• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning the legitimacy of High 6-A Devil May Cry

I still question the portal scaling to Abigail's AP as discussed before.

The most I'd compromise for the scaling is "At least 7-B (reasons, reasons and defeating Base Dante, and later stalemating him in a clash), possibly 7-A (The after-effect of a portal he opened resulted in several large clouds dispersing upon impact, though this was not a result of his direct power)".

I would also want to merge DMC1 and Anime Dante's key, as the scaling here would be affected.

"At least 7-B in base (Easily defeated Griffon and other demons comparable in power), Possibly 7-A in Devil Trigger (Defeated Mundus with his Sparda Devil Trigger, and instantly defeated Sid with his own, who was using part of Abigail's power)"

The anime does show Dante's form slightly change before cutting away for a moment and having Sid immediately defeated. So I think we can all assume he used his Devil Trigger to defeat him.

DMC2 and onward would simply have Dante as "At least 7-B, Possibly 7-A in base, higher with Devil Trigger" for the simple fact that he low-diff'd Argosax (who is established > Sparda iirc) in base form, and DMC4 takes place after DMC2 officially.

No, if that was the case then Sparda wouldn't have stood a chance.

Recent DMC5 promotional material states that Argosax = Mundus, IIRC.

Also, that "tier 2" statement makes no sense. Isn't that simply chalked up to dimension-related hax? The Demon and Human world have only been seen connected by hell-gates, which are portals.

Evidently from ANY source, there's no implication of the human and demon world physically being "merged together". That's lost in interpretation. They are "merged" or "connected" by gates leading between both worlds, as seen in literally every game so far.

CinCameron20 said:
Also, that "tier 2" statement makes no sense. Isn't that simply chalked up to dimension-related hax? The Demon and Human world have only been seen connected by hell-gates, which are portals.

Evidently from ANY source, there's no implication of the human and demon world physically being "merged together". That's lost in interpretation. They are "merged" or "connected" by gates leading between both worlds, as seen in literally every game so far.
The manga stared that the human world and demon world were one universe and something split them apart

Mundus was defeated by Sparda, Sparda needed help from Mathiar's old tribe to defeat Argosax

In order for this to make sense with the promotional material, Sparda would have to be weaker, and IIRC he sealed his sparda sword before he fought Argosax

Didn't Sparda need help to beat Argosax?

Depowered Sparda beating a full-power Argosax in a straight fight simply makes absolutely no sense.

The clan of half demons helped him seal argosax away

Sparda had already sealed his powers away at that point

His fight with argosaz was centuries before the games

Sparda sealed his power away 2000 years ago after his rebellion

As I said, Sparda needed help from Mathiar's old tribe to defeat Argosax, so yes, meanwhile, he defeated Mundus on his own. Who according to you there's promotional material stating he's equal to Argosax.

Sparda didn't beat him alone as the tribe helped, and he needed Yamato to seal it away.

Sparda had help to seal Argosax.

Argosax is stated = to Mundus. And is stated to rule the demon world "a few centuries ago", so I think it's safe to assume that this occurred after Sparda removed his demon powers. So yeah, weakened Sparda < Argo, so I wasn't TOTALLY wrong there.

Either way, DMC2/4 Dante would be "At least 7-B, Possibly 7-A" in base just because he basically wrecked Argosax, who is comparable to Mundus, who in turn is stated equal with Full power Abigail, who in turn is > Sid with his power.

That.....I don't know.

I would assume Argosax considering his Despair embodied form is basically his true form.

@Kep - So yeah, We can probably implement the 7-A into the tiers as a "possibly" considering this was Sid performing the feat (The portal, hence why I say we use "possibly"), and all the top tiers scale to Possibly 7-A for being more powerful than Sid w/ Abi's power.

So... DMC3 Dante = Same, DMC1/Anime Dante = At least 7-B Base, Possibly 7-A DT, DMC2/4 Dante = Possibly 7-A Base, Higher w/ DT, Far higher w/ Majin DT... and DMC5--o wait, still 1 day til game is released.

Can you tell us if the game includes any ridiculous feats, in the sense that they could be enough to blow this wiki up with controversy many times over?

Possibly in regards to dimensional nonsense, but again, that's portal and hax related. People might yell "2-C DMC" again, but unlikely.

As for actual energy feats. Urizen has a fairly juicy one + the Tree's potential energy and KE from growing as shown in the trailer is interesting, though I'm questioning if it scales just by context. It should, though.

The summary has already been released, and there are no feats, sadly. Not in the summary, at least. It will take a while for a translation to come up.

I only got to play through once, and now i'm waiting for the game to be unlocked via online pre-order on my own ps4 so I can actually play it again and record feats to be used here.

It's just one day. Exactly ... 1 day and 10 hours and 40 minutes from now.

We can make a new thread for the new statistics discussed in this thread, as well as DMC5's affect on certain characters, new character, profile changes, and feat discussion.

while you're at with revision, might I also suggest removal of the following resistances: Reality Warping, Space-Time Manipulation, BFR, and Precognition.

This comes back to the previous content revision. Which seemed to have come to the conclusion that LN Volume 2 is non-canon, and those resistances are from LN Volume.

Nier Hitoshura said:
while you're at with revision, might I also suggest removal of the following resistances: Reality Warping, Space-Time Manipulation, BFR, and Precognition.
This comes back to the previous content revision. Which seemed to have come to the conclusion that LN Volume 2 is non-canon, and those resistances are from LN Volume.
Most people in the previous thread agreed or were indifferent to the novels being canon and Before The Nightmare implies that DMC Volumes 1 and 2 are canon,if you want to have a discussion about DMC and what is and what isn't canon go to this thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2776176#29

Cool.

Also, again, big shocker, no dimension break feat, nor anything resembling a high 6-A feat was displayed in DMC5.

Wasn't Sparda implied to be able to hammer a spear all the way into the Earth and heavily damage it if he so wanted?

Well Dante and Vergil literally recreated the same feat as the naruto verse.

The god tree, the one and dmc 5 is much more higher and the base much more bigger.the root where so deep they started out from hell and grww so tall that it went past the clods and a bit more higher.

And the roots started to cover more than just the city at the end but the entire country/continent was starting to get affected and if left undone the roots would have covered the whole world

Also in game character data stats that Dantes Sin Devil Trigger form is on par with Sparda.

That was Kep and Golden Void deeming Abigail feat feat far higher than what it is, it's an outdated thread so it would be better to stop linking it Peter.

Revan Laha said:
Wasn't Sparda implied to be able to hammer a spear all the way into the Earth and heavily damage it if he so wanted?
In a fan scanslation and if you try to get that specific interpretation out of the text, yes.

Back