• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Heat resistance Scaling

WrongIdea21

He/Him
Some characters that have heat resistance do not have a definite value to how hot they can survive. this will cause confusion in the versus thread and for anyone reading their profile.

In some CRT I see that Scaling heat resistance to lightning's heat is allowed.
From this page it says that Heat from lightning can reach 50k Fahrenheit or 5x hotter than surface of the sun( 5600 Degree Celsius).

Regarding Luffy Immunity : scientifically Rubber will be immune to electrical elements because rubber does not have loose electrons like other conductors, But the lightning will still heat the air around Luffy, so Luffy will still scale from the hot air that is passed by Enel's Lightning.
Strawhat's like Zoro, Sanji, Ussop and Robin can endure Enel's Lightning would scale.
Zoro without Haki also can resisted BM's Lightning strike, back up feats.
Killer and Kid who's ate Hera's lightning strike would scale.
Ulti can Endure Nami's Lightning would scale.
Big Mom without Haki would Scale to Zeus's Lightning as well.

People who can Burn Luffy like Akainu's Magma,King who can Burn Zoro and post time skip DJ Sanji Would scale Higher than 27K Degree Celsius.
Shanks, Aokiji, Marco, Vista and Jinbe
Sanji, Luffy with Haki, Doflaminggo , Judge, Queen with Haki and Bigmom with Haki.
King and Zoro with Haki

Luffy can Burn Doffy's with his Red Hawk so His Red Hawk is scale Above Doffy's resistance
Luffy with Haki and Katakuri with Haki

Sanji's Ifrit Jambe and Kaido's Kaen Daiko which can burn Luffy with Haki would scale Higher than Sanji's DJ heat.
Sanji with Haki
Kaido and Luffy with Haki

I don't remember all the characters involved in the scale above so if something is missing, let's discuss.

Last edited:
Would characters getting struck by Enel's lightning scale to the full heat value regardless if they're "grounded" due to it being "close proximity" and "horizontal bolts"?
tbh i'm not an expert on lightning temperature scaling. all i know is that in skypiea people took the bolts for a long period of time

It's Okay, most of the feat above is a Horizontal and close range Lighting attack.
Would characters getting struck by Enel's lightning scale to the full heat value regardless if they're "grounded" due to it being "close proximity" and "horizontal bolts"?
It's not about the closeness either- it's about the current. Enel's discharges on Zoro specifically were lasting seconds.
Short microsecond zaps don't burn, just shock
Zaps that last a second or longer begin breaking down insulation and transfer the heat
Ganfall I think got hit mid-air, and I don't remember for Robin.

main-qimg-acb67157eb7070e7ac15d9b7e66dc6e1-lq

But for Zoro, the lightning dog straight HELD ON TO HIM and let the current last for a while. Enel also doesn't shock Zoro via a quick zap, he flat out GRABS HIM IN PLACE and makes sure to fry him for long enough.

tumblr_inline_paetgfszz71tzbmyc_540.png

And after he's done Zoro's body is flat out emiting smoke, indicating heat.
143bb10404708c05a5554e1a73304637f5951266r1-728-1149v2_hq.jpg

If he didn't die from that, he's heat resistant. Plain and simple. Enel's discharges last for seconds on end and cause the victim's body to emit smoke from the temperatures. The attacks all occured at close range (less than a meter and with the dog basically point blank).
There's nothing contradicting the heat resistance here. At least for the skypiea bits. Those are the ones I'm remembering best so I'll check the rest after.

Sun surface is 5600°C
Oh, and lightning is 5x hotter. Gotcha. Wouldn't that make it 28K instead-
Also Zoro and Killer tanking Big Mom's lightning seems to be consistent. They were both mid-air and got hit by bolts nearly twice the size of their bodies.
Doflaminggo with Haki
Doffy didn't have Haki when he took DJ. He didn't even react to the heat of it, so Doflamingo without haki still scales to that for resistance.

Oh, and lightning is 5x hotter. Gotcha. Wouldn't that make it 28K instead-
Also Zoro and Killer tanking Big Mom's lightning seems to be consistent. They were both mid-air and got hit by bolts nearly twice the size of their bodies.

Doffy didn't have Haki when he took DJ. He didn't even react to the heat of it, so Doflamingo without haki still scales to that for resistance.
Oh thanks for the correction, I didn't check the chapter because I forgot which chapter, I just used my memory.

Actually I might have found something for Sanji's Ifrit temperature.

Sanji is able to ionize air to create lightning, which is stupid ******* hot. 174,408 K is the required Temperature for such a feat, which is 174134.85 Celsius.

Uhhhh.

And remember- he isn't immune to his heat.

1034-013.png

He actively endured it thanks to how tough his body got, so he scales to that temperature for supporting it at all.

Who would and who wouldn't scale to that?

Holy damn that's a nice upgrade.
Queen's body didn't get roasted to oblivion due to how durable it is (he even tanked previous DJ hits because of that toughness that sanji commented on), so-- Queen< King and everyone else in the scaling chain I'm assuming?

Queen's body didn't get roasted to oblivion due to how durable it is (he even tanked previous DJ hits because of that toughness that sanji commented on), so-- Queen< King and everyone else in the scaling chain I'm assuming?
No lmao

Yeah absolutely it's pretty cut clear and is from a trusted source.
We know that Sanji's Ifrit Jambe is producing Plasma right? Isn't plasma temprature just around 30k°C?
Lightning is also Plasma but when it ionizing the air its heat only reach 28k°C.
If Sanji's Ifrit Jambe is 178k° C, that would 6x Hotter than Lightning then.
Ifrit Jambe > Diable Jambe > Lightning temprature.
Aight, It's would be Consistent.

Back