• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She overpowered him near the end after she grabbed the gauntlet(and probably siphoned of some of it’s power) other then that in the fight he tanked her blows and only punched her with the power stone. um no she didn’t, he tanked her blasts and bulrush and was quickly overpowering her with his damaged arm

(0:50)

Nah he definitely was harmed by her blows and was staggered, she doesn't really have any anti-feats to her current ratings

I’m talking about her constantly not Portrayed as above thanos lvl(and even getting straight up over powered by him) and probably absorbing energy from the gauntlet
Really? This shit again?

Gauntlet siphoning is headcanon. Carol traded a few blows with thanos before getting grabbed and tossed to the side (because of an obvious weight difference), and then came back overpowering him to the point where he was forced to opt for a power stone blast to get her off of him. Carol at no point was shown to be harmed by Thanos outside of the power stone blast.

Really? This shit again?

Gauntlet siphoning is headcanon. Carol traded a few blows with thanos before getting grabbed and tossed to the side (because of an obvious weight difference), and then came back overpowering him to the point where he was forced to opt for a power stone blast to get her off of him. Carol at no point was shown to be harmed by Thanos outside of the power stone blast.
If she was stronger then him by that much the whole time she would have rag dolled him from the beginning. Thanos never. He literally never hit her outside of the heatbutt(which she probably siphoned the energy by that point) and the power stone punch. Despite this being headcannon it’s kinda the only thing that actually explains this interaction because outside of that fight she isn’t shown to be above him constantly

If she was stronger then him by that much the whole time she would have rag dolled him from the beginning. Thanos never. He literally never hit her outside of the heatbutt(which she probably siphoned the energy by that point) and the power stone punch. Despite this being headcannon it’s kinda the only thing that actually explains this interaction because outside of that fight she isn’t shown to be above him constantly
This is straight silly. You don't need to ragdoll someone to scale to them. They've had 2 direct interactions with each other. 1 being the ambush in which the plan was to have everyone take measures to restrain him out of caution, and the other in which Carol traded blows, tanked hits, and blatantly overpowered Thanos. We do not need to use headcanon here to prove anything.

I'm so ******* tired of this Carol argument man. Its been brought up soooooooooooooooooooooo many times all with the same arguments. This is now the 4th time its been brought up in the last 2 and a half months.

This is straight silly. You don't need to ragdoll someone to scale to them. They've had 2 direct interactions with each other. 1 being the ambush in which the plan was to have everyone take measures to restrain him out of caution, and the other in which Carol traded blows, tanked hits, and blatantly overpowered Thanos. We do not need to use headcanon here to prove anything.
Literally this
I'm so ******* tired of this Carol argument man. Its been brought up soooooooooooooooooooooo many times all with the same arguments. This is now the 4th time its been brought up in the last 2 and a half months.
And yeah when it was just brought up I immediately started thinking of those old CRT's of people trying to argue this weird downgrade

Ok then it should just be an outlier then like spider man catching culls hammers
Yeah that literally doesn't make sense that's literally her only showings captain marvel fighting Thanos isn't an outlier especially seeing as in lore she's considered to be someone who can take him out and in actual irl

-> Showings explicitly displaying Carol above or equal to Thanos
-> Carol easily tanking blows from Thanos without flinching
-> Multiple WoG statements claiming her to be stronger than Thanos (iirc, or something along those lines)
-> In universe statements claiming her capable of defeating Thanos

"Carol scaling to thanos is a massive inconsistency"

okay lmao.

We literally have WoG supporting everything she's done in interviews and specific showings and mentions of such in universe there's literally no contradictions

Literally how? Carol has been always been shown to be around or just straight up above Thanos' level.
No she literally hasn’t, she goes from just punching and blasting him in the face and chin sack just staggering around a couple times to her straight up no selling his headbutt and completely over powering which is a massive jump in power. Hell in there first actually interaction the titan was straight up overpowering her while wounded

No she literally hasn’t, she goes from just punching and blasting him in the face and chin sack just staggering around a couple times to her straight up no selling his headbutt and completely over powering which is a massive jump in power. Hell in there first actually interaction the titan was straight up overpowering her while wounded
Wanda goes from having her blasts blocked by Thanos and being slightly overpowered by his sword to breaking his sword with a single attack and then TKing him to the point of nearly killing him. What a massive jump in power! Downgrade Wanda now and make her "6-C with anger"!

We literally have WoG supporting everything she's done in interviews and specific showings and mentions of such in universe there's literally no contradictions
Feats >statements, I’ve already shown the inconsistency’s
Wanda goes from having her blasts blocked by Thanos and being slightly overpowered by his sword to breaking his sword with a single attack and then TKing him to the point of nearly killing him. What a massive jump in power! Downgrade Wanda now and make her "6-C with anger"!
Meh, Wanda’s powers grow and change with time and depending on how strong her emotions are. Not the same thing

You do not have to start out immediately overpowering someone to scale above them. There are many fights in fiction where the fight starts off seemingly even and then ends with one side overpowering the other. Prove Carol used energy absorption outside of "its the only logical explanation"

Your only 'inconsistency' that you've 'shown' is that she was staggering him and then began overpowering him and tanked a headbutt which isn't really an inconsistency.

You do not have to start out immediately overpowering someone to scale above them. There are many fights in fiction where the fight starts off seemingly even and then ends with one side overpowering the other. Prove Carol used energy absorption outside of "its the only logical explanation"

Your only 'inconsistency' that you've 'shown' is that she was staggering him and then began overpowering him and tanked a headbutt which isn't really an inconsistency.
True but that generally happens when both characters are atleast relative in might and then the somewhat stronger person gradually starts winning. Carol atleast went from beginning somewhat comparable(arguably) to thanos to no-selling his blows and completely overpowering him in a couple of seconds

it kinda is considering if we’re supposed to just go with the fact that she overpowered thanos the way that she did she should have layer his ass out in the first couple of hits. Plus there’s also the fact he flat out was overpowering her at the beginning of endgame as well

(1:02)

How was Thanos overpowering her at all here? Her goal was to get him in a neck hold (which she did successfully and with no problems) and she simply kicked out her leg to stop him from closing his fist which Thanos managed to resist a little bit before hulkbuster came in. Did we watch the same movie?

I'm tired. I have zero interest in entertaining this headcanon argument anymore. This is the 4th time this has been brought up with the same arguments. I'm done here. Make a CRT and have this argument unaccepted officially for the 4th time.

How was Thanos overpowering her at all here? Her goal was to get him in a neck hold (which she did successfully and with no problems) and she simply kicked out her leg to stop him from closing his fist which Thanos managed to resist a little bit before hulkbuster came in. Did we watch the same movie?
By pushing her leg away. And from probably using his hand to throw her of. His clearly overpowering her leg. Pretty much

I'm tired. I have zero interest in entertaining this headcanon argument anymore. This is the 4th time this has been brought up with the same arguments. I'm done here. Make a CRT and have this argument unaccepted officially for the 4th time.
This isn’t even manly about headcannon this is just a straight up outlier but whatever I’m done to

By pushing her leg away. And from probably using his hand to throw her of. His clearly overpowering her leg. Pretty much
Resisting isn't overpowering. She had her leg extended out fully to prevent him from closing his fist. He managed to make her lend bend a little bit before Hulkbuster came in. It's beyond me how you managed to somehow twist this scene into Carol being overpowered.

Overpowering and tanking is mostly LS and Dura anyways. The argument of there being an outlier seems incredibly thin to me.

Resisting isn't overpowering. She had her leg extended out fully to prevent him from closing his fist. He managed to make her lend bend a little bit before Hulkbuster came in. It's beyond me how you managed to somehow twist this scene into Carol being overpowered.

Overpowering and tanking is mostly LS and Dura anyways. The argument of there being an outlier seems incredibly thin to me.
Considering he was doing quick he was doing it I would consider it more then just resisting. Yes and to stop him from grabbing her and throwing her off

already pointed how she should have beat him down immediately if she was actually that strong constantly so I’d say it’s more then just LS and dura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back