• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen V: Sequels in Demand

Don't think it's wasting time Velox, this isn't a revision, the thread doesn't really have any other puropse than allowing fans of a series to share their thoughts on it.

I'll just say this, the pokémon are the central and main piece of all the games of the franchise, if they start to cut them out of the game and we let it go, what tells us that in the next games there will be new pokémon or even 8 gyms?

You're definitively the aggressive one if you're unable to stay out of a conversation because some comments pissed you off.

Andytrenom said:
Don't think it's wasting time Velox, this isn't a revision, the thread doesn't really have any other puropse than allowing fans of a series to share their thoughts on it.
Yes. This is literally the point of the discussion.

FORGET IT!!!! SAY ANYTHING ALL YOU WANT!!! TALK SHIT NOW AND I DON'T CARE NOW!!!!!!

....WHY MY EVERY LOVED FRANCHISE ALWAYS HAVE THIS KIND OF PROBLEM!!!!? First Nasu with their 7-A downgrade.........Pokemons with their matches.....and now this......its really hurt, i always hold it like acted normal but in inside its really hurt.....and today here i can't hold it and goes commenting above like that and ended THIS!!!

Okay guys, relax, that everyone think what they want, that's all.

(Also criticism is something positive, who knows if one day, after the complaints of fans, Ash stops losing leagues.)

NeoZex6399 said:
Okay guys, relax, that everyone think what they want, that's all.
(Also criticism is something positive, who knows if one day, after the complaints of fans, Ash stops losing leagues.)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! NO!

Hopefully some more enjoyable news comes soon.

Unrelatedly, I've been thinking. Didn't the map of Galar show a GIANT door with gears? I wonder if it has something to do with Gigantamaxing....

Melmetal is 809th Pokémon in the PokéDex, 48 Mega Evolution and 18 regional variants for a total of 875 Pokémon. To be over 1000, you need at least 126 Pokémon. Only, counting the Pokémon in the PokéDex you need 192 Pokémon.

There are more forms than just Megas and Regional variants. You have the Rotoms, the Genies, Giratnia, Ash Greninja, etc.

Hmmm. 28 Unown (With a minimum of 1 per species). With Unown, they'd mean 98 more formes.

With Vivillion, that's 20 more formes.

So, among other Pokemon formes, that's 78 slots to fill. Are there 78 other alternate Pokemon Formes?

We know that there's at least 18 new Pokemon in Galar. (Assuming all 3 starter lines are 3 stage evolutions.) https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

That's a minimum of 60 more slots to fill.

Electric Terrain means Azumarril and Togekiss are one shotted by any Thunderbolt, or nearly any Electric type attack really.

And are we going to ignore Rocky Helmet Mimikyu?

Bobsican said:
Electric Terrain means Azumarril and Togekiss are one shotted by any Thunderbolt.
And are we going to ignore Rocky Helmet Mimikyu?
Azumarill is one shotted anyways, and you don't just leave Toge to take a Tbolt, that is Clefable jobs on the meta team (Togekiss is not even meta u.u). Ok, but why Rock Helmet?

(@Cal)

That team actually seems pretty balanced TBH, it even has good answers to Fighting types (Which half of your team is weak to)

A Ghost type around wouldn´t hurt, by the way...

My OU team is

Victini (Anti-lead/overall pick choice/desperate meat sheild)

Latios (Dragonium-Z Draco Meteor)

M-Mawile (Main phsysical Attacker & Fire Fang = **** Ferrothorn)

Chansey (Self-explanatory)

Skarmory (Physical tank with Taunt)

Rotom-W (Pivot/Defogger/Decent Damage)

Meanwhile I just play Battlespot Singles by throwing random shit at people:

-Wobbuffet (Panic Button)

-Porygon2 (Sadism option)

-Porygon-Z (Cheese maker)

-Pheromosa (Hoping things aren't bulky)

-Mawile (Hoping things aren't fast)

-Nihilego (Nihilego)

Drite77 said:
Azumarill is one shotted anyways, and you don't just leave Toge to take a Tbolt, that is Clefable jobs on the meta team (Togekiss is not even meta u.u). Ok, but why Rock Helmet?
I tried Clefable already, it just isn´t in my gameplay style (as it´s too defensive...)

As for the Rocky Helmet, well, Disguise means Mimikyu can trigger it at least twice, which actually means for example an easy way to disable Dragonite´s Multiscale while also setting up with Swords Dance safely

And Togekiss actually has some unique things, including Flamethrower (neat for Steel Pokémon), the classic Serene Grace+Choice Scarf+Air Slash set and Diancie is the one meant to take Electric attacks.

I really wish there was some Ground/Fairy type in OU, that´s the only thing missing in the team TBH

Eh, i can see some use on other items, like Red Card (or it was Eject Button?) or a z move for maximu damage, but i guess that it works

My main team for Mono is:

M-Scizor (SD + Bullet Punch is always nice)

Forretress (Good physical wall, hazzard setter and removal, though i would like to have a recovery move on him)

Galvantula (Lead and good against water and flying teams)

Volcarona (Amazing Setup Sweeper to clean the late game)

Araquanid (Good Special Wall, and checks those fire types, like Heatran without ST)

Heracross (Revenge Killer)

Eject Button on Mimikyu wouldn´t work well, as it´s slow, you would be forced to use Shadow Sneak while letting your opponent easily nulling your stat amps by just hitting you and even also wasting the Disguise ability.

Not a good idea overall.

But the Red Card, on the other hand, can bring even more momentum to the team, but it´s also risky, as it can also bring a perfect counter and so bring momentum to the opposing team instead.

Back