• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The old one seemed very dead, so here's a new one from scratch!

55c71e8915bea1cda0a7a695c497f31b.jpg

E6A5jyEXEAM7t9w.jpeg

Last edited:
Question for those in here.

Do you guys know when Brook's swordsmanship type is elaborated?

I'm looking for statements of Gentle Blade (柔剣 Jūken), users are Mihawk and Tashigi, but the OP wiki has users who fight with speed (Brook, Kaku, etc) as Gentle Blade users.

Any statements of swordsmanship being described as "gentle"or "soft" or something would help a lot.

I doubt Brook is a Goken type fighter, it seems kinda odd to have him having the same style as Mihawk.
Goken is just a destructive type of fighter. That's common. Mihawk's just the most skilled w/ it.

Mihawk is 50% Goken and 50% Juken. Tashigi has the same style as him (Juken), extra graceful and gentle.

Zoro, Ryuma, and Kin'emon all have the same style as Mihawk (Goken), just not as skilled as Mihawk.

Just to inform those who don't know the difference.

Goken
0049-013.png

Juken
0050-015.png

I honestly wanna learn about Goken and Juken and where they were referenced. I'm not casting doubt, just honestly wanna learn.

Btw, due to the last 3 or so chapters, i want to say i really disagree with Mihawk scaling above Shanks IF he does not have Haoshoku, both the shadows behind Luffy around chapter 1000 and Big Mom using Haoshoku Enhancement this chapter (at least it seems to be it), basically everything says "Shanks can use it", Mihawk obviously defeats anyone if we are counting only swordplay, but his haki so far does not seem to be on-par with the other top tiers.

Btw, due to the last 3 or so chapters, i want to say i really disagree with Mihawk scaling above Shanks IF he does not have Haoshoku, both the shadows behind Luffy around chapter 1000 and Big Mom using Haoshoku Enhancement this chapter (at least it seems to be it), basically everything says "Shanks can use it", Mihawk obviously defeats anyone if we are counting only swordplay, but his haki so far does not seem to be on-par with the other top tiers.
Garp = Roger with no Haoshoku

Even then we accept that he is > Shanks, even tho that should only apply to skill and not AP.
Literally what are you even taking about? This is completely and total head Canon on your end, and to be honest this ain't the first baseless head canon I've seen coming from you in particular.

Quite frankly I don't really give a shit about what you think, we have multiple statements that Mihawk = Shanks, they are both equals and nowhere is it stated nor implied that Mihawk is only capable of keeping up via skill as you seem to be consistently insinuating. If you don't have outright statements of Mihawk only being able to match Shanks via skill then I really don't even want to see any arguments coming from you.

Quite frankly I don't really give a shit about what you think, we have multiple statements that Mihawk = Shanks, they are both equals and nowhere is it stated nor implied that Mihawk is only capable of keeping up via skill as you seem to be consistently insinuating
Lol what? Where i said that? We treat Mihawk as having higher AP due to statements about "being the strongest swordsman in name and actuality" or something like that, and that's what i disagree with, IMO they are equals in AP (physically), while Shanks has the best haki and Mihawk is the more skilled, where did i say "Mihawk can only keep up due to being skilled"?

Lol what? Where i said that? We treat Mihawk as having higher AP due to statements about "being the strongest swordsman in name and actuality" or something like that, and that's what i disagree with, IMO they are equals in AP (physically), while Shanks has the best haki and Mihawk is the more skilled, where did i say "Mihawk can only keep up due to being skilled"?
Even then we accept that he is > Shanks, even tho that should only apply to skill and not AP.
You were saying?

You were saying?
"Even then we accept that he is > Shanks, even tho that should only apply to skill and not AP."

Oh, got it, i didn't mean "Mihawk can only keep up due to skill" i meant "Mihawk > Shanks in skill, but that isn't related to their AP which is how we currently treat it", as i said before, IMO they are equals in AP, but one has the edge in Haki while the other is more skilled

LordGin, relax.

@XDragnoir, it does not say “he is the most skilled swordsman” or “the best swordsman”, it says “the strongest swordsman”.

Mihawk is a pure AP fighter. He has no DF hax or Haoshoku cheats or Haki internal damagers, he is purely AP.

How do you guys feel about Busoshoku/Haoshoku having lightning manip?

0716-018.png

The "Zap" sfx effects show that it's actual lightning.

0719-009.png
0719-015.png

Consistent lightning w/ the clashes.

Yeah no, the lightning has no effects and seems purely drawn to impress the readers visually.

Should we give gear 4 Luffy Steam manipulation? Ofc not, right?

Yeah no, the lightning has no effects and seems purely drawn to impress the readers visually.

Should we give gear 4 Luffy Steam manipulation? Ofc not, right?

I do think that the lightning effects are pretty much just visual effects for now, until we're shown them having an effect on anything.

i want to say i really disagree with Mihawk scaling above Shanks IF he does not have Haoshoku
Zoro has Haoshoku and seemingly uses it to enhance his AP with it, yet he's still a Swordsman and will still use it in fights against other swordsman (Kaku). The reveal of shanks having an ability that Mihawk seemingly doesn't have does not suddenly means that every statement is wrong, all it means is (assuming Mihawk doesn't have it) is that Mihawk is still above shanks despite Haoshoku.

Back