• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen IV: Myth Based, Myth Based Everywhere!!!

Oh boy Size Manipulation for Ash, this will be interesting

I now see all pokemon being at least building level via dynamax

Wooloo is precious and I'm 100% having it on my team, Corviknight looks rad as well and it's already one of my favourite bird Pokémon. I really love the Wild Areas idea, more open ended than traditional routes and you can see the Pokémon walking around ala LGPE, raid battles also seem cool. Dynamax looks more interesting than Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves, the fact they only last 3 turns makes them more strategic than Megas ever were and the whole purple storms that are created add a intense atmosphere. Legendaries are a good pair of doggos so that's cool, and Sonia is looking to be a high tier waifu.

Kriskirby said:
Oh boy Size Manipulation for Ash, this will be interesting
I now see all pokemon being at least building level via dynamax
godamm need size manip all apply this pokemon in sword and shield holy crap!

When I saw it in the direct, I thought IT was a Legendary. It's big, it looks tough & awesome, & it fits the theme of the region. 'course, in the heat of the moment, I hadn't considered that it didn't show much "Sword Pokemon" or "Shield Pokemon" theming in its design.

Okay given it's me, I'll give my opinions on this.

• The Overworld looks tight. I like the free control of the camera as well.
  • Raven is a cool looking Pokémon
  • I really like what they did to Hyrule Field...I mean Wild Area. And I'm glad that of all things they brought from LGPE, it's Pokemon on the Overworld. Looks like Pokémon aren't following you anymore though. Also rip Nuzlockers.
  • Yall acting like Sonia's gonna be the most lewded on the Internet. We all know it's gonna be that flower Pokémon. What, you think people are into this sh*t because of Smogon? ovo
  • Speaking of Smogon, woo, let's see this meta change. Who's ready for Dynamax'd Arceus or Deoxys in Ubers? Or Dynamax'd Landorus-T in OU?
  • Looks like he protagonist can make different facial expressions now.
  • Doggos. British doggos are pure and they better be the strongest Legendaries.

https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/ Yay, officially published info!

Lore/Dex entries, height, weight, abilities & types are available. Corviknight is a Flying/Steel type Pokemon, 7'3" (2.2098 meters) & 165.3 lbs/75 kg.

Gossifleur & Eldegoss have a new ability called Cotton Down. Not sure of Bulbapedia's source, but they say: "When a Pokémon with this Ability is hit by a move, the Speed of the attacking Pokémon is decreased by one stage." (So if it's triggered on contact, it's basically a Gooey for Grass-types?)

There's a bit of new lore on the starters, too. Grookey's stick is from where it's troop was, Scorbunny has a flame sac with "viscous" flame energy. If Scorbunny is able to increase its heart rate and body temperature by running around and warming up properly, the true power of its fire energy will be awakened and its physical capabilities will greatly increase.

Sobble's tears are said to be as potent as 100 onions, & its body changes colour & pattern on contact with water, blending into surroundings. Timid, so, if nervous or embarassed, it secretes its body's water like sweat & disappears into surroundings.

If threatened, it bawls, spreading its tears around; Its tears can make others cry uncontrollably, which it uses as a distraction as a chance to escape.

"Wooloo live as a herd and mimic the actions of their Trainer or herd leader. They dislike conflict, and if they need to escape from enemies, they will simply roll away." Cute.

Drednaw is Water/Rock, well-developed muscles let it move quickly. Extremely vicious, takes a skilled trainer to tame & handle. Some will release Drednaw back into the wild if they find they can't handle it.

Zacian & Zamazenta are vague as heck.

"Its shining blade can cut through anything. Zacian attacks so gracefully that its movements can even captivate its opponents. It holds what appears to be a sword in its mouth."

"Its gleaming shield can turn back any attack. Zamazenta's regal and majestic movements overwhelm any opponents that dare face it. Its body is covered in what seems to be a shield."

Either it's hiding some kind of secret or power, or GF is unwilling to admit Zacian's gimmick is just carrying a sword in its mouth.

That raven looks like an Yugioh monster TBH but it is always a good thing to be a Yugioh monster ovo

As the amazing Pokemon fan that I am, I slept through the whole thing.

Going back on it however, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. The region looks nice, the Pokemon are shaping up to being great, and Dynamax seems to be a really...interesting addition to the line-up of Pokemon buffs.

Looking good, Game Freak!

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Dynamax Wailord > Arceus
CHANGE. MY. MIND.
Well, Dynamaxing can't be done anywhere, & the Arceus we see & battle is just a projection its true form makes, right? Could Arceus just project a larger version of its avatar, if it really wanted to?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Nah. Dynamax Wailord is 2-B because the mf will become bigger than the whole damn Multiverse when enlarging beyond all possibilities ovo
If you can only Dynamax in certain locations, how will you stay Dynamaxed in the whole multiverse, lol? It includes the places you can't Dynamax! (Although it also includes the places you can.)

Imaginym said:
If you can only Dynamax in certain locations, how will you stay Dynamaxed in the whole multiverse, lol? It includes the places you can't Dynamax! (Although it also includes the places you can.)
Dude im joking over here lol.

Im tryna be funny with all the Wailord jokes lol.

Back