• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1047: "The Sky Over The Capital" (Fan Translations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a handful of manga regularly (mainly One Piece, Black Clover, Mashle, Kengan Omega and MHA) and the spoilers and early releases this week have been absolutely insane. Black Clover more than anything else

I think I know but why exactly??

Is it because of its inconsistent portrayal during the latter stages of the arc??
One: A horn was cut off of it by Zoro.
Two: Big Mom fell and took the bombs with her, and a bomb exploded on the island and took a chunk off.
Three: Some of the castle and island is getting hit in the midst of the battles.

Hmm. Multi-Continent level seems like a bit much for One Piece. KingTempest's recent Large Country level OP calculations seem more realistic.

Hmm. Multi-Continent level seems like a bit much for One Piece. KingTempest's recent Large Country level OP calculations seem more realistic.
We'll have to see how applicable those ones are, considering how much they diverge from the existing earthquake calcs.

It's doneso.
Won’t it fall under this
For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.
The minor damage been the after effect or damages caused to the surrounding after luffy’s punch

Won’t it fall under this

The minor damage been the after effect or damages caused to the surrounding after luffy’s punch
Depends on whether Kaido tanks the punch

This is the same argument as "Why doesn't every DBZ fight immediately cause planetary destruction?"

The Dragon Ball characters have explicit destructive feats of a universal scale or higher, and that is what we scale from. Scaling Luffy to Multi-Continent level if all he does is crush an island based on calc-stacking from his speed, for example, seems unreliable if no actual destructive feats in One Piece approach that scale.

The Dragon Ball characters have explicit destructive feats of a universal scale or higher, and that is what we scale from. Scaling Luffy to Multi-Continent level if all he does is crush an island based on calc-stacking from his speed, for example, seems unreliable if no actual destructive feats in One Piece approach that scale.
Not to mention if this punch connects with Kaido and Kaido somehow withstands it, we'll face consistency issues with Kaido being hurt by much weaker attacks than this Multi-Continental attack. But we should just wait either way and see how things play out.

Luffy isn't pumping air into his body. This is not Gear 3rd and 4th.

When Luffy did his Gum-Gum Balloon, he inflated himself with air and then released it afterwards. It seems possible that air-inflation is still at work to some degree with Gear 5 just without Luffy specifically pumping it into his muscles or bones.

When Luffy did his Gum-Gum Balloon, he inflated himself with air and then released it afterwards. It seems possible that air-inflation is still at work to some degree with Gear 5 just without Luffy specifically pumping it into his muscles or bones.
Gum Gum balloon is a move specifically stated and shown to require air regardless of the form Luffy is in. That is a technique solely based on manipulating air.

When Luffy flexes in 1044, he specifically just flexes. When he stretches his body to dodge the wind slice, he just yanks his body upwards.

Assuming it's based on air... when he doesn't use air, and we never see him use air for it is based on nothing at all. That's extremely speculative that since Luffy before used air for some of his techniques (and we see him use a bunch of air) which are unrelated to his Gear 5th, his Gear 5th uses it too.

We literally don't see him breathe in any air at all.

Assuming it's based on air... when he doesn't use air, and we never see him use air for it is based on nothing at all. That's extremely speculative that since Luffy before used air for some of his techniques (and we see him use a bunch of air) which are unrelated to his Gear 5th, his Gear 5th uses it too.
We literally don't see him breathe in any air at all.

I agree it's speculative which is why I'm not asserting it as the only end that makes sense. I just thought it was safe to include it as an additional end since prior precedent has been Luffy inflating himself with air as opposed to inflating himself with nothing.

Regardless, Therefir good job on the calc.

I have a recalc of Onigashima in the works using better pictures, so when the official drops and when I get the time, I'll blog it using the better official images

Gum Gum balloon is a move specifically stated and shown to require air regardless of the form Luffy is in. That is a technique solely based on manipulating air.
There's more evidence to Luffy not using air in G5 for even fusen. Every other instance of him using air for that technique shows him covering his mouth or unable to talk as far as I recall. In G5 he's laughing, talking and using a seperate technique altogether while in that form. The only time I recall him doing that is during Giant Jet Shell? Though even then I don't think he was able to talk (In jet shell he was talking with his teeth still clenched in the anime)

I do agree that "assuming" he's using air is BY FAR a bigger reach than not, considering Gear Five is the only form said to be able to do everything he wanted to do, without the limitations he had prior.

I thought Kabutowari hit 6-A as well

While I do agree that sudden multi-continent is SUDDEN, calling it "a bit much" is unfair. Naruto, Bleach and Fairy Tail leap from 6-B to high 6-A/5-C in a single arc and it wasn't that weird.
If there's feats for it, there's no reason to disagree based on just not feeling right about it. At least in my opinion-

It did, it was barely 1/3rd the result of this one
Still has "consistency" with the power escalation. If base CoC infusion-less WB is doing that with one of his weaker attacks, then hybrid Kaido should outscale. Same as G5 Luffy who's power is directly said to be "FAR GREATER" during awakening, and who scales to Hybrid Kaido prior to said far greater increase.

Thank you for helping out. If you do not receive any evaluations after requesting help in our standard thread for this purpose, you can ask me to request it as well.

But why Luffy Always goes up to the sky before he Transform his body/part into Giant. This thing Need explanation. I need some wild theory.

Yeah, 57 kilometers seems a bit much. Think of how ridiculously tall that would make the interior of Kaido's castle when we've had multiple shots of it showing that it is nowhere near that big.

The blog has a respectable method on it that I don't inherently disagree with, but as far consistency goes 57 km seems like a red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back