• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1042: "The Victor needs no epithet" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaido's "Sexy" mode was both terrifying and funny at the same time lol. Is that how he attracted Yamato's mother?

So Kaido had Future Sight all this time (I'm now suspicious Big Mom might also have it too but the plot never lets her use it)? As overpowered as Kaido is right now, I really have no idea how he's going to be beaten now. And if Luffy's not going to stand right back from Kaido's attack, there's not that many fighters left who can stall him until Luffy recovers.

Oda gave the CP0 Boss a couple of really nice feats after he damaged their hype last week by having Izo take down Maha with him. Restrained Bound Man and dodged Kaido's attack before it hit Luffy. Might as well since Kaido killed the last person who interfered in his fight.

Last edited:
I'm seriously pissed at Oda for doing this.

1. Robbing Luffy of a win that would officially confirm him as a real yonko by confirming him as yonko-level.

2. Basically making it impossible for Kaido to now be beaten without plot armor since Luffy can't fight anymore.

3. Prolonging the arc by another year, which I'm starting to think is because he has no clue what he's going to do with the story once Wano's over.

THREE AND A HALF YEARS IS LONG ENOUGH!

Yo Charmander, you were right about Over Kong Gun!

I think.
Supreme Kong Gun sounds so much cooler.
Oda gave the CP0 Boss a couple of really nice feats after he damaged their hype last week by having Izo take down Maha with him. Restrained Bound Man and dodged Kaido's attack before it hit Luffy. Might as well since Kaido killed the last person who interfered in his fight.
I really disagree with that after reading the chapter. He didn't restrain Boundman, he held onto him, distracting Luffy, and then Kaido connected his attack.

Also, he didn't really dodge Kaido's attack, as Kaido hit Luffy who was in front of him. At best, he let go of Luffy before Kaido connected his attack

Supreme Kong Gun sounds so much cooler.

I really disagree with that after reading the chapter. He didn't restrain Boundman, he held onto him, distracting Luffy, and then Kaido connected his attack.

Also, he didn't really dodge Kaido's attack, as Kaido hit Luffy who was in front of him. At best, he let go of Luffy before Kaido connected his attack
To me it looked like he held Luffy in place by making himself heavy with Tekkai.

But I will agree with you about the dodging point after taking another look at the chapter.

The way I read the chapter, Luffy would have legitimately lost anyway, due to Kaido having a slight advantage, and running out of steam for Gear 4 within a few minutes at most.

However, Kaido feeling that he was robbed of a genuine victory once again, after finally finding a worthy opponent, should enrage him immensely, and take it out on the CP0 boss for a while.

I could see the remaining fighters on the Straw Hat side collectively try to make a last stand against Kaido though, while Marco heals Luffy, and Luffy could undergo awakening, as a final power-up, which is what the World Government likely fears. Basically, even Kaido likely wasn't anywhere near as powerful as Luffy back when he was just 18 years old, as Luffy is currently.

Zunesha could also potentially help to turn the tide while Luffy recovers a final time.

The way I read the chapter, Luffy would have legitimately lost anyway, due to Kaido having a slight advantage, and running out of steam for Gear 4 within a few minutes at most.

However, Kaido feeling that he was robbed of a genuine victory once again, after finally finding a worthy opponent, should enrage him immensely, and take it out on the CP0 boss for a while.

I could see the remaining fighters on the Straw Hat side collectively try to make a last stand against Kaido though, while Marco heals Luffy, and Luffy could undergo awakening, as a final power-up, which is what the World Government likely fears. Basically, even Kaido likely wasn't anywhere near as powerful as Luffy back when he was just 18 years old, as Luffy is currently.

Zunesha could also potentially help to turn the tide while Luffy recovers a final time.
True, Luffy did admit he was running on fumes even before that CP0 bastard ruined everything.

The idea that Luffy's actually a Zoan is reinforced VERY loosely here-
Kaido saying "RUBBER shouldn't be able to do this." Then he, a ZOAN proceeds to replicate Snakeman's trajectory change- Sus.

Also Supreme Kong Gun is just a greater King Kong Gun from the looks of it? It definitely isn't as small as the regular Kong Gun.

King Kong Gun with Conqueror's Haki imbued.
And for the first time it was tanked. Kaido's Homocidal Drunk mode straight up blitzed Luffy too- At this point I'm almost confident that Kaido has awakening in store if he's still showing tricks this late into the fight.

Or just the Haoshoku boost not applying for the multipliers of his abilities and all the forms being used with Haoshoku not being a ridiculous amp
I mean, yeah. Even if we say Luffy's physical strength quadrupled in the time this battle took place, adding a 1 Teraton punch along with a 62 Teratons Haoshoku Coating wouldn't do much.

Or, you know- he's fighting Kaido who even to this point is still not going all out because of the amount of tricks he's still showing.
On the context that the gap applies, this excuse wouldn't work because the KKG is a 200x gap. But it does not apply because of Haoshoku.

On the context that the gap applies, this excuse wouldn't work because the KKG is a 200x gap. But it does not apply because of Haoshoku.
Sheesh- the gap was that big? That G3 backscaling is slowly starting to make sense

There's not a lot to reationalize about it tbh- Luffy resorting to stronger/bigger attacks and applying Haoshoku means he knows they'll do more, so saying KKG+Haoshoku is literally not any different from his base attacks is absurd. (Even though it prompted Kaido to resort to another form and an even STRONGER version of thunder bagua to return the favor)
The only way this could make sense is if Supreme Kong gun isn't KING KONG GUN, but a Hao Kong Gun, just like how Hydra is a Hao new version of Snakeman's Culverin. That's the only way it could make sense.. Outside of, y'know- calling it an outlier.
He's not showing blowing air into his arm after all, like he does with KKG.

Don't try to backwards scale ratings into making multipliers. The KKG is not a canonical 200x multiplier.

If a character gets a 5 Megaton calc with a punch, and a 500 Megaton calc for a different feat where they used Haki, we can't just slap a 100 x Haki multiplier on everyone, for example. Same thing applies for when Luffy has a scaling feat using one technique and a scaling feat for another technique.

Also

That... doesn't look like a King Kong Gun

Those are much bigger

Edit: I was looking at the one after. That move is ginormous

Also

That... doesn't look like a King Kong Gun

Those are much bigger

Edit: I was looking at the one after. That move is ginormous
KKG Also takes a few seconds to activate based on the fact that he had to fly away from Doffy before starting it.
After he gets hit with Roarinng Thunder Bagua, he gets right back up and his arm is instantly bigger for that attack. Again without blowing air into it-

I agree that it's not KKG.

The first move that he ran into the air to charge is a King Kong Gun

The 2nd one looks like a regular Kong Gun

The first move that he ran into the air to charge is a King Kong Gun

The 2nd one looks like a regular Kong Gun
It's the same move though. He started saying "Supreme" as he was grabbed.

Also, it's way, way bigger than what a Kong Gun looks like. Look at the size of this hand.

Oda is probably just skipping over scenes of Luffy blowing in air.

Or it's the same case with G3 where he doesn't need to blow air into his arm anymore to inflate it.

The chapter's full of art inconsistency- in the beginning of it he's in the middle of Hydra yet his body's drawn like Boundman. Not long after KKG's value increases Oda yeets an anti-feat out

It's the same move though. He started saying "Supreme" as he was grabbed.

Also, it's way, way bigger than what a Kong Gun looks like. Look at the size of this hand.
Screen_Shot_2022-03-04_at_2.46.23_PM.png

Second one
Screen_Shot_2022-03-04_at_2.46.36_PM.png

Third one
Screen_Shot_2022-03-04_at_2.46.57_PM.png

Maybe he doesn't need to blow in the air to do it anymore

Don't try to backwards scale ratings into making multipliers. The KKG is not a canonical 200x multiplier.
When the **** did I do that? Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said the gap between the KKG calc was 200x above what G4 was scaled, not that It was an actual multiplier, but it was obviously still a technique "far higher" than Luffy's other G4 abilities to the point it could One Shot his enemies. The word "multiplier" NEVER crossed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back