• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Nageki would move back to his own room for a moment, before staring outside. Finally, he decided to open the windows for a moment to stare over the balcony. For some reason, being outside and in the slowly setting sun, it somehow gave him some type of comfort. So there he sat, staring at how the planet of Neptunia slowly drifted from morning to night. It seemed like he was finally able to allow his unconscious self to float back into his mind. Memories drifted in and out of sight, to places he have been to, to the sights of his home town.

"Uhm... Talandar said that when you first woke up that you were blushing but I don't know why that would be or-" Olorin said, pausing and looking right at the ground
Elis would blush slightly again, chuckling. "Hehe... Whatever, Talandar! I'm gonna go prepare for our... fight... with Zodd, so, I'll see you later, alright?"

Rex came out of his room looking mentally exhausted, as if he had spent days studying different things, from science, math to medicine.

"It's funny how now I can get the height and volume of a tree or a building just by look it" Rex said, before walking, he felt that something was happening without him.
(sorry I was away doing something important for several hours)

Phares left the room and headed back to his own. Here’s hoping we can actually put that demon down for good, he thought as he laid down on his bed. He focused on his shadow, sometimes it almost feels alive, he thought.

"Ehehehe..." Olorin chuckled shyly, blushing profusely herself, before sighing to herself

"Even if the feeling is mutual, I'm going to have to wait at least four years to do anything in a lot of categories... ugh, damnit Olorin, don't get focused on that! Get focused on your preparations! You have to be able take a hit right?" Olorin thought to herself, sitting down and spawning a pile of scrap metal she began to shape in impossibly complex patterns into an armor that'd fit all around her body, which she swiftly got on, it was thin, but, as she tested it by shooting herself in the arm with a ray gun of some kind, it was extremely durable.

Olorin then worked on a shield generator for the armor, putting it where her heart was, it generated a forcefield, extremely similar to Talandar's, where it could also take a hit, but allowed Olorin to hit back, satisfied so far with this she began to travel to where the masked man was

Elis began making her own preparations in her room, sighing as her blushing ceased. Timcanpy transformed into human form, instinctively presenting Aeon to her master. Elis smiled, "Do you like it, Timcanpy?"

"It is perfect, master. I could not ask for a better weapon." Timcanpy said.

Elis would sigh, "Yknow, sometimes, I also kinda wish you did have more emotion..." Elis said as she held her stomach, falling to her knees and coughing up blood as runes flashed across her body. She continued coughing for a few moments before ceasing, Timcanpy sheathing Aeon to help her up.

"My enchantments need a bit of repairing... Especially my resistance ones..." Elis murmured as she sat down on the bed, holding her staff close as magical particles began floating around her, the runes, which were previously slightly cracked, beginning to repair themselves, Elis ceased coughing blood as she finished reinforcing all the enchantments she'd done to her own body, despite how unstable enchanting a living being could be sometimes.

"This should hold..." She thought to herself as she began layering more enchantments on herself, changing the material of her room to make it sound-proof in case she let out any... grotesque noises while in the process of layering her enchantments.
"Ehehehe..." Olorin chuckled shyly, blushing profusely herself, before sighing to herself

"Even if the feeling is mutual, I'm going to have to wait at least four years to do anything in a lot of categories... ugh, damnit Olorin, don't get focused on that! Get focused on your preparations! You have to be able take a hit right?" Olorin thought to herself, sitting down and spawning a pile of scrap metal she began to shape in impossibly complex patterns into an armor that'd fit all around her body, which she swiftly got on, it was thin, but, as she tested it by shooting herself in the arm with a ray gun of some kind, it was extremely durable.

Olorin then worked on a shield generator for the armor, putting it where her heart was, it generated a forcefield, extremely similar to Talandar's, where it could also take a hit, but allowed Olorin to hit back, satisfied so far with this she began to travel to where the masked man was
The Masked Man was in his room, or well, it was more like an office. He was sitting at his disk which sat in the back of the room, writing something in what seemed to be a diary or a notebook.

"Your free to enter, Ms. Light." He said.

"mmmm" noticing that everyone moved from different sides and with serious faces, Rex was confused, so he approached Adrian.

"Adrian, did something happen that I didn't find out about? Did you find the enemy?"

Charlotte shook her head, splashing another cup of cold water on her face before leaving the bathroom.

"No use thinking about it...can't let it interfere with the job..." She thought to herself. She walked into the training room, glancing at Adrien and Rex before taking her spot in a different area. Slowly, she raised her fists, and began striking the dummy, taking steps towards and away from the dummy. She expertly modified her strikes to suit her desired range. A one Inch punch swiftly led to an elbow strike, which led to an uppercut. The uppercut twisting into a right hook, before she took a step back and launched a roundhouse kick towards the dummies head. As soon as it connected, She immediately lurched forward, and delivered a fierce eye poke onto the dummies head, burying her fingers into the material where its eyes would have been. On every strike, she practiced her predictions, examining the moments of the molecules in the air each time her fist impacted the dummy, predicting exactly where they would move in response to her blows.

For someone from the slums, her fighting style was remarkably refined, in large part due to her ability to perfectly predict distance and angles. She'd relied on her fists throughout her life, and was better at using them than any blade or gun.

"mmmm" noticing that everyone moved from different sides and with serious faces, Rex was confused, so he approached Adrian.

"Adrian, did something happen that I didn't find out about? Did you find the enemy?"
Adrian was silent this time, completely absorbed in his training as he swung Dragon Slayer, refining his technique. With each swing, he would switch to another swing, the size and shape of Dragon Slayer seeming to change at his very whim as he struck the air in unpredictable patterns, training his precision. He didn't care to notice or answer Rex, his voice was drowned out by the wind pressure generated from his strikes anyway.

Rex clenched every muscle in his brain, concocting possible explanations until something came to mind.

"Elis....she wants to confront Zodd and she will do something to attract him to her, using something that he wants or wants to destroy because she is a threat, mmm..... The Mark, Zodd mentioned that Elis was the marked one, I guess it is something important that Elis will use it to attract him" Rex said to himself, finding out about the whole plan on his own, his study and deduction capacity increased considerably

As Nageki swam through his unconscious mind, sleeping through the various memories, he saw one in specific. He and his father were staring at a canvas of a blade of some kind, it wielded all of the elements within its metal, and it was something beautiful to behold. The very winds bent to its will and its strikes unleashed volcanic eruptions.

'Father, what is that?'

'My son, that is the Blade of the Jade Emperor. It was crafted in his time of isolation, where he cultivated his immortality. When he came out of the cave, the Jade Emperor came and slain the great darkness threatening the gods with this very blade.'

'The Jade Emperor...isn't that Chinese Mythology? Why should we study such instead of Japanese Mythology?"

'Nageki, remind me of where Japanese mythology comes from.'

'Korea, Ainu, and Okinawan myths, they are key influences.'

'A combination of cultures. That is what we must become in order to achieve greatness.'

With another sudden jolt, Nageki sat straight with a gasp. His mind was running as he looked at his hands. The earth below answered to his call as metal came from the ground, refined in a furnace of pure fire generated by his own hands. As the ground bent to his will, he had begun to set up his own forge and anvil. He could remember the exact shape of the blade, how it was supposed to be the finest blades of its time. So, he gathered metals from the earth and began crafting the finest blade he ever could. It was a grueling task, but the earth helped form his hammer as he slammed it down. The metal bent according to his own will, the elements of his own abilities being combined into a singular blade. Only one thing was on his mind, he would protect Elis, no matter what. The water, air, lightning, fire, and earth gave up of themselves to the weapon. Soon, he stared at a blade of unique quality, because he had created it.

His hand trembled as he picked up the blade, studying how it glowed in the night, how it looked like magma was its metal. Electricity sparked around it, and the beginnings of a storm picked up around it. The blade was a simple imitation of the true blade, something he could possibly attain later. It was certainly nowhere near the original, the blueprint. But, it was his, forged out of his own memories. As he continued to stare at it, all Nageki could say was....

"It's perfect."

Rex clenched every muscle in his brain, concocting possible explanations until something came to mind.

"Elis....she wants to confront Zodd and she will do something to attract him to her, using something that he wants or wants to destroy because she is a threat, mmm..... The Mark, Zodd mentioned that Elis was the marked one, I guess it is something important that Elis will use it to attract him" Rex said to himself, finding out about the whole plan on his own, his study and deduction capacity increased considerably
Charlotte glanced over at Rex, removing her fingers from the dummy.

"Oi, Rex. Where the hell have you been?" Charlotte asked, flicking a few bits of stuffing off her hands as she looked at the man. She scowled, more so due to her previous thoughts than anything Rex had done.

Adrian would then stop swinging his sword, simply sighing. "This isn't going to get me anywhere..." He said to himself.

Adrian Asphodel was a man born with no talent in the way of the sword. He'd spent his whole life tempering his skills, pushing the limits, and breaking his natural boundaries through grueling battles and countless hours of training against calamities and demons. That was the only thing he could do, really, after all, if he didn't push the limits of his skills, he could never match up to those monsters that were massively stronger than him. But simply swinging his sword wasn't how he did that...

"I need some experience." He said to himself, "Anybody wanna spar?" He said, walking over to Charlotte and Rex, not really caring who accepted his offer.

Charlotte glanced over at Rex, removing her fingers from the dummy.

"Oi, Rex. Where the hell have you been?" Charlotte asked, flicking a few bits of stuffing off her hands as she looked at the man. She scowled, more so due to her previous thoughts than anything Rex had done.
"I'm racking my brain studying my new strategies while suffering intense weight due to these weights" he said showing her several weights that he had on his wrist and feet as well as a belt.

"I am currently carrying 15 tons"

"Not really, I have to continue my investigations and repairs" he told Adrian

"Alright, have fun with that," Adrian said with a shrug, mounting Dragon Slayer on his back.

"What about you uh... Whatever your name is?" Adrian said, having forgotten Charlotte's name.

"I'm racking my brain studying my new strategies while suffering intense weight due to these weights" he said showing her several weights that he had on his wrist and feet as well as a belt.

"I am currently carrying 15 tons"
Charlotte glanced at Rex for a moment.

"...Sounds pretty intense. Good luck with that ." Charlotte said, shrugging a bit.

"Alright, have fun with that," Adrian said with a shrug, mounting Dragon Slayer on his back.

"What about you uh... Whatever your name is?" Adrian said, having forgotten Charlotte's name.
Charlotte glanced at him for a moment.

".....Sparing with him could take my mind off those weird thoughts I was having earlier..." She thought to herself. She hesitated, before speaking.

"..yeah, I got some time to kill, let's spar." Charlotte said, nodding. She put her hands in her pockets as she walked toward the man.

"And it's Charlotte." She said flatly, shaking her head.

"Adrian," Adrian said, introducing himself once more in case she had forgotten as well, turning around.

"Let's go somewhere more open. I don't want to cause any more property damage." Adrian said, referring to the large gash that had been on the training room floor and wall for a while, formed from his Dragon Slayer, and had yet to be repaired.

"Yeah... I guess you could say that." Adrian said, remembering his thoughts when Tarak had asked to help "make him strong", immediately pushing those thoughts out of his mind as they left the hotel, Adrian turning left and beginning to travel to a more remote location... the old collapsed tower where they had previously fought Zodd, believing it to be a good sparring spot and also wanting to check it out again.

Charlotte lit a cigarette, idly walking next to the man. Slightly suspicious of where he was taking him, she used her spatial awareness, scanning the area until she was sure nothing nearby was out of place.

“This place still gives me the creeps, even after its been destroyed…” she muttered, staring at the broken remains of the building. She knew that underneath that rubble was a mountain of corpses.

Adrian was silent, simply staring at the rubble, silently paying his respects to the fallen soldiers as he drew Dragon Slayer. They may not have put up a fight, but to him, it meant something that they even tried to oppose Zodd.

"I'll grind him to dust..." Adrian thought to himself, turning to Charlotte with his blood-covered, monstrous sword.

Charlotte looked at the man, staring at him for a moment before she slowly took her hands out of her pocket. Her eyes were taking measurements of the sword he was holding.

"....Doing this job is...personal for you, ain't it?" Charlott asked suddenly.

"...You got a similar look in your eyes that Elis had for a bit."

Again, there was really nothing special about Dragon Slayer, so analyzing it wasn't that hard, it was simply a big ******* sword.

"I guess you could say that." Adrian would say, not denying her accusations of this being personal, as yes, it was highly personal, and he wouldn't deny it.

Again, there was really nothing special about Dragon Slayer, so analyzing it wasn't that hard, it was simply a big ******* sword.

"I guess you could say that." Adrian would say, not denying her accusations of this being personal, as yes, it was highly personal, and he wouldn't deny it.
Charlotte looked at him for a moment.

"...If you don't mind me asking, why do you risk your life for this?" Charlotte said. She gripped her cigarette, removing it from her mouth and snuffing it out with her hand. Her thoughts from earlier crept into her mind again as she stared at the man intently, wondering where he got his motivation.

"......" Adrian let out a sigh.

"To save you my life story..." He murmured, "Calamities ruined my life. So I'm going to ruin there's."

As he said that, rage built up in Adrian's eyes, rage like Charlotte hadn't seen in a long time. Veins would bulge on his face, his grip around the hilt of Dragon Slayer increased dramatically as he remembered it... All the years he'd spent slaving away. All the years he'd spent scrambling for life, training for the very moment he could escape certain death despite his meager talent, training so he could avenge his family, the people on his planet, and himself. All of that rage built up in his expression, causing his face to contort into something violent, something furious beyond what most could consider reasonable...

Charlotte stared at the man for a moment subconsciously taking a step back. She had met many people in her jobs, and fought more battles than she could count. But...this man was different than any two-bit gangster or fighter. Reminding Charlotte more of a fearsome beast than any human she'd come across.

"....I ain't gonna pry any further." Charlotte said finally.

"....Been thinking of my own motivation, so I wanted to hear yours. That's all." She sighed, shaking her head.

Rex returned to his room and decided to go to the location of the door that led to the secret room, thanks to a special key given by his beloved pet, Rex immaterialized the door to enter and after let past the door, it disappeared when he entered, Today was going to be a long day or days?

Adrian nodded, "...Right."

"I hope you figure something out with that." Adrian backed away a bit, holding Dragon Slayer up.

"Kirby, serve as the ref... Make sure things don't get too out of hand." He ordered his golem, who had stayed silent the entire time, merely resting on his shoulder as she glared at Charlotte, Kirby jumping off and switching to human form, getting a decent distance away from the two.

"As you wish, my master." Kirby would simply say, Charlotte able practically able to see his muscles compressing and contracting under his armor.

"Ready?" He asked her.

Charlotte immediately took a stance, forgoing her usual habit of putting her hands in her pocket as she stared at the man intently. She briefly checked her pockets with her eyes, ensuring both her gun and knife were easily accessible to her.

"...Let's go." Charlotte said, her fists tightening.

Adrian said nothing else after that.

Adrian disappeared from the position he was in as soon as she finished her sentence, dashing forward at monstrous speeds. His sword strikes, somehow, with that enormous blade, carried ungodly precision, the Dragon Slayer's geometry seeming as if it was changing and shifting each time he swung it as his attacks came from practically all directions, Adrian moving the blade with such ease that it made it seem as if the thing was weightless to him.

Adrian said nothing else after that.

Adrian disappeared from the position he was in as soon as she finished her sentence, dashing forward at monstrous speeds. His sword strikes, somehow, with that enormous blade, carried ungodly precision, the Dragon Slayer's geometry seeming as if it was changing and shifting each time he swung it as his attacks came from practically all directions, Adrian moving the blade with such ease that it made it seem as if the thing was weightless to him.
"Tch" Charlotte muttered, the shifting geometry didn't bother her too much, her Spatial Awareness near-instantly correcting her measurements as soon as he altred it, but that strength is trouble. She knew she couldn't afford to take that sword head-on. Using her vector manipulation, she suddenly launched herself forward, diving right within Adrian's range as she dashed to meet the man. However, the moment before the blade could cut her, she vanished, teleporting mere inches behind the man as she placed her fingers against his head, performing a quick, One inch punch into the back of his skull if successful. She used her vector manipulation on the strike itself, giving it momentum and force comparable to a full-force punch, despite the lack of distance. The strike was positioned to rattle his brain, dazing him if successful.

Adrian nigh-instantly shifted around, displaying monstrous reaction speed as well as the length and shape of Dragon Slayer rapidly shifted as Adrian followed her eyes, trying to follow how she was predicting his movements, and trying to shift Dragon Slayer in such a way that he could match her predictions, and figure out a pattern which would confuse her, the blade's length increasing up to 9 ft and becoming about 3 inches thinner as he continued slashing at her with extreme strength and speed, the decreased width allowing his slashes to very slightly speed up due to minorly decreased weight.

Adrian nigh-instantly shifted around, displaying monstrous reaction speed as well as the length and shape of Dragon Slayer rapidly shifted as Adrian followed her eyes, trying to follow how she was predicting his movements, and trying to shift Dragon Slayer in such a way that he could match her predictions, and figure out a pattern which would confuse her, the blade's length increasing up to 9 ft and becoming about 3 inches thinner as he continued slashing at her with extreme strength and speed, the decreased width allowing his slashes to very slightly speed up due to minorly decreased weight.

Charlotte immediately clenched her fist, using her predictions against the blade, still working to predict his movements as her Spatial Awareness continued to correct itself rapidly. Raising her hand, she violently slammed the back of her fist into the flat part of the sword, deflecting it off course if successful. She couldn't fully match the man in strength, but she had learned to position her strikes to deflect physical blows from reaching her, allowing her comparatively weaker strike to send the blade off course, if only for an instant.

Should this be successful she would immediately redirect the momentum of her fist, perfectly blending her defense with offense as she launched a vicious jab towards his chin, again attempting to shake his brain to daze him.

Adrian would continue to follow her movements as she deflected the blade. He immediately figured out he couldn't out-predict her, but, he figured out he could follow the predictions somehow with his own.

"Easier said then done, though..." He thought to himself.

As soon as Charlotte hit the flat edge of his blade, he re-directed the Dragon Slayer in another direction, the blade seeming as though it was swerving around her head and going to hit her in the waist at the same time due to the constantly shifting geometry and Adrian's own erratic movements. He would follow her eyes, constantly adjusting his strikes to not outspeed, not in any capacity, but minorly match her predictions with his own movements. He stared deeply into her, noticing slight shifts in her sight, her position, and at the last moment, he shifted Dragon Slayer's direction to account for where she would go, even if only for a split second so that he could avoid her simply deflecting all his strikes.

Charlotte glanced at the blade as it seemingly swerved over her, changing its direction to her waist.

"...The bastard's trying to predict me..." She thought. She jumped suddenly, giving herself upward momentum with her vectors as the sword passed inches below her. The moment Adrien began to shift his blade to match her predictions, she instantly teleported, moving her position merely a foot to the side, so that she was facing the side of his body. Angling her foot, she spun suddenly, delivering a fierce kick toward's Adrian shoulder. She used her vector manipulation to increase the momentum of her kick moments before impact, hoping that the sudden increase in speed would throw off Adrian's attempts to follow her predictions.

Adrian didn't falter even as she kicked his shoulder, her attack denting his armor hard, but not at all affecting Adrian as he began pressing her with sword slashes, charging forward to force her to constantly dodge and teleport as he kept their gazes locked, his movements slowly becoming more efficient and less sloppy, not because he was getting any better, but because he was slowly matching her ability to avoid him as he then tried to slam into her with the flat part of Dragon Slayer, increasing the width back to normal.

Back