• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powerless - Role Play Thread

With Jael watching his back, the Doc reviewed the human corpses, according to his analysis a group was dead from what appears to be a cut in areas of adomen, and with large parts of flesh removed through bites this appears to be moderately fresh , perhaps 2 years compared to the most decomposed ones that seem to have been almost decades, there is not much that can be saved due to the putrification caused by being in an environment like this. The only thing he could obtain is that those who died much earlier did so from oxygen overdose.

About the creature that can be said, it was something that had never been seen before. Its prethoracic trunk supports multiple offensive limbs covered in chitin, but its most formidable biological weaponry resides in the tips of its fingers, apparently having a gun-like nature. of the ancient animal of the mother planet Earth known as Alpheidae, if it were not for the decomposition, he would be facing a great work of evolution or perhaps biological engineering, armed with his own body to kill, he was somewhat fresh, probably 1 week.
The Doctor also took note of something abnormal in the process: small organisms similar to maggots feeding on the oldest bodies, except these maggots were approximately the size of a human finger.

This reminded him that giant insects roamed the Earth hundreds of millions of years ago and the leading theory for the phenomenon was that it was a byproduct of the surplus of oxygen in Terra's atmosphere which matched up with the current situation. He assumed that the insects on Mondas must have experienced the same thing.

They used to be normal, but then something happened that caused the air to have twice its original quantity of oxygen and these organisms rapidly developed to adjust to the new environment while most of the other species either perished or became their new food source.

His speculation was confirmed by Roxanne's report.
"Well aint this really nice...."

Says after watching the recording, then informa her team in the chat

"I found a recording of over a decade ago, this planet went to hell from the oxygen increase, bugs and arachnids grew in size to a point we can be breakfast, lunch and dinner to them, i will transfer it into the chat, Chrome (@Backbackback ) you might wanna have a look at it, same to you Doc (@AThe1412 ), both of you might wanna better analyze it over with the info handed here"
"I saw this coming. Microorganisms seem to be affected too if the ones that attacked our ship earlier didn't make it obvious already. These remains would decay at a faster rate due to increased bacterial activity which means they're likely much more recent than they appear. In other words, the individual who killed this entity might still be alive. Tosho, can you give the recording a watch while I perform a procedure? I think we're getting close to figuring out what's going on.", he posted in the chat before turning his attention back to the corpse of the unidentified creature. Using some surgical tools he had on him, he began extracting the bullet from the wound on its head.

Last edited:
"Flippity Flop...? Can't say I've ever been called that before." Moon muttered to himself. The usual mirth in the man's tone was gone, and he paced uneasily around the room.

"...Didn't sign up to fight ******' space bugs..." He thought. His gaze shifted to the computer, waiting impatiently for it to finish its transfer.

"Hey Jael! Just a friendly reminder but you probably shouldn't leave the team's medic all by himself!", the Doctor who was looking for him on the same floor yelled out to him upon seeing the message, knowing that the heavy could easily hear and locate him with his enhanced hearing. Regardless of whether his squadmate actually heard him or not, he continued walking until eventually coming across the corpses.

"What happened here? It looks like a firefight at a glance. Let's take a closer look...", he whispered to himself as he began examining the bodies to determine their time and cause of death, starting with the humans before moving on to the peculiar-looking creature.
If it were possible to see through Jael's helmet, a slight eye-roll would be done. The reason the sample was acquired so they could study it later. But, since the Doctor was doing this right now, Jael was not going to leave an ally behind.

"I saw this coming. Microorganisms seem to be affected too if the ones that attacked our ship earlier didn't make it obvious already. These remains would decay at a faster rate due to increased bacterial activity which means they're likely much more recent than they appear. In other words, the individual who killed this entity might still be alive. Tosho, can you give the recording a watch while I perform a procedure? I think we're getting close to figuring out what's going on.", he posted in the chat before turning his attention back to the corpse of the unidentified creature. Using some surgical tools he had on him, he began extracting the bullet from the wound on its head.
Jael listened around, seeing if anything could be detected by its sound as the Tempus Railgun was equipped. While it was possible that more humans were alive, the Heavy's concern was on if any of those creatures were still alive and roaming this place.

If it were possible to see through Jael's helmet, a slight eye-roll would be done. The reason the sample was acquired so they could study it later. But, since the Doctor was doing this right now, Jael was not going to leave an ally behind.

Jael listened around, seeing if anything could be detected by its sound as the Tempus Railgun was equipped. While it was possible that more humans were alive, the Heavy's concern was on if any of those creatures were still alive and roaming this place.
"You know, I'm glad to have you here right now because I definitely wouldn't want to be ambushed by one of these things. So... Can you tell me more about yourself? Like what brought you here? Sorry if I'm asking personal questions that you don't want to answer.", the Doctor started a conversation with Jael as he worked, trying to lighten up the mood.

Last edited:
Jael listened around
Aside from the fact that it started to rain outside of the building, nothing seemed out of place.

She moves there in silence and opens it slowly, while still remaining to the side of the door, waiting a few moments before pointing the weapons at the entrance, ready as always to shoot possible threats
There was nothing, the room was lit, it was more like a warehouse, they had several boxes lying there, some weapons here and there.
"Flippity Flop...? Can't say I've ever been called that before." Moon muttered to himself. The usual mirth in the man's tone was gone, and he paced uneasily around the room.

"...Didn't sign up to fight ******' space bugs..." He thought. His gaze shifted to the computer, waiting impatiently for it to finish its transfer.
a small drop of water fell on Moon's head

"You know, I'm glad to have you here right now because I definitely wouldn't want to be ambushed by one of these things. So... Can you tell me more about yourself? Like what brought you here? Sorry if I'm asking personal questions that you don't want to answer.", the Doctor started a conversation with Jael as he worked, trying to lighten up the mood.
[JAEL] text log to [DOCTOR]: Questions like these can be answered later. I would like my full attention toward maintaining your safety at the moment.

Moonshine heard the droplet of water impact his helmet, and the man reflexively jumped backward in response. Quickly, he looked upward at the ceiling, inwardly praying it was just some...leak from the upper floors.
Luckily, apparently it is raining outside and some of the water leaked due to the passage of time that the building suffered.
Still keeping her guard up, she moves carefully but quickly at the boxes and tries to open them up
She saw that the boxes were mostly full of cans of food, although 80% were already empty because someone ate it.

[JAEL] text log to [DOCTOR]: Questions like these can be answered later. I would like my full attention toward maintaining your safety at the moment.

From the corner of her eye she could see, at the same time that thunder fell in the distance and illuminated the area a little, a silhouette moved in the shadows.

"Understandable. Ah, there we go. Didn't take me too long.", the Doctor said with the bullet successfully removed from the creature's head.

"It looks like a 9 mm, or at least one of the weaker calibers. Any of us can take one of these things down as long as we aim for the head. The rest of the body might need something stronger due to the armored exoskeletal carapace that covers it. Then there's also the claws...", he told Jael, hearing the loud sound of the storm outside.

Last edited:
Moon breathed out, before grasping the device from the computer, carefully removing it before putting it into a compartment in his suit. Quickly, he pulled out his messenger.

"To Rox: Upload finished. Lemme know where you are so I can deliver the device." He typed.

(@BlackDarkness679)

She saw that the boxes were mostly full of cans of food, although 80% were already empty because someone ate it.
"Hmm..."

She would check out the room for anything else if there was besides just the boxes Rox gave a look on
Moon breathed out, before grasping the device from the computer, carefully removing it before putting it into a compartment in his suit. Quickly, he pulled out his messenger.

"To Rox: Upload finished. Lemme know where you are so I can deliver the device." He typed.

(@BlackDarkness679)
"Im at the north of your current location, cant miss it, should be a door right in your face"

Explains to him in the message before resuming back to her own things in there

She would check out the room for anything else if there was besides just the boxes Rox gave a look on
She could faintly hear the sound of metal moving overhead (like on the ceiling, which is very high, not in her head).

Meanwhile something was moving on the way to the ship, with no good intentions.

She moves her head slowly up to see what it was all about that sound she is hearing above
Someone was pointing a bow at her, he had his feet nailed to the ceiling and he was small compared to Rox, probably 154cm

"Identify yourself" he said, although if she looked closely at where he was pointing, he was aiming for her gun, so if he had wanted to kill her, he would have tried it before, so maybe talk is better than start a fight

Someone was pointing a bow at her, he had his feet nailed to the ceiling and he was small compared to Rox, probably 154cm

"Identify yourself" he said, although if she looked closely at where he was pointing, he was aiming for her gun, so if he had wanted to kill her, he would have tried it before, so maybe talk is better than start a fight
"Roxanne Jhesmin....crew member of the Delta Squad....and you are?"

"Roxanne Jhesmin....crew member of the Delta Squad....and you are?"
The person lets himself fall from the ground, spinning in the air to land on his feet, and falls with a loud noise.

"Nikolai Shard but my friends call me Nick, and no I'm not a robot, nor would the term Cyborg be appropriate, it's more complicated than it seems." The man says as he lower his arrow/bow and waved his hand while smiles.

NMurderDrones.png

The person lets himself fall from the ground, spinning in the air to land on his feet, and falls with a loud noise.

"Nikolai Shard but my friends call me Nick, and no I'm not a robot, nor would the term Cyborg be appropriate, it's more complicated than it seems." The man says as he lower his arrow/bow and waved his hand while smiles.

NMurderDrones.png
"You arent a human either then i bet"

She extended her arm for a handshake at Nick

"Human mother, human father, being born dead is the question" he says after the handshake.
"What are you a zombie?..."

She soon asks him more important matters

"Are you a resident of this place? Or survivor? If not, how did you get involved in this mess? You know there are possible threats still roaming around?"

"The correct term is a metal corpse, it is illegal, the part of Manus that the area of this stellar sector previously rescued me 30 years ago from the laboratories of those who did the experiment. I can go into details if you want"

"Are you a resident of this place? Or survivor? If not, how did you get involved in this mess? You know there are possible threats still roaming around?"
"I have been living on this planet for 20 years, 5 years before of this shit, I survived the apocalypse as best I could, killing a couple of monsters like super-developed ants capable of decapitating people with their hands." He says.

"And yes, I need air, it's just that my cells under my metallic skin can handle the extra amount of oxygen that would be fatal for a normal human."

"The correct term is a metal corpse, it is illegal, the part of Manus that the area of this stellar sector previously rescued me 30 years ago from the laboratories of those who did the experiment. I can go into details if you want"
"Save it for when we get back to the ship bud"
"I have been living on this planet for 20 years, 5 years before of this shit, I survived the apocalypse as best I could, killing a couple of monsters like super-developed ants capable of decapitating people with their hands." He says.

"And yes, I need air, it's just that my cells under my metallic skin can handle the extra amount of oxygen that would be fatal for a normal human."
"You got quite the body....and these monsters still roam around or are they dead?"

"Those who were here are already dead, unless one infiltrated right now tho, but considering that you are here, is it possible and you mentioned something about squad? I guess they are here too"

"Those who were here are already dead, unless one infiltrated right now tho, but considering that you are here, is it possible and you mentioned something about squad? I guess they are here too"
"Two of them are downstairs, one on the ship and another in the computer room, but i told him to come give me something not long ago"

Informs the redhead this strange fella she was talking to

"Okay, let's go with them" said the smiling man while he looked in the mirror for a second and adjusted his cap. If Rox looked closely, his silver hair seemed to grow from him instead of something like a wig and it seemed to be natural instead of synthetic.

"Okay, let's go with them" said the smiling man while he looked in the mirror for a second and adjusted his cap. If Rox looked closely, his silver hair seemed to grow from him instead of something like a wig and it seemed to be natural instead of synthetic.
She informs the others through the chat

"If neither of you found anything new around, its about time to go, there is somebody whom lived here that can tell us much more as well, you will see him on the way, let us regroup at the entrance first"

She keeps her guns ready again in any case she encounters unwanted guests and moves in front of this new person

"Lets go shortie and be careful to your surroundings, as you never know what can attack you ever"

Moon, who had begun moving towards Rox's location after receiving her message, peeked out from one of the doorways.

"...Didn't think there would be survivors. Who's your lil friend there?" The man said. With a deft gesture, he pulled out the device she had inserted in the computer, twirling it between his fingers before handing it to her.

Moon, who had begun moving towards Rox's location after receiving her message, peeked out from one of the doorways.

"...Didn't think there would be survivors. Who's your lil friend there?" The man said. With a deft gesture, he pulled out the device she had inserted in the computer, twirling it between his fingers before handing it to her.
"You are slow yet again...especially on reading messages...move your ass at the entrance"

Says as Rox advanced ahead with guns held near her chest, at a quick yet quiet pace, after taking the device from Moon

"Nikolai Shard or simply Nick, huh she's a little moody" he says moving at the same pace that Rox

@ZoroNotZolo
"Oh, Rox just texted. They seem to have found a survivor, just as I predicted.", the Doctor told Jael as he collected a DNA sample from the creature and placed it in a small ziploc bag.
She informs the others through the chat

"If neither of you found anything new around, its about time to go, there is somebody whom lived here that can tell us much more as well, you will see him on the way, let us regroup at the entrance first"
"Well done everyone. Hopefully he's willing to answer all of our questions. We'll meet you above.", he texted back and stood up from the floor after gathering everything.

"I'm ready to go when you are.", he said to Jael while equipping his energy shotgun. He had a bad feeling that the two of them weren't alone on this floor and that something was about to happen.

Last edited:
"Nikolai Shard or simply Nick, huh she's a little moody" he says moving at the same pace that Rox
Moon simply shrugged, moving behind Rox and Nick as they walked.

“…She’s just a grouch, you meet plenty of her type in stuffy jobs like this.” The man said. He stretched his back, his eyes scanning the room around them.

“The name’s Moon, by the way. Moonshine.”

Back