• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powerless - Role Play Thread

Meta thread
(In case someone joins, we could say that they were on the ship waiting in case it have to be protect from bandits, and when the new character join, let's say it was an order from someone in higher rank+the promises of the other members saying that They can take care of the ship, so she/he went to assist the others.)
______
"Since ancient times, when human beings saw the stars they wondered what they could find there and how to reach them, spending thousands of years constantly evolving in different ways to fulfill their desire."
images

Year 2200, Star system N0-@1, 2 Light-years before the outer edge of Mankind Imperium;
In the vacuum of space, an exploration type ship was traveling through this solar system after making a Warp Jump. Its mission was simply to investigate the planet Mondas, which has been a recent subject of suspicion.

The ship's scanners indicate sand storms in several areas of the planet, in addition to the fact that the air has doubled its amount of oxygen, which would be fatal for a common human, for that reason they were super equipped.

images

The ship had supplies for 2 weeks and fuel for 30 jumps, although the rooms are very limited in what one can bring and carry beyond their mission equipment.

When the ship descended to the ground it went to a landing area, the holographic map indicates that the facilities to which the crew members must go is located 1 kilometer on foot to the north, there they could enter and review the data of the mother computer of that facility, perhaps discover why the entire planet went through a disaster.

An electronic chat was activated in their respective control systems of their exosuits (either on their forearms or something), through this they could text with other members of the Delta team and contact the base for any questions.

Right now the brave ones to start the first game were at the door of the ship, when it opened they could see what the place where they landed was like.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
An electronic chat was activated in their respective control systems of their exosuits (either on their forearms or something), through this they could text with other members of the Delta team and contact the base for any questions.

Right now the brave ones to start the first game were at the door of the ship, when it opened they could see what the place where they landed was like.
"We're here..." said a fairly old, not that "grandma" old lady of a voice as she bilked to her fellow passengers, lowering the ship to reveal the landing site.

Ponytail flowing in free fall of space— colored as grey as her gaze, unwaveringly bored or just lethargic from the stellar rodeo.

Through her peepers, a two-hooked, j-shaped metal appendage, tapered inch by inch from the wrist up the silicon shoulder.

Six of them, grasshopper—esque limbs, with two fixed on the steering and three maintaining control supposedly required by many men. All in one.

"Enjoy your stay or become a statistic. Not like you have a choice."

Last edited:
A redhead young looking female with yellow eyes, having an outfit that makes your mind think about a soldier from back in the day, wearing a vest with some fur at the top and cowboy trouser pants both brown in color and a red crop top along combat boots to the fit

Sitting on her chair with a leg over the other and leaning to her left with the cheek of head to rest on her fist, she stared blankly, her mind was focused on something else not paying attention to the people or surroundings around

Jael walks along, wearing the exo-suit in its entirety, not uttering a word. Instead, Jael texted the rest of the team.

The text read as follows:

"Exo-suit oxygen levels are normal."

In the chats, an indication of the route closest to where they should go appeared: Leave the landing facility where they are, walk through the streets to the north, turn left, continue straight for 1 block and then turn right, they will be in building 32

In the chats, an indication of the route closest to where they should go appeared: Leave the landing facility where they are, walk through the streets to the north, turn left, continue straight for 1 block and then turn right, they will be in building 32
"You all should go to Building 32. I'll be here securing the ship's safety. Can't waste much time..." nicknamed 'A6' through the chat.

"Yeah, yeah, shut up already"

Said through the text at A6 as she got up and went to put her exo-suit and ready herself in a few moments

Jael was already walking toward Building 32. It wasn't hard to follow the directions and get there at a reasonable pace, checking the rear occasionally to make sure the rest of the team was following and at a good pace.

(waiting for Rox and Tomoyo's conversation to end

Also back, pls read all the DM in Discord)

Last edited:
"Sure sound old enough to me though, now shut it and do your work, you aint moving your ass with us here anyway"
"...." after a short silence, she'd reply, "Y'know, I'm supposed to rebut by saying "I've already done it", but I'll join you guys in a jiffy..." hearing beeps from the voice, no noise cancellation.

(Well, I assume the conversation is over, also Back, read the Discord DMs and that Rox caught up with Jael)

Headquarters_for_House_of_Evolution.jpg

Jael and Rox arrived at building 32, which was at least 20 stories high and, according to reports, 12 underground floors, living up to its name, in any case, the entrance seemed to have broken glass and they could see what a building was like. disaster, although that may have been due to the sand storms, because there was some sand around, however the feeling that there was something else was still present. From what was known, a cardiac sign had been detected in this place before descending, however direct communication is difficult because the storms alter the signals. So they need to manually go and check for the individual occupant, or at least for the building's central computer.

Rox would try to open up the entrance from where the glass breaking occurred, using the left arm for it, but not before checking out quickly any nearby possible danger waiting around the spot

Jael's head shook seeing the text log and voice messages. At the building, the Heavy looked around the sides of the buildings.

Watching Rox's six, Jael would examine the area just in case the damage to the building was due to attackers.

Luckily there is nothing on that level of the building, only sand, and a lot of things lying around, it seems that that area is at least clear, the light is unfortunately off, but if it is true that there is someone here, it is possible that the occupant want it to remain turn off

"Phew...finally off that cramped lil dingy they call a ship. Any longer and I might've died of boredom"

A suited figure approached the building behind the others, his armored feet tapping lightly against the sand, leaving only the faintest of footprints in his path. His armor was colored a vibrant violet, and sparkled with bits of dark gold. Clearly a custom paint job by the looks of it. With a smooth motion, he opened up their shared chat, before typing a message.

"Moon here. The ships fine, so they kicked me out to help you lot. Let's play nice, yeah?"

Last edited:
"Phew...finally off that cramped lil dingy they call a ship. Any longer and I might've died of boredom"

A suited figure approached the building behind the others, his armored feet tapping lightly against the sand, leaving only the faintest of footprints in his path. His armor was colored a vibrant violet, and sparkled with bits of dark gold. Clearly a custom paint job by the looks of it. With a smooth motion, he opened up their shared chat, before typing a message.

"Moon here, the ships fine, so they kicked me out to help you lot. Let's play nice, yeah?"
As she saw another one of her mates leave, the pilot over the cockpit would sigh and breath out, another pair of arms wrapped behind to become her pillow.

"Finally, now I can rest... Well, I don't really, like, need rest, but yeah...." muttered over to herself, crossing legs and watching the feed of them walking.

Last edited:

"Moon here. The ships fine, so they kicked me out to help you lot. Let's play nice, yeah?"
"Quiet! Wanna help? Then zip your mouth for now"

Wrote up to the chat at him
Jael's head shook seeing the text log and voice messages. At the building, the Heavy looked around the sides of the buildings.

Watching Rox's six, Jael would examine the area just in case the damage to the building was due to attackers.
Luckily there is nothing on that level of the building, only sand, and a lot of things lying around, it seems that that area is at least clear, the light is unfortunately off, but if it is true that there is someone here, it is possible that the occupant want it to remain turn off
Roxanne would turn the lights back up from a switcher nearby and signals to Jael through hand gestures to move ahead with her watching each others back slowly

Luckily the lights work, now with light, inside they would see taht the place is a mess, leaves everywhere, chairs and tables destroyed.

There was an elevator and some stairs, both can go to above or below.

A6 remained seated, and kept her mouth from saying anything else. Nothing much to even talk about, let alone find somebody else to talk to.

Even if she did, there isn't much anything noteworthy, apart from her quote— "peers":

One is a heavy who, granted for the sake of argument, was looking for a fight after years of sharpening one's combat faculty.

Two is a somewhat infamous bounty hunter who has a very very blunt, serrated-bat-esque of a tongue.

Then third is a famous gymnast who was secretly part of some cartel, now caught and working for Manus.

"And I'm just a girl who died of a stupid ship crash and now revived like RoboCop..." grasping what used to be her "tummy", attempting to scratch an itch that's no longer there. "I mean, factor in everything else and the rest of the squad. That'd make me... the normal one... wouldn't I?"

Eyes up above the lights, she glanced back at the feed, having no sign of any presence from the team entering— for they already gone inside without her attention. She had one job.

"I guess not?" Seeing the one scratching being these dull imitation for normal human fingers, "Yeah, I guess not. Though, if these were criminals going on a death mission, then I'll just chill out here!" giggling to herself, before stopping to see if she was muted on chat.

[Microphone Status: Muted]

"Phew...." closed eyes, "Close call...."

A6 remained seated, and kept her mouth from saying anything else. Nothing much to even talk about, let alone find somebody else to talk to.

Even if she did, there isn't much anything noteworthy, apart from her quote— "peers":

One is a heavy who, granted for the sake of argument, was looking for a fight after years of sharpening one's combat faculty.

Two is a somewhat infamous bounty hunter who has a very very blunt, serrated-bat-esque of a tongue.

Then third is a famous gymnast who was secretly part of some cartel, now caught and working for Manus.

"And I'm just a girl who died of a stupid ship crash and now revived like RoboCop..." grasping what used to be her "tummy", attempting to scratch an itch that's no longer there. "I mean, factor in everything else and the rest of the squad. That'd make me... the normal one... wouldn't I?"

Eyes up above the lights, she glanced back at the feed, having no sign of any presence from the team entering— for they already gone inside without her attention. She had one job.

"I guess not?" Seeing the one scratching being these dull imitation for normal human fingers, "Yeah, I guess not. Though, if these were criminals going on a death mission, then I'll just chill out here!" giggling to herself, before stopping to see if she was muted on chat.

[Microphone Status: Muted]

"Phew...." closed eyes, "Close call...."
A small message appeared on her monitor, it had the warning sign, she should probably check it to see what's going on.

"Hmmm..." clicking on buttons, she'd first examine the cause of the damage, opening to see if the camera can make out of it visually.
She noticed a small grayish mass, the masses were moving around the area, however what she noticed after zooming in more precisely was that these masses were actually dozens of small organisms that were slowly eating that area of the hull of the ship.

She noticed a small grayish mass, the masses were moving around the area, however what she noticed after zooming in more precisely was that these masses were actually dozens of small organisms that were slowly eating that area of the hull of the ship.
@AThe1412

"Uhhh, Doc? You think you can handle those? It's right on the hulll..."

At the room where the individual would be located, she showed him the current footage.

Luckily the lights work, now with light, inside they would see taht the place is a mess, leaves everywhere, chairs and tables destroyed.

There was an elevator and some stairs, both can go to above or below.
"Alright, we split, i go upstairs, you go downstairs"

Wrote in the chat for Jael, then tells to the lady robot at the ship something

"Listen here chrome, two of us are gonna split, monitor us on the screen and in case something is with any of us, give a warning"

Rox would write for the other squad member something too

"You keep searching the entrance, in case something gets out of the stairs or enters this building, you know what to do if not friendly"

And with that, she went upstairs, holding her Combi-Energy in hands ready for any encounters as she quietly moves forward

@AThe1412

"Uhhh, Doc? You think you can handle those? It's right on the hulll..."

At the room where the individual would be located, she showed him the current footage.
(Here goes my first ever attempt at roleplaying)

The Doctor was getting ready in his room at the back of the ship, the room that he had transformed into a neat little medical bay for the mission.

It was a bit larger compared to the other rooms which he found strange, though convenient at the same time as it enabled him to carry more of his instruments in case any unfortunate individual, wounded or dead, have to seek refuge on their ship.

He heard the metal door behind him slide open and began talking without needing to look, already knowing who it was from the familiar sound of her footsteps.

"Miss Tosho, good timing. I'm going to head outside with the others. Some poor souls might be hurt and they'll have to carry them all the way back here for my help so I figured... Oh, what do you have there?", he asked in a calm yet curious tone when he turned around and saw the tablet that was being held with one of her mechanical arms.

As he listened to her and observed the footage, he sensed something... odd. Something that instinctively made his hair stand on end.

"A-Are those what I think they are?", he asked, unsure if the organisms attempting to dine on their ship were what his mind was telling him but he started feeling uneasy nonetheless.

Last edited:
"A-Are those what I think they are?", he asked, unsure if the organisms attempting to dine on their ship were what his mind was telling him but he started feeling uneasy nonetheless.
"I suggest checking on them hastily. The others aren't gonna be that far off anyway.... Best stop these things before it gets worse." Tosho replied.
(Here goes my first ever attempt at roleplaying)
(You're doing wonderful! Nice way to integrate my character's actions that supposedly happened off-camera)

Last edited:
A-Are those what I think they are?", he asked, unsure if the organisms attempting to dine on their ship were what his mind was telling him but he started feeling uneasy nonetheless
Given his extensive knowledge of both biology, chemistry and nature, after thinking about it for a moment, he remembered that is a species of bacteria, Halomonas titanicae, was native to Earth but due to the various transports that have crossed from Earth to other worlds, Surely this sneaked in before the team arrived and due to the current properties of the planet's atmosphere, its ability to decompose and oxidize metal has increased exponentially

Last edited:
Given his extensive knowledge of both biology, chemistry and nature, after thinking about it for a moment, he remembered that is a species of fungus, Halomonas titanicae, was native to Earth but due to the various transports that have crossed from Earth to other worlds, Surely this sneaked in before the team arrived and due to the current properties of the planet's atmosphere, its ability to decompose and oxidize metal has increased exponentially
(Thank you for the context. The description of the organisms really made me think that you were throwing a bunch of rats at the Doctor as the first enemies he has to overcome lol. Will write another post later. Also, I looked it up and Halomonas titanicae is actually a species of bacteria, not fungus)

Last edited:
(Thank you for the context. The description of the organisms really made me think that you were throwing a bunch of rats at the Doctor as the first enemies he has to overcome lol. Will write another post later. Also, I looked it up and Halomonas titanicae is actually a species of bacteria, not fungus)
(Ok, i change it slightly)

(You're doing wonderful! Nice way to integrate my character's actions that supposedly happened off-camera)
(Thanks! I'll try my best to make each post as entertaining as possible)
"I suggest checking on them hastily. The others aren't gonna be that far off anyway.... Best stop these things before it gets worse." Tosho replied.
"An engineer would be more fitting for this task, wouldn't it? But since I'm planning to come with the rest of the team anyway, I might as well take care of them on the way out.", the Doctor said, masking his anxiety with a smile.

He looked at the footage more closely and... it suddenly dawned on him. Those aren't rats. Hell, rats, or at least the ones native to Earth, shouldn't even be able to survive in this place due to its harsh environment! The revelation filled him with relief.

Great, I feel like an idiot for not realizing this immediately! Now to figure out what these things actually are... The musophobic genius thought to himself as he searched the large library that was his mind, seeking an explanation.

(Copy-pasting @Oliver_de_jesus's post and adding a bit more)
Given his extensive knowledge of biology, chemistry, and nature, he quickly concluded that the lifeforms were Halomonas titanicae, a species of bacteria originating from Earth that had evolved and spread to other worlds. First discovered hundreds of years ago from the deteriorated wreck of the RMS Titanic hence their name, these microorganisms are relatively harmless to organic beings, though their capability to adapt to extreme conditions and rapidly oxidize metal can pose a problem to spacecraft and other types of machinery. They must have been brought onto the ship while it was being prepared for the crew's trip and due to the current properties of the planet's atmosphere, their ability to decompose metal and reproduce had increased exponentially to the point of forming visible masses of biofilms.

The Doctor knew then that something had to be done soon or else this giant hunk of iron would end up looking more like Swiss cheese, so along with the stuff he had packed into his bag, he also grabbed what looked like a big flashlight and a bottle of colorless liquid from his storage locker.

"See you later, Spider Lady", he said, waving goodbye to the female pilot as he walked out of the room.

Last edited:
(Hey, man! I kinda envy your positivity 😊)
"An engineer would be more fitting for this task, wouldn't it? But since I'm planning to come with the rest of the team anyway, I might as well take care of them on the way out.", the Doctor said, masking his anxiety with a smile.
"Just... take care out there okay?" she asked, seeing the amount of uneasiness from his speech, knowing she herself had lots of things horrific on her account.
"See you later, Spider Lady", he said, waving goodbye to the female pilot as he walked out of the room.
"Spider lady? Seriously?" rather than annoyed, she waved goodbye with a tint of chuckling as he left.

He looked at the footage more closely and... it suddenly dawned on him. Those aren't rats. Hell, rats, or at least the ones from Earth, shouldn't even be able to survive in this place due to its harsh environment! The revelation filled him with relief.

Great, I feel like an idiot for not realizing this immediately! Now to figure out what these things actually are... The musophobic genius thought to himself as he searched the large library that was his mind, seeking an explanation.

(Copy-pasting @Oliver_de_jesus's post and adding a bit more)
Given his extensive knowledge of biology, chemistry, and nature, he quickly concluded that the lifeforms were Halomonas titanicae, a species of bacteria originating from Earth that had evolved and spread to other worlds. First discovered hundreds of years ago from the deteriorated wreck of the RMS Titanic hence their name, these microorganisms are relatively harmless to organic beings, though their capability to adapt to extreme conditions and rapidly oxidize metal can pose a problem to spacecraft and other types of machinery. They must have snuck onto the ship while it was being prepared for the mission and due to the current properties of the planet's atmosphere, their ability to decompose metal and reproduce had increased exponentially to the point of forming visible masses of biofilms.

The Doctor knew then that something had to be done soon or else this giant hunk of iron would end up looking more like Swiss cheese, so along with the stuff he had packed into his bag, he also grabbed what looked like a big flashlight and a bottle of colorless liquid from his storage locker.

When he went out to the location where the problem was, the doctor could see that the bacteria had grown enough to make a 1 square meter hole.

Back