• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen II: Gen II Starter Mega Evolution When!?

@Drite

I kinda agree Delphox kinda odd since Braixen is really good design-wise, but overral she alright, at least you're not a Delphox haters.

But i really disagree about Samurott like brah, how is he disappointing? Like how? How?

I was doing this with Dragom earlier today

Favorite/Least liked (doesn't necessarily mean dislike)

1. Bulbasaur/Squirtle

2. Totodile/Chikorita

3. Treecko/Mudkip

4. Chimchar/Piplup

5. Snivy/Tepig

6. Froakie/anything not Froakie

7. Popplio/Rowlet

Veloxt1r0kore said:
@Drite
I kinda agree Delphox kinda odd since Braixen is really good design-wise, but overral she alright, at least you're not a Delphox haters.

But i really disagree about Samurott like brah, how is he disappointing? Like how? How?
Because he have potential of being much more, you literally can't screw up a mon that look like a swordsman and could be a much cooler Swordsman, but they did

I mostly like the water starters more. Except in gen 3, I like the three of them equally lol

Veloxt1r0kore said:
I mean this is a game so you can't expecting your fave so OP or else, if you do then you just make yourself upset.
I tend do to that alot.

Also i may have read it wrong, but gen 3 is the most loved overall here

Honestly the only pokétubers I even remotely follow are False Swipe Gaming and Lockstin & Gnoggin. Even then it's hardly "following" and just occasionally checking stuff out.

Given what's going on, TheKingNappy is on the 'dislike' side.

Shofu, blunder and Elo Bandit are my favourite poketubers

Also reee I just got a Detective Pikachu ad in french despite the fact that it doesn't come out in my country.

I kinda like TrueGreen7, and dislike that one guy, forgot what he was called. But it seems like most of the fandom hates him, so that might tell which one it is.

He makes a lot of ignorant statements + tries to act like a great source of Pokemon knowledge when he steals most of his sets from smogon/gimmicks and worst of all he's a furry

In all honesty, if it wasn't for his toxicity I wouldn't mind him

At least we have something in commo I can see why he is hated, but, like everyone says, you need to check yourself

Fair enough. I used to watch some of his videos a good while back, and they weren't bad, but his stubborness just really annoyed me.

Well mine is AuraGuardian, TrueGreen7, and Lockstin & Gnoggin, their content are awesome. The dislike one is Hop, dunno why but just looking at his video are already make me disliking him, MandJTV neutral tbh but slightly dislking him.....a bit, MysticUmbreon with his quadredpal fetish for fire starter, Eryizo kinda like him but after watch his worst starter video my likeness decreased a lot. Coincidentally they have similiar traits, hating Delphox which make me sick af.

Drite77 said:
Funny enough, i had seen that video long ago, than asked myself "Is that Bobsican from the VSBW?"
Yes, actually, for a reason the video in my message wall and that video share the same channel and the name.

What do you guys think of the theory that the Fire-type Starters are based on the Japanese/Chinese Zodiac? I think it holds up for the most part, though it has one major flaw.

No matter what happens TheKingNappy is still THE Nappy Boy and I am still a PROUD MEMBER of the NappyNation!

@Velox It's a song by Shofu called 'Verlisify'. Pokemon drama aside it's actually a pretty catchy and well shot song, if you like rap.

HenryWong122 said:
What do you guys think of the theory that the Fire-type Starters are based on the Japanese/Chinese Zodiac? I think it holds up for the most part, though it has one major flaw.

No matter what happens TheKingNappy is still THE Nappy Boy and I am still a PROUD MEMBER of the NappyNation!
I think it works. Cyndaquil may be a stretch but it works.

Nah, I don't think that theory is real, for one why just the Fire Starters, why wouldn't they have something for the Grass and Water owns considering that in everything else the starters are connected, two I don't believe that if Game Freak would force their designers to only ever create fire starters based off the Chinese Zodiac and refuse any other idea that's not related to the Zodiac no matter how good it was.

Slightly off topic, but I'm planning on finishing Crawdaunt's profile + overhauling Kingler's. Thought this would be fitting

B76CBD39-CD61-49C8-BEA0-E4A390E35248

Not...really strong enough arguments to claim that these 7 generations in a row of starters fitting the zodiac to be one big coincidence.

A question I have to ask about IQ skills, specifically Quick Healer and Self-Curer, what these abilities do is increase a Pokemon natural healing which every Pokemon has in Mystery Dungeon even without the IQ skills, which means even without these IQ Skills shouldn't every Pokemon from the weakest Magikarp to the strongest Legendary such at least have basic Regenerationn and the ability to heal certain Ailments even if their not as fast as Pokemon with those IQ skills?

Anyway i'm found that Infernape and Torterra have their abilities lacking or missing like Infernape can enter berserk mode, Empoleon in other hand seems good....maybe?

The only one that doesn't work is Delphox because Foxes =/= Dogs.

@Veloxt1r0kore The "berserk mode" was from Paul's Chimchar, later Ash's Infernape, not be able to control it's exceptionally powerful Blaze ability.

Back