• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1047: "The Sky Over The Capital" (Fan Translations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
57 km,hmm
kSTSVE2.png
28px = 42.1m (Height of Sunny's Mast)
103px = 155m (branch)
21px (background) = 155m (branch)
97px (background) = 715m (rock width)
9RH7rwf.png
32px = 715m
728px = 16266m
z1ABLyU.png
337px = 16266m (Island Width)
30px = 1448m (Horn Width)
269px = 12984m (Skull Width)
166px = 8012m (Horn length)

Lets wait for Chapter 1048.We will getting early spoilers,maybe even the full chapter

57 km,hmm
kSTSVE2.png
28px = 42.1m (Height of Sunny's Mast)
103px = 155m (branch)
21px (background) = 155m (branch)
97px (background) = 715m (rock width)
9RH7rwf.png
32px = 715m
728px = 16266m
z1ABLyU.png
337px = 16266m (Island Width)
30px = 1448m (Horn Width)
269px = 12984m (Skull Width)
166px = 8012m (Horn length)

Lets wait for Chapter 1048.We will getting early spoilers,maybe even the full chapter
I did this same method and it was declined faster than light

Think of how ridiculously tall that would make the interior of Kaido's castle
I mean, we've seen Luffy cover kilometers with gum gum rocket and his general rubber reach, yet he needed to climb up a few floors to be able to fling his body up to the roof hole. There's no doubt the roof/ceiling of that skull is ridiculously tall.
That and each floor is so huge that they comfortably fits the numbers in them- which are stated to be as big as Oars, so they're not far from 60 meters and still stand quiet a bit below the ceiling of the castle floors.

Man- I feel bad for wano's citizens. Them enjoying the night yet FULLY expecting/Accepting their next morning will be a nightmare fully puts it to perspective how long they've been living like this.

And now that the chapter's out-- He DEFINITELY didn't blow air into his arm.

Last edited:
Well with the lanterns all flying into the sky, Kaidou’s power about to drop Onigashima, Momo being forced to catch and move it, and Luffy saying he’s going to end it for good, and with the previous chapters claiming this fight is the finale

I think the next chapter will be the end of the fight

Well with the lanterns all flying into the sky, Kaidou’s power about to drop Onigashima, Momo being forced to catch and move it, and Luffy saying he’s going to end it for good, and with the previous chapters claiming this fight is the finale

I think the next chapter will be the end of the fight
The lanterns float and the dragon falls. I like the sound of that

I think the luffy feat will be fine if there is consistency behind it, or if he could only do it with that attack and it like oneshots kaido

I think the luffy feat will be fine if there is consistency behind it, or if he could only do it with that attack and it like oneshots kaido
Would be strange to say it's "only that attack" when Gear Five is a whole state, rather than it using extra technique application like G4 using G3's air inflation for KKG.
It's Luffy's body naturally reshaping itself, and it looks like the only reason he hasn't been doing anything that reckless is because everyone else is below.

Would be strange to say it's "only that attack" when Gear Five is a whole state, rather than it using extra technique application like G4 using G3's air inflation for KKG.
It's Luffy's body naturally reshaping itself, and it looks like the only reason he hasn't been doing anything that reckless is because everyone else is below.
that is very true.

Oda "When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."

Yep the raid is failing, be ready for the next few chapters. Morj doubters will be malding.

I agree we should wait 'till the next chapter to see whether Kaido sits there and takes it (even though he looks like he's NOT wanting to stay put) or if the attack just hits him to not use the lowball speed.

Ready yourself for "outlier" and "it feels not right" calls if it's the latter-
4lgrub.jpg

Oda "When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."

Yep the raid is failing, be ready for the next few chapters. Morj doubters will be malding.
Every punch Luffy has landed so far in Gear 5th has rubberized Kaidou, I think Luffy will permanently transform Kaidou into a rubber blob that can’t move or do anything

His final punch doesn’t need to just be an attack meant to do physical force

His final punch doesn’t need to just be an attack meant to do physical force
Luffy's regular size body does awaken a good few meters around him, right?

Maybe the punch being THAT massive makes it awaken the wano country since it'll hit the ground like the Shock Wille, but instead of doing damage to it it'd send it back down to regular sea level. We do know the country is THAT high up because of the massive mountains stretching upwards. All Luffy's gotta do is-- unstretch it/Shrink it again via awakening aoe

Here’s another theory, Luffy’s hand is currently engulfed in lightning, so maybe he’ll punch Kaido into the sea and act as a lightning rod shocking him while he’s underwater with a big beam of lightning

Yeah, 57 kilometers seems a bit much. Think of how ridiculously tall that would make the interior of Kaido's castle when we've had multiple shots of it showing that it is nowhere near that big.

The blog has a respectable method on it that I don't inherently disagree with, but as far consistency goes 57 km seems like a red flag.
The island is somehow huge and small at the same time. A lot of shots show it to be ginormous, a lot show it to be small.

All I know is that Kaidou is the size of a city in Wano and he can fit on a single floor of Onigashima

All I know is that Kaidou is the size of a city in Wano and he can fit on a single floor of Onigashima
Very comfortably, too. He fits in the live floor and there's a whole section down the stairs, THEN another downstairs leading outside.
uEuQ0bz.png

And from the looks of it, based on Momo, they're both comparable to if not bigger than the eye of the skull

2szUKlD.png

Onigashima's massive. That much is hard to deny

I don't think using Kaido dragon form to scale Onigashima is a good Idea. Kaido can bigger and smaller in the same chapter
Using Sunny Go is better in my Opinion, i've calculated Onigashima with Sunny go and the result still bigger than 25 KM , I used alot of step for scaling, unfortunatley I lost the calc.

Whatever happens next chapter, I just hope Luffy finally ends this fish

This fight been going on for too long and I'm sick of Kaidou wins, either have Luffy win now or end the series Oda

Two methods that are between 50 and 60 km-
I'm surprised there hasn't been an actual size calc approved/Added yet, considering Kaido and Big Mom's cloud split, as well as Luffy and Kaido's own could be effected by the island's size itself

To compliment this, there is one wisdom king left for Kaido to reference, “Acala the immovable”.

"One Piece is gonna end in 5 years"

It turns out he was referring that Wano is gonna end in 5 years, watch out for Kaidou's fruit awakening and Luffy's Gear 6 and Ultimate CoC (which still wouldn't be enough to beat Kaidou).
NGL the original fake 1047 leaks about Kaido awakening into a golden dragon form had me a little more hyped

Any thought? No?.
"One Piece is gonna end in 5 years"

It turns out he was referring that Wano is gonna end in 5 years, watch out for Kaidou's fruit awakening and Luffy's Gear 6 and Ultimate CoC (which still wouldn't be enough to beat Kaidou).
5 years can be mean 5 years in One Piece timeline.
Oda prank us again.

One night Battle is 1 year in real life so Oda need 3 thousand 6 hundreds and 50 years to finish the story'.

Thank you for helping out. Please ask for input in our calculation evaluation requests wiki management forum thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back