• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen II: Gen II Starter Mega Evolution When!?

I know, uncreative title but hey at least i'm trying :v

Ehm, welcome to Pokemon General Discussion Thread, here we can discuss anything about Pokemon from vs matches idea, anime/game discussion, game, meme posting, etc.

Recently we have a two project (maybe? I dunno lel) to do, first is cleaning and adding to a poor/mess/stub Pokemons pages and second is adding more Pokemons to this wiki.

And now let's begin!!!

D0a BPGWoAAaF4E

Maybe in Gen 5, but i don't see alot of hail teams anymore, though Sandstream teams are still nice to use since they have Ttar and Hippowdown

GlaceonGamez471 said:
Wouldn't that require Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt to kill?
Or maybe switch on Spikes/Stealth Rocks?
Yes, but i don't know if smogon would consider that to specific as a counter

Feraligatr won't get one without the other Jotho mons getting one, and I doubt they'd be given that much attention in Gen 8, unless we get HGSS remakes.

Drite77 said:
GlaceonGamez471 said:
Wouldn't that require Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt to kill?
Or maybe switch on Spikes/Stealth Rocks?
Yes, but i don't know if smogon would consider that to specific as a counter
Magic Guard prevents indirect damage, which means that burns, poison, stealth rock, hail, etc don´t even make an scratch on it.

In fact, for that reason it´s banned in metas that allow 2 custom abilities at once.

In other words, the only ways to beat it would likely involve Mold Breaker, Teravolt, Turboblaze, Phothon Geyser, Moongeist Beam Sunsteel Strike, Simple Beam, Worry Seed and stuff of such sort, which obviously would overcentraile any meta that isn´t BH (As really, the Gen 7 ignorabilities moves are quite spammed there).

I still remember back when I used Illusion Kangaskhan in BH and made everyone think it was Mix and Mega (like, "Togekiss megaevolved into Mega Togekiss!")

Now that ability is banned, and in unbalanced hackons it isn´t even worth it.

@Velox, mate, i can possibly start the profile tomorrow, but i will likely only finish that on Thursday

Mega Arceus with the Conquest Omnipotent Ability and a new broken move: Time Stop (Lietally stops time for all the opposing Pokémon, in time stop status, they can´t do anything, even be switched, for a period of 2 turns), this move has 5PP, however. Oh, and 140 base stats for all stats but HP.

It likely would stlll be Ubers if only the stats are upgraded, as Arceus kinda suffers Kommo-o syndrome.

It'd receive another ability if its only a traditional mega evo since, ya know, you cant have a plate equipped and the megastone.

Back