• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning the legitimacy of High 6-A Devil May Cry

AshenCrow777 said:
Also in game character data stats that Dantes Sin Devil Trigger form is on par with Sparda.
I'm pretty sure that's a translation error or something, promotional material, WoG, and in game showings prove Dante has always been stronger than Sparda since DMC2.

If Sin Devil Trigger = Sparda, then:

Sparda = or > Mundus > Urizen > Base Dante > Argosax.

Which would contradict statements that Urizen is stronger than Mundus.

The profile for SDT being on par or possibly stronger than Sparda was in the words of Nico. On SDT profile in-game, she says Dante may have more power than even Sparda himself, however, I think she's being rather conservative in that regard.

Nier Hitoshura said:
The profile for SDT being on par or possibly stronger than Sparda was in the words of Nico. On SDT profile in-game, she says Dante may have more power than even Sparda himself, however, I think she's being rather conservative in that regard.
But she was interviewing dante herself so her info comes from the man himself

No, she wasn't and even if that were the case then that would just show that either Dante never given the power scaling that much thought or he is just downplaying himself.We have like 3 or 4 statements of Dante being stronger than Sparda and Mundus at the time of DMC2 with 2 being by WoG, 1 Nico or Dante saying otherwise doesn't mean anything.

Dante saying other wise does mean something because characters bio confirms that so far argosax vergil and mundus are the only people he fought agaiinst seriously and now urizen is too (but he still coint as vergil anyways) Dante outside of gameplay pnly went DT against these people and the bios confirms when Dante goes DT that means he's serious.

Also those statements as been retconed and changed so many time plus the new DmC novel that is abput to come out said by itsuno/capcom and Matt will shed some light and cement tge lore better because all DmC's gamea have kind of been inconsistent so far (Especially 2 and unfinished 4) and Dante is npt one to downplay himself like that the guys is always showing off.

Im just saying we have to consider all options because right now the verse is not even suppose to get a downgrade.

And lets not forget Itsuno made a promotional trailer for DmC5 about changing the timeline because a lot of things were inconsistent i mean in DMC 2 Dante is at his best.

But looo and Behold Sin Devil Trigger shows that he as reached is peak meaning that back then he wasnt at is best just stronger and we thought that DmC4 Dante had full control of his power's but he didn't since he finally discovers why he as rebellion Sparda new of a higher form of DT because the SDT transforms them into a full blooded Devil Like Sparda and Prime mundus.

The character bio confirms nothing of the sort and mentions nothing of the sort besides saying "Dante maybe even stronger than Sparda".

DMC2 Dante being superior to Sparda and Mundus was never contradicted and the statements supporting that are recent with one being a little after DMC5 was announced and the other being literally a couple weeks before the game came out, meaning that the game was finished.Also Nico doesn't get any info regarding Dante from him, it's her talking about him from her perspective.

Dienomite22 said:
The character bio confirms nothing of the sort and mentions nothing of the sort besides saying "Dante maybe even stronger than Sparda".
Thats what iv been saying i dont know what else were you refering to also in your words you said that they have 4 statements of Dante surpasing mundus and Sparda then why would they make a whole seperate profile for the Sin Devil trigger Form saying that that Dante is on par or maybe even surpass Sparda???

The fact that they made a specific profile for a new form of dante means they probably retcon somethings and again i said it was a possibilty we still have to wait for the novel.

Also it says with the power of Sparda unleashed.

That means Dante have awakened all of it.

Anyways have to go take care and goodnight/morning.

AshenCrow777 said:
Thats what iv been saying i dont know what else were you refering to also in your words you said that they have 4 statements of Dante surpasing mundus and Sparda then why would they make a whole seperate profile for the Sin Devil trigger Form saying that that Dante is on par or maybe even surpass Sparda???
Because it's Nico saying it, someone who doesn't know about Argosax or Mundus or how strong they actually are.Here is the most recent statement of DMC2 Dante being superior to Mundus and this is literally in DMC5.

Also, the novel is already out and doesn't contradict anything.The summary of it is on DMC5info's twitter.

"Sin Devil Trigger" being just as strong as Sparda contradict statements that said that Urizen is stronger than Mundus.

Sparda beat Mundus, but not by a huge difference.

ABoogieYesSir said:
One of those links is the same comment, but in Japanese, and the other one is just him saying "refer to my previous comment" without elaboration. IDC about the validity of the WoG as I've heard it's been discussed before but I wouldn't call that "stated several times" but more "said something once, posted it in another language, then told someone to refer to it".

I mean it's pretty obvious he created a universe, I think. It's more of a question of whether it is an outlier or not.

What CRT? A DMC 5 CRT or something else?

Also, this is really nitpicky, but Kamiya just asserts that it is a universe, not that he created it.

We've discussed that you need to prove a character creates a universe/pocket reality as opposed to just teleporting characters into an existing one.

@Reb 'Yall' is the singular use of the word. If i was referring to multiple people i would have said 'all yall'

Well by process of elimination it's pretty clear it's creation. It's not an illusion because of the fight itself, it's not teleportation because we see Mundus teleporting and that's not how he does it. The only thing we're left it is creation coupled with the fact his name is "universe" and Kamiya's tweet. On their own they aren't evidence but if you put them together it points more to creating a universe rather than anything else. And like I said the bigger problem is whether it's an outlier or not.

Matthew already debunked that since it was brought many many times before, but i'm fine with the Novel feats.

That was a retelling of Sparda vs the Demon World from DMC1, DMC3 manga changed Mundus's goal from wanting to split the universes to wanting to merge them back and rule them.If Both statements are taken as true it wouldn't work timeline wise or really make sense.

mundus wanted to invade the human world once he became king. He knew the human and demon world were once one universe so he was around when the split happened

Yea, but it is unknown what caused the split. Because if we take the DMC1 Pluto quote as true that implies 1.The Demon World and the Human world are in the same universe and 2.The universe being split didn't happen yet because Mundus was supposed to be the one that caused it.Both of these do not make sense if we are saying the DMC3 manga is canon because 1.The DMC3 Manga explains that the universe was already split between the Human and Demon World before the events of Sparda sealing the Demon World and which would make Mundus's goal of splitting the universes invalid.

Ogbunabali said:
I have no idea how the fact of being called World somehow points to you creating an universe. Which by the way, yes, Mundus means World. Not universe, World. You could say his intent was to use world in the vaguer sense of things like an universe, a dimension, etc... except this is rather without foundation. And the fact is used so vaguely, as well, kinda drops it's value as any sort of proof.

Plus, the only thing he said was "Universe". Even when asked again rather directly if he meant create, he simply clears "read my post again". Unlike he surely does, I don't find this super conclusive.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Plus, the only thing he said was "Universe". Even when asked again rather directly if he meant create, he simply clears "read my post again". Unlike he surely does, I don't find this super conclusive.
You can disagree or agree wether or not the WoG is correct or valid but that's beside the point, It's completely obvious that Kamiya is saying Mundus created a universe.All three tweets are essentially asking "What did Mundus create?" and Kamiya is answering them with "Universe".If Kamiya wasn't implying Mundus created something then he would have corrected all of the tweets asking "what was it that Mundus created?" by saying "Mundus didn't create anything" and "he actually did this". It's like someone asking "What do you cook?" and you reply with "pizza", You shouldn't have to say "I cook pizza" when the person asking the question already establishes that the question is in the context of cooking. Poor food analogy but you should get the point.

I like you how you literally didn't even read my post. I said "On their own they aren't evidence but if you put them together it points more to creating a universe rather than anything else."

@Dienomite Im not sure if youre aware of this or not but Kamiya is infamous for his constant 'i dont care what the fans think' attitude and trolling regarding people asking him for WoG statements. He has regularly responded to identical questions to the ones being used here with 'ask your mom' or 'who knows' or 'why dont you ask him yourself'. Kamiya is not in any way, shape, or form a credible source of information.

Back