• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1078: Escape Limit (Fan Translations)

When you get badly injured, you start running out of steam.
King didn't though, Oda expresses his characters showing fatigue with stuff like "huff, huff" or worse. King never reached that point.
I was trying to say that Asura may not have have energy drain like KoH does, or at least not to the same degree.
Idk why though, I'm just saying I think KOH will be used more often in the story than Asura was after it's reveal.

reading the koh stuff above, i personally think it wouldnt do shit considering
1 flame off king took an attack and kept fighting, flame on should only get a small cut if not outright tank
2 zoro knew its useless
him dodging and getting scared.. i could say he was wary or running out of stamina but i admit its weak excuses

Btw, I just realized a dope feat for KoH Zoro was easily slicing King's suit to tatters when Marco's Bluebird + Kick (the latter of which matched Kuzan and Kizaru) couldn't even scratch it.

Speed, not power.

If it did give him a power boost that'd be cool but asides from Omori he never needed to lower his back-flames to use Imperial Fire.
Doesn't more speed mean more power?
Like if you slowly put your fist against a window, it'll stay completely intact.
But if you punch it faster it'll shatter.

reading the koh stuff above, i personally think it wouldnt do shit considering
1 flame off king took an attack and kept fighting, flame on should only get a small cut if not outright tank
2 zoro knew its useless
him dodging and getting scared.. i could say he was wary or running out of stamina but i admit its weak excuses
I'm still not sure.
I personally think that it's a possibility it could hurt him, especially if he was avoiding the attack and has Observation strong enough to sense the power in an attack, but this is just a theory.

I'm still not sure.
I personally think that it's a possibility it could hurt him, especially if he was avoiding the attack and has Observation strong enough to sense the power in an attack, but this is just a theory.
i think a safer assumption is that it couldve hurt but no way it wouldve took him down

king was running out of stamina too if the attack hurt bad but didnt take him down did it really hurt bad

king negs
sanji can hurt him wow amazing now he gets vaporized by magma
Unfortunately, IJ does have higher heat scaling than King's magma fire.

hold on base sanji cant resist ij and he doesnt defend with bosu often
where do his base scale

KoH is something that Zoro will definitely use more liberally compared to Asura.

Where as Asura can be a bit awkward to use in normal combat and is best suited as a finishing move, KoH is literally Santoryu but better in every way, so it's a far more fitting style for extended combat.

KoH is better for fighting where as Asura is better as the powerful finishing move (can't wait for Zoro to combine both).

Also, KoH is far easier to draw than Asura, so of course Oda would likely use it more often lol.

KoH is something that Zoro will definitely use more liberally compared to Asura.

Where as Asura can be a bit awkward to use in normal combat and is best suited as a finishing move, KoH is literally Santoryu but better in every way, so it's a far more fitting style for extended combat.

KoH is better for fighting where as Asura is better as the powerful finishing move (can't wait for Zoro to combine both).

Also, KoH is far easier to draw than Asura, so of course Oda would likely use it more often lol.
Doesn't using Enma too long risk killing Zoro tho?

So with the current information, how high does Zeus scale, in terms of AP?

And would it scale back to Wano Big Mom? She has much more control over Zeus then Nami does.
Honestly it seems like it might be dura neg considering he went right through the insides of S-Shark.

If not, then Zeus is indeed High 6-A, and yes BM would be above this.

This would of course improve the durability feats of Rooftop Zoro and Killer.

Honestly it seems like it might be dura neg considering he went right through the insides of S-Shark.

I honestly also think it's more akin to dura neg, since this would make Zeus > Gear 4th Luffy, who can harm Big Mom.

Nami lightning attacks usually go through her opponents tho.

Thunder Lance Tempo does the same thing, and we still use it for scaling.

Exactly! If anything, Zoro should be using it more often so as to better adapt to it (Not against random fodder of course, but now would be a great time for it).
Probably will see it next time he has a proper 1v1 against a strong for.
Nami lightning attacks usually go through her opponents tho.

Thunder Lance Tempo does the same thing, and we still use it for scaling.
Those are probably Dura neg as well then.

Tbf the Seraphim seem to have organs as durable as their outer parts, like S-Bear tanking a Rokougan ( though we don't have any official scaling for Rokougan yet but it's worth noting ).
And now SeraJimbe is seemingly tanking Ifrit Jambe which means Zeus > SeraJimbe > Ifrit Jambe > Diable Jambe

York was the traitor out of all the Vegapunks!? Well, I definitely didn't suspect her as the culprit (sorry Shaka lol), then again she does represent Greed. Hopefully her reason is as incredible as it was hyped to be.

Wait, if Snake and York got Atlas, does this also mean they got Robin and Chopper too!? Dammit! I mean I don't care all that much what happens to Chopper, but not Robin!

So IJ didn't damage to Flames On S-Shark? At all? I genuinely surprised. I thought it would've done a little.

And Kizaru and Saturn FINALLY appear the end! No wonder the leakers were hyping the chapter's ending.

Honestly these Seraphim are a lot more impressive than I ever thought they could be. Might have to just hold off on making any more scalings assumption based on the Seraphim until we see what it takes to actually beat them.

Last edited:
Back