, he pleaded for her to change her mind. But, Elis was set on that goal and he could see it. He could feel it in just the tone of her voice alone. There was nothing else he could do to change her mind.

"...Okay."

'This time, I will fulfill my promise.' He thought to himself, steeling his emotions for now as he placed his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Don't worry, too much anyways... I want to be with her, at least be able to take an attack through forcefields if needed..." Olorin murmured, knowing the danger, Talandar clearly getting close to objecting but stopping himself, Kentoria seeming a bit impressed

"...I'll make sure of it." Elis said, "I'll prepare..."

"Good. I'll set up the location, then." The Masked Man said, his grin persisting.

Timcanpy was silent. She wanted to object, but, she couldn't defy her master's orders.

"I will support you with all of my being, master." She finally said, holding Aeon in front of herself before transforming into golem form, the blade disappearing.

"Alright..." Elis murmured, her smile fading.

"I'll continue my training as well... If anybody wants to join, you'll know where to find me..." Adrian said, immediately leaving the room.

"You should stand back though, Talandar. He might not take the bait if your around. And... Elis... um..." Olorin said, turning to her

"As you wish, I'll leave you two love birds to it." Talandar said

"Love birds...? What?" Elis thought to herself before turning to Olorin, talking to her telepathically.

"What is it?" She asked.

"T-TALANDAR!!!" Olorin mentally shouted at her golem, but her mind was a whirlwind of memories, each far too vivid, but the other person besides Talandar in her mind was Elis, and Olorin started to blush when she realized Elis was talking to her telepathically

Olorin started shuffling and twiddling her fingers, blushing profusely as she looked at the ground, her eyes wide as embarrassment filled her mind, managing to even overpower her trauma a bit

"Let's uh... Go to a more private room, yeah?" Elis said out loud, standing up as she was also blushing.

"Perfect timing..." The Masked Man said with a sigh, simply leaning against the wall as his grin faded.

Nageki would look at Elis and Olorin in confusion, noticing the sudden blushing and movement of Olorin. A sigh would escape his lips as he muttered one thing to himself.

“Ah, young love…”

He managed a small chuckle, a moment of small reprieve from his thoughts.

Elis grabbed Olorin gently by the hand and led her to another empty room, sitting down next to her on the bed.

"So... uh... we uh... your uh... you think of me like.... that...?" Elis asked, a little confused herself.

"I-I-I-I d-don't know... its just... your the only one... besides Talandar... to be close to me like this... and that I truly trust..." Olorin murmured, clearly extremely shy about this, almost flinching back at several points

"I-I-I-I d-don't know... its just... your the only one... besides Talandar... to be close to me like this... and that I truly trust..." Olorin murmured, clearly extremely shy about this, almost flinching back at several points
"Olorin, it really is fine, just be honest with me... And if you don't want to or don't know how we can just talk about this later..." Elis said softly, still holding Olorin's head.

"So I'll ask again... Are you... uh... ahem... in love... with... me? You don't have to answer..."

"Olorin, it really is fine, just be honest with me... And if you don't want to or don't know how we can just talk about this later..." Elis said softly, still holding Olorin's head.

"So I'll ask again... Are you... uh... ahem... in love... with... me? You don't have to answer..."
"I... I think I am..." Olorin said extremely shyly

"I... I think I am..." Olorin said extremely shyly
Elis heaved a sigh, still gripping Olorin's hand.

"Olorin you... You know we can't... be together, right? I don't... I don't feel the same way about you and I... You're like... a lot younger than I am, so..." Elis said, stumbling on her own words a bit.

Elis heaved a sigh, still gripping Olorin's hand.

"Olorin you... You know we can't... be together, right? I don't... I don't feel the same way about you and I... You're like... a lot younger than I am, so..." Elis said, stumbling on her own words a bit.
"I know... ... ... why did Talandar call us love birds then...?" Olorin murmured, confused

Charlotte quietly left the room, reaching a nearby bathroom. Her breathing was rapid, and she was visibly agitated by something.

Turning on the sink, she cupped water into her hands' haphazardly splashing it across her face. Slowly, she opened her eyes, her gaze meeting her own within the mirror.

"…..why…?" She muttered to herself

"..Why would that kid go so far...just to save people she ain't even met?" She thought. She shook her head, confusion, and frustration visible on her face. Her mind drifted, coming back to their conversation with the injured girl. Remembering how Sophia claimed they were a group of heroes.

"....She really does act like a hero..." She shook her head,

"... Hero's huh..." Charlotte muttered. She smirked, ruffling her hair a bit.

"Not me.... I've already passed that point..." She thought. She could still see them, sometimes, the faces of the people she had killed. The color draining from their eyes as she pulled the trigger on their skull. The people she had beaten to the inch of their life, leaving them crippled without any chance of recovery.

Her thoughts drifted further, Charlotte unable to stop them. Together with the rest of the gang, she saw herself brutally massacring an entire family just to steal their meager possessions. Their screams of agony as the bullets pierced through their legs to stop them from escaping. Their desperate pleas as they took what must have been everything they had ever owned. The cries of the children as they watched their parents bleed out in front of them...before joining them soon after.

"...It was all for them..." She muttered. She tried to convince herself. She tried to tell herself that it was necessary to keep her family safe. The gangs paid her, and she needed that money. Anything else didn't matter.

"....Right?" Charlotte muttered. That's why she was even on this team, to begin with. It was just another job...just another gang to pay for her muscle. She shouldn't care about anything more than the money. Whether Elis lived or died, whether that injured girl ever recovered...whether the entire city was burnt to the ground. None of that mattered as long as she got paid.

And yet....Charlotte couldn't stop herself. Seeing Elis's rage and Nageki conviction...the corpses of those soldiers...the injured girl with chunks of her own flesh torn off. It was starting to get to Charlotte in a way she hadn't expected.

Charlotte breathed out.

"...I'm losing my edge, ain't I." She muttered, she massaged the scar on her face with her thumb, sighing heavily.

"I know... ... ... why did Talandar call us love birds then...?" Olorin murmured, confused
"I don't really know myself..." Elis murmured, "But regardless, thank you for sharing this with me, Olorin. I'll try and be a better... friend, in the future." She said with a smile.

"I don't really know myself..." Elis murmured, "But regardless, thank you for sharing this with me, Olorin. I'll try and be a better... friend, in the future." She said with a smile.
"Y-yeah...!" Olorin then paused

"Wait, what, don't make those kinds of jokes Talandar, if Elis was blushing when getting up I'd know, right?!?!" Olorin said quickly and stumbling on her words, blushing even harder than before

"Uh, Olorin...!? Do you really have a fever, what are you talking about...!?" Elis asked, now confused.
"Uhm... Talandar said that when you first woke up that you were blushing but I don't know why that would be or-" Olorin said, pausing and looking right at the ground

Ryu only wryly smile at the team building right now while also go back to his bedroom to het some rest

As Ryu reach and get into his room, he decided to let whatevee information about Zodd to sink into his mind in order to truly end him once and for all

(Please be viable)

Back