• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: "Possible" LS Reactions for God Tiers + Night Guy Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
"irrefutable argumentation."

Ok dude, stop with your fanfics. Every single thread you begins with disgusting behavior and speaks things as if he had an authority on the subject. This is over, you failed to refute TFO's arguments but your arrogance prevents you admit it. It's not hard to notice that you have a bias against Naruto, you deny this is the same as pretending that your disgusting behavior does not exist

I'm honestly just laughing by the mere fact that people r disagreeing with real scientists like they know better then them lol.

He just claims his points as "irrefutable" and non has proven him wrong as if he is the decider on those things lol.

@M3X

Non-falsifiable claims are, demonstrably, irrefutably null and void in argumentation. I don't see a problem with claiming that to be true, much the same as someone claiming 2+2=4 would do the same.

This is derailing the entire thread to simply assault me, however, and is severely unappreciated.

Xulrev said:
@M3X

Non-falsifiable claims are, demonstrably, irrefutably null and void in argumentation. I don't see a problem with claiming that to be true, much the same as someone claiming 2+2=4 would do the same.

This is derailing the entire thread to simply assault me, however, and is severely unappreciated.
Mhm keep believing that.

This is assault? Next level victimhood. Also I thought you said you were not here to feel appreciated.

Xulrev said:
Sidenote since I gather that my pointing out that non-falsifiable claims being accepted might have been a bit too underappreciated:
If I were to claim 'You cannot prove Madara didn't turn into Zeus from Mythology offscreen to fight Might Guy with the Eight Gates Released' as a possibility for how Madara survived the few chapters he did off-screen, would anyone here meaningfully engage that as 'possible'?

No. It's ridiculous. But neither can anyone give proof that it DIDN'T occur. It's why non-falsifiable claims are inadmissable in debate.

Hopefully that assists in clearing up why the argumentation TheFinalOrder puts forth is bunk from a fundamental point.
Resorting to extreme exaggeration? Seriously? Childish much?

BlackeJan said:
I'm honestly just laughing by the mere fact that people r disagreeing with real scientists like they know better then them lol.
That's an appeal to authority

You're saying that since they are scientists and we are not we are automatically wrong for saying something that is dissimilar to what you are putting out.

Even though science still doesn't support your points but thats another problem

You're saying that since they are scientists and we are not we are automatically wrong for saying something that is dissimilar to what you are putting out.

Actually it does. And an appeal to authority certainly works when it is battle boarders Vs scientists.

The person has studied hie entire life on physics/astronomy, made researchs with data and evidence to come random someone and deny all this with "Appeal to Authority"

The use of the fallacy have a limit

@Everyone

Just ignore xulrev. Points have been made, scans posted, arguments made and refuted. From here on, whoever reads the thread will be able to decide.

"He's" begining to shift his goal points as everything he's said since steping in this thread has been steadily debunked, which is....ironic to say the least considering what he's accusing me of, but whatever. Just ignore it.

Exactly my point lol. How u gonna disagree with scientist that went to find this stuff? of course yur goin to be wrong when I don't even have a 10% grasp on what they know and discaoveres so yes u would be wrong and it would be laughable to someone who disagrees on scientists that know ALOT MORE then u do

He essentially wants people to get annoyed so he can do the whole 'gotcha you can't debunk me clearly this thread meeds to be closed" like he just attempted in my sekizo thread.

Xulrev said:
@TheFinalOrder
Nothing I've asserted in my analogies is personal belief. Simply, they're just arguing perspective tools.

The fact that you need to rely on calling me ignorant and are dropping any pretense of civility when met with argumentation you can't simply debunk is amusing, but the ad hominem is not appreciated.

You actually don't put forth a simple counter to anything I state in my comment and are putting forth the notion of 'Well you're simply wrong because I say so and do so with insults'.

I'm a bit surprised to see such behavior. But I do implore you to report me since I've committed no infractions and paid no insult to your person; rather, the opposite is true, and you're derailing your own thread with petty insults when met with irrefutable argumentation.
Ok...people can actually read and comprehend you know. I'm not stupid and neither is anyone else, your "holier than thou" act is what is amusing and might as well be John Cena as we can see right through it, sure, believe what you will.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I don't think you all should try and assume a motive here...
I would not if he did not just pull that crap in my thread. And then try to do exactly the same thing again. If that is his debating style then he can do something about it because frankly it is annoying as ****.

It's an interesting tactic you're all taking when I've been re-asserting my exact same points, yet when it's convenient, attempts are being made at simply attempting to ignore the damning argumentation since it's simpler than actually engaging.

I bring up non-falsifiable claims being inadmissable, and suddenly the entire thread derails to overcorrect for an inability to engage that point.

It's amazing how the threat of reporting never came to fruition, side note.

@Sekkonds

If you haven't noticed, language went out the window when proper etiquette was dropped in the face of frustrating argumentation; the repeated ad hominem and bandwagon insults are a bit concerning.

Xulrev said:
@Sekkonds

If you haven't noticed, language went out the window when proper etiquette was dropped in the face of frustrating argumentation; the repeated ad hominem and bandwagon insults are a bit concerning.
So is that lack of common sense but hey keep saying the same thing

M11UTD said:
Why is everyone being hostile towards Xulrev? his argument does makes sense.
Not in the slightest. He basically saying the same thing @Donttalk said then claims that he's debunking everyone. It's quite funny when u think that u can disagree with a scientist that knows ALOT more then u do

Taken Straight from The wiki's AP post, which has Additional Terms that're used for Speed As well:

*"Possibly - Should be used to list a hypothetical statistic for a character, but inconclusive due to lack of feats or viable power-scaling. Probability of said hypothetical statistic should also be indeterminate"

As the possibility exists and DT chose not to disregard the posibility when asked, Xulrev's argument can be disregarded. Simple. Will not address this again.

Stop the hostilities, please. It does no good to anyone (especially those who lose their composure) and I am proof of that!
Come out, take a breath, leave the thread for a while.

Particularly ... I believe that a "Possible" would be of good size, but others believe that not. It's part of the process! Let others give their opinions.

@TheFinalOrder

The issue is where you fail to grasp how a non-falsifiable claim being utilized for a 'Possibly' rating makes your idea fail apart.

For the exact same, unmitigated rationale you put forth Madara is Possibly lightspeed, I can put forth Madara is Possibly Zeus himself from Mythology. You cannot debunk that since it occurred offscreen when he fought Might Guy, of course. So it should be added, obviously, if yours is to be added.

Hopefully this helps you see how nonsensical the assertion is.

Sekkonds. said:
it's possiple that naruto tanked light fang,danced around it and then dodged it,hey it's a new naruto upgrade every one
Nice strawman you got there truly puts your point across.

Sekkonds. said:
it's possiple that naruto tanked light fang,danced around it and then dodged it,hey it's a new naruto upgrade every one
Tanked? No, my fanfic states he ate LF

Xulrev said:
@BlackeJan

I appreciate the brevity and introspection, but I wouldn't actually accuse you and your side of that openly, sorry.
Naw. U disagreeing with a scientist that knows more then u, sorry

@BlackeJan

I really don't accept Appeals to Authority in general, similar to how others ought not do.

So hiding behind one doesn't do much to fortify your claims.

As TFO's arguments were not debunked, can we start the powerscaling now? Move on is the best option instead of going back on points that was already debunked, which would only generate more unnecessary discussion.

Xulrev said:
@BlackeJan

I really don't accept Appeals to Authority in general, similar to how others ought not do.

So hiding behind one doesn't do much to fortify your claims.
R u saying I'm doing such thing? cause I'm not and I'm sayig the truth when u don't know much about the topic that a scientist who knows more about then u. That's like saying that yur teacher is wrong cause she tells u 2+2=4 yet u think the answer is 5 and u just started learning on how to count

At this point, I think the God Tiers can scale to this, of course. And add an "Possibly" as TFO pointed above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back