• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning the legitimacy of High 6-A Devil May Cry

Now I absolutely agree that Mundus is vastly more powerful than Griffon, but the "value" is unknown, and taking a multiplication in tens of billions isn't reliable, especially since Mundus' best feat (suicidal at that) destroyed a relatively small island and also possible GPE making it lower side tier 6, and would not compare to a High 6-A feat.

Just asking but when was stated that Mundus "died" during the destruction of Mallet Island?

I even remember Dante saying something along the lines of "when you come back give my regards to my son, will ya?".

Mundus is sealed, my mistake. xD I just compared it to a last resort explosion when that's clearly not the case.

And yeah, I expect Mundus to return some time far in the future... unless he's forgotten xD

> Just asking but when was stated that Mundus "died" during the destruction of Mallet Island?

I mean - Trish states that Mundus "resurrected" 20 years before MC1.

Well, he is "dead", since he wasn't created by Itsuno he will be forgotten and Nero will take the spotlight with even Dante fading in the background.

Don't expect to see him again.

Kepekley23 said:
> Just asking but when was stated that Mundus "died" during the destruction of Mallet Island?
I mean - Trish states that Mundus "resurrected" 20 years before MC1.
And nothing states that he died.

His "resurrectiion" could simply mean that he got out of the sealing that Sparda had on him.

I believe someone should put on Vergil's Profile under Notable Attacks his Dark-Slayer style, which allows him to teleport.

Resurrecting literally means returning to life. You can't return to life if you're still alive.

But it's irrelevant to the discussion either way. Point is, High 6-A is false.

DMC 1 states he was sealed more specifically the manual says in a marble vault and DMCs after 1 says he was either sealed or he was resurrecting before 1 either way that doesn't matter.Mundus didn't die on mallet island when it was destroyed and the dialogue supports this.

@Kepek - Do you think scaling should be discussed here briefly to determine who scales where? Obviously top tiers would be "At least 7-B, likely higher", but I'd like to question a couple characters in general (mostly Trish and others scaling to DMC1 Dante).

Also, I think making a new thread is currently unnecessary as of right now considering DMC5 is going to be here within 3 days, and we'll be discussing scaling there for new feats and such.

Basically, Top Tiers who are currently High 6-A or higher: At least 7-B, likely far higher.

High tiers, characters scaling to DMC1 Dante (base): At least 7-B

Characters scaling to, or around Griffon: 7-B (Including Trish. She may have hurt Dante twice, but it was made very clear she was going to get absolutely trashed in a straight up fight. And many implications in the game suggest she is likely inferior to Phantom and Nightmare considering she was shocked at the former's defeat, and fought on the side-lines for the latter).

Lady being Likely 7-B in the anime for fighting Trish, but the legitimacy of whether Trish was taking her seriously or not is questionable, as she was completely unharmed (outside of a small cut to the torso) and very casual about the whole engagement, whereas Lady was fighting in earnest.

I think Nero might need a key separation (but might be unnecessary) to yielding Yamato, and without it. He doesn't have any feats scaling to 7-B characters until after he acquires the weapon, and has only fought Low 7-B characters such as Berial, and his blade was casually caught by a base-form Agnus (Nero visibly struggling to pull his blade back with Agnus seemingly care-free), whereas Nero low-diff'd him later in the game. So basically Low 7-B Start of game, 7-B after acquiring Yamato (obviously higher w/ DT).

Everyone else SHOULD remain the same, unless I'm missing something.

Also, does Nero's profile note that his Devil Bringer is supposedly indestructible? I thought some source suggested that, but I may be wrong here.

I thought it was just a ritual he performed, but is it true that he literally slammed it into the earth? Easily a tier 7 feat.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Another feat worth considering is Sparda piercing the Earth with Temen-ni-gru.
Wasn't there a quote where he struck two enormous spears and didn't rend the earth or smth?

Aww I remember that thread now. Did it ever come to a conclusion?? A lot of people are saying that this site is downplaying DMC now

Well, [thttps://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2075114 he thread which decided it had 0.0005kg/m┬│]. I think that 0.003 might be storm clouds only.

Hmm... Mountain level seems to fall more in line with what we have at hand, although it's different from what Kepekley got. Did he make a mistake or something?

Back