• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1042: "The Victor needs no epithet" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the **** did I do that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said the gap between the KKG calc was 200x above what G4 was scaled, not that It was an actual multiplier, but it was obviously still a technique "far higher" than Luffy's other G4 abilities to the point it could One Shot his enemies. The word "multiplier" NEVER crossed my mind.
In the post I responded to obviously. You said "200x" and "x" is literally the symbol for multiplication.

Don't get so bent out of shape.

Also, the only enemy it was ever shown the one shot was somebody who was on his last legs already.

There's a faction like that?
It's more of a cult. Not really, but it's funny
I doubt this is over, though. Luffy was losing this fight either way- His awakening's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Whether he lost to Kaido naturally or lose because of CP0- Luffy's getting back up again.

Yes, ironically, the CP0 member may have bought Luffy more time, if his remaining allies make it to the roof in time to help out, in the manner I described earlier, so Luffy can awaken properly, as Kaido would likely have legitimately won within 30 to 60 seconds anyway, but will now become very depressed and take it out on the CP0 boss due to not receiving a clear victory.

Alternately, he saw the future, will stop the CP0 boss, and be hit by several sucker-punches from Luffy as he is doing so.

Or Oda the creative genius will have something better in mind.

The bigger issue with Luffy right now is less the KO and more the fact that he can't use haki for ten minutes- but we have seen him move without it as well and use his rubber abilities.
It'd be a PERFECT time for him to try pushing his fruit only against Kaido only to end up awakening it.
Alternately, he saw the future, will stop the CP0 boss, and be hit by several sucker-punches from Luffy as he is doing so.
Imagine the backlash if Luffy beats him with a sucker punch because he stopped the CP0 Boss. Lord--

Well, Kaido clearly has the advantage here. They are about even in speed and attack power, but Luffy has less durability and far less stamina. So it would fit with the theme of Law and Kidd beating Big Mom partially via dumb luck, and that Luffy and the others still have to grow in order to beat Blackbeard, Akainu, Kong, the 5 Elders, and Im.

So Kaido's "He's changing the trajectories at will ... Rubber shouldn't be able to do that" inner monologue pretty much cements the theory that Luffy's power isn't rubber, doesn't it?

So Kaido's "He's changing the trajectories at will ... Rubber shouldn't be able to do that" inner monologue pretty much cements the theory that Luffy's power isn't rubber, doesn't it?
Not necessarily. It might be a hint but it might just be Kaido trying to rationalize seeing a power in action for the first time that he's not familiar with.

Well, Kaido clearly has the advantage here. They are about even in speed and attack power, but Luffy has less durability and far less stamina. So it would fit with the theme of Law and Kidd beating Big Mom partially via dumb luck, and that Luffy and the others still have to grow in order to beat Blackbeard, Akainu, Kong, the 5 Elders, and Im.
Blackbeard is about the same as Luffy, AP and Speed, negligible durability and stamina. Fitting for his counterpart, so I don't think he needs to grow that much to beat him.

Not necessarily. It might be a hint but it might just be Kaido trying to rationalize seeing a power in action for the first time that he's not familiar with.
Yeah, but he is stating a fact, Rubber can't just bounce off nothing, so Luffy might be doing something else. Doesn't mean it's not a rubber fruit, yes, but it certainly is a notable statement, narratively speaking.

I feel like after seeing the 10-day fight with the admirals, Kaido's stamina isn't thaaat impressive.
We haven't seen that fight yet.

I feel like focusing too much on the number of days a fight takes place is a pit fall when we don't know what occurred in those ten days.

Kaido has fought the scabbards, the supernovas, Yamato, and then a fully rested Luffy, got banged up in all those fights, is lifting Onigashima while this is all happening, and is still out here having a good time, being a little funny guy, and seemingly still ready to keep on fighting. Heck Luffy, a man of incredible stamina as we've seen throughout the series, is more out of breath and exhausted than Kaido, and he had a full meal and rest while Kaido was wooping his son (Yamato) lol.

Time is important in stamina, but exertion I would say is a bit more important.

Last edited:

I feel like focusing too much on the number of days a fight takes place is a pit fall when we don't know what occurred in those ten days.

Kaido has fought the scabbards, the supernovas, Yamato, and then a fully rested Luffy, got banged up in all those fights, is lifting Onigashima while this is all happening, and is still out here having a good time, being a little funny guy, and seemingly still ready to keep on fighting. Heck Luffy, a man of incredible stamina as we've seen throughout the series, is more out of breath and exhausted than Kaido, and he had full meal and rest while Kaido was wooping his son lol.

Imagine Kaido fighting another Kaido for 10 days straight, and tell me that's not more impressive than what he accomplished now.

Kaido has fought the scabbards, the supernovas, Yamato, and then a fully rested Luffy, got banged up in all those fights, is lifting Onigashima while this is all happening, and is still out here having a good time, being a little funny guy, and seemingly still ready to keep on fighting. Heck Luffy, a man of incredible stamina as we've seen throughout the series, is more out of breath and exhausted than Kaido, and he had full meal and rest while Kaido was wooping his son lol.

I will say that Akainu and Aokiji are also stamina gods on their own right.

Imagine Kaido fighting another Kaido for 10 days straight, and tell me that's not more impressive than what he accomplished now.
is he lifting the island while he's fighting the other Kaido?

Yeah it is more impressive, but it also feels a little empty if we don't see any of it.

Every top tier in the verse is a stamina god.

Only reason why we don't see others pull out similar feats is because they stop before they even get super serious.

Heck a rookie Ace and Jinbe had 5 days worth of fighting
I guess that is true.

Kaido has more stamina than Luffy though.

Yeah, but he is stating a fact, Rubber can't just bounce off nothing, so Luffy might be doing something else. Doesn't mean it's not a rubber fruit, yes, but it certainly is a notable statement, narratively speaking.
Most likely it his Awakening, maybe he has the same power as Gentle from MHA.

He may subconsciously alter the environment around him to make it looks like rubber, in this case it could be the air itself.

Looks like Kaido isn't taking Luffy 100% seriously. He could see the future all the time and didn't do it beforehand. As much as, up until now, it's the fight where he's put the most effort, I feel like he is more powerful than what we are seeing. It didn't seem like the first Supreme Kong Gun had the same effect as the first Hourai Hakke; I doubt Luffy would defeat him even if he would hit him again, but right now, it would look bizarre if Luffy got up from that second hit.

Probably in the next chapter, Kaido goes on a rampage against CP0 or even against everyone. Which would lead Momo to request Zunesha to defeat him.

This chapter squashed my hopes for seeing a kaido awakening. Kaido as he is now is way too strong. If he got awakening on top of this, I dont see how luffy or anyone beats him. Kinda sad that we didnt see a single zoan awakening in all of onigashima.

If Luffy does go Gear 5th or obtains awakening, I feel like maybe that's when Kaido will finally pull out his own awakening, if he hasn't already.

yo guys this is crazy i read something that it might intoduce the Gear 5th, basically in this chapter in one of the panels there is a wound on Luffy face that in Kanji it explicetly says Gear Fifth in japanese

I actually don't think he'll get a new GEAR until after awakening. Luffy's gears were always done based on a new ability he gets:
G2,G3> Gomu (which he had his whole life)
G4's variants> Haki (Which he unlocked prior to that gear)
So it's very likely that first he'll awaken first, then create G5 based on the awakening.

I'm gonna die on this hill, but- Big Mom. She's still a threat for sure-
There's a high chance that she'll surpass Kaido and Luffy currently by using a crapload of her lifespan during Elbaf... IF Elbaf is an arc at all.
I'm sorry, I really believe Luffy can spread her cheeks (pause) with high difficulty.

I'm sorry, I really believe Luffy can spread her cheeks (pause) with high difficulty.
Right now? Yeah. But the way her power growth via lifespan adds to her size makes me feel like she'll just be flat out GIANT in Elbaf. To fit the arc of giants, firstly- and second, depending on how much stronger a year made her, multiple might flat out make her far stronger than current Kaido to pose a threat for an even stronger Luffy post-Wano. (Even stronger than he is now- not necessarily than Kaido overall)
But I can definitely see her still being a threat. The way she is now, she's even more versatile than Kaido and has hella potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back