• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1042: "The Victor needs no epithet" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
My guess is that either Luffy gets outside help, awakens his devil fruit to keep on fighting, or stands back up and shows that he's definitively surpassed Oden.

Luffy change his Gear4 Snakeman to Boundman, is this mean Snakeman have no Effect to Kaido?
It also might be a way to show Luffy switching between speed blitzing and raw power on the spot, too. Snakeman disorients, and Boundman land the heavier hits. It'd be cool if he mastered G4 to the degree where he can switch between forms mid-combat like he does with base, G2 and G3 without wasting time.

This was a very unexpected development. I really hope that Luffy will get an at least semi-clean win here.

I'm guessing he hasn't used it up to now probably because he wants to feel the thrill of a close battle, the trading of blows, but since the hydra was basically cornering him and not letting him fight, that's when he decided to pull out FS so that he can leave the corner and go back to the proper battle.

Has he used it before and we just didn't associate with it?
During the red hawk instance there was implication that he avoided Luffy's attack via precog because "He knew it would hurt". You could say it was FS, but it could've been basic observation as well.
This at least goes with Rayleigh's implication of there being multiple that can use FS and not JUST KATAKURI.

If Luffy loses and we need to wait yet another year for Wano to end, I'm done reading OP until the arc ends.

This arc is amazing but it's worn out its welcome after 3.5 years.

Maybe a few of the strongest remaining fighters, such as Denjiro, Kawamatsu, Marco, and Yamato, will help Luffy take care of Kaido after Kaido massacres the CP0 leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back