• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intereseting
Going by the wiki we actually have an whole race

We can scale What If feats to the rest of the MCU right?
Yes if the characters are no different from their mainline counterparts such as the good doctor strange in episode 4 his only difference was christine dying other than that he was the exact same(same training and story events etc.

Ok so.

Hulk can scale to Wanda right?
Kinda looks that way but I'm also starting to question the physicality of these characters such as maw and Wanda they've taken physical hits and exchanged blows from people who would normally one shot them with the way we have them rated

Just finished watching Episode 5 of "What If...?" This probably rivals last weeks episode in terms of tonal darkness. Also, Hudson Thames voiced Spider-Man, not Josh Keaton. I have no idea where that rumor came from.

As for feats/scaling:

There aren't really any notable profiles to add, as all the characters are essentially their Infinity War era selves, that have no real differences from their main universe counterparts, other than of course the infectious traits of the zombies, but most of those (as individuals) get very limited screentime anyways.

The Mind Stone has the capabilities to cure the quantum based zombie virus.
Vision can tear the Mind Stone from his forehead. This is consistent with White Vision attempting to tear out Westview Vision's stone.
Wasp can grow giant (No real AP feats, but is presumably comparable to some key of Giant-Man, though I'm not sure which one) and can stop the Quinjet midflight as a zombie.
Bucky can cut zombie Captain America in half by throwing his shield at him.
Hulk can fight zombie Scarlet Witch.
Ebony Maw took a repulsor blast to the head from zombie Iron Man, but that's almost certainly an outlier.
Not related to any feats, but I'm pretty sure that was the first direct mention of Uncle Ben in the MCU. Hopefully No Way Home continues this trend.
Also, that was essentially WandaVision with the roles reversed in a way.

Last edited:
Not Like i agree with base thanos = iw hulk but
Why in the profile it says hulk is stated equal to base thanos yet hulk is only large Mountain+?
I also dussagree with iw Steve scaling but not gonna revise it yet
I though that was removed? It's why he got downgraded

So my review for the new what if episode.

It was fine, I usually don't like zombie media, and I may be biased in this case, but surprisingly, it was an alright experience, some neat stuff introduced, some of the plot twist were neat. As for how Thanos became a zombie and stuff. I'd say the event of it are similar to infinity war, except Thanos comes to Earth and gets infected, the Titan battle never happens. And Thor and the GOTG are still in space, which is why they don't appear. So they aren't infected.

I mainly don't like zombie movies as they can feel disrespectful for some reason, like seeing Stark in such a state kinda hurt ngl. At least T'Challa survives, so that's neat

Also it seems like the zombies are somewhat intelligent, like they don't seem to have the same degree as intelligence as their alive selves but they do know how to use tactics and their own past abilities, and zombie Thanos seems to be aware of how to use the infinity gauntlet.

Tho, overall, I don't think anything here warrants a profile. Tbh, I kinda thought Spider Man would learn magic because of the images with him and the cape and stuff. Ah well.

Also it seems like the zombies are somewhat intelligent, like they don't seem to have the same degree as intelligence as their alive selves but they do know how to use tactics and their own past abilities, and zombie Thanos seems to be aware of how to use the infinity gauntlet.

yeah, exactly what i thought, Wanda seemed to have the highest degree of intelligence as her magic upgraded her intelligence somehow, cause she could feel love or definitely feel emotions
Tho, overall, I don't think anything here warrants a profile. Tbh, I kinda thought Spider Man would learn magic because of the images with him and the cape and stuff. Ah well.

yeah Seems like all the stories are gon connect somehow so we might see this same spiderman again and just maybe as a proper Supreme Spider this time

The part where she flips Vision's corpse only to see him dead feels kinda sad ngl.

I also wonder where are the AIs like Friday. Wouldn't she have attempted at stopping the virus like Jarvis tried to block Ultron from nuclear codes?

The part where she flips Vision's corpse only to see him dead feels kinda sad ngl.

I also wonder where are the AIs like Friday. Wouldn't she have attempted at stopping the virus like Jarvis tried to block Ultron from nuclear codes?
not sure what i was feeling but if at all i only felt bad for poor Vision, but it's weird enough the mind stone gave vision emotions now seeing a zombie witch and a synthezoid expressing emotions just feels uhm weird in a sad /empty way, dont knw how to describe it.

Zombie Thanos scared the life out of me.

They kinda cut the episode short, but Wakanda would've either cured everyone, including Thanos leaving only Spidey, Captain Marvel, Thor, Scott's head, probably the guardians, T'challa, Shuri, and other Wakandan figures (maybe Hulk and Wanda too, depending on how the SHIELD base fight went) left to fight Thanos and undo the snap.

OR they fail to cure everyone, potentially because of Thanos invading in time, leaving a full IG zombie to do whatever the hell they want, which no one knows what exactly that would be.

Just finished watching ep 5 and I gotta say it was pretty good, though I was hoping for more depressioning stuff but got more comedy then I’d like plus Bucky was kinda alluding to something when he killed zombie falcon but it never paid off to anything. But my boy hulk got some love so that’s always a win and vision got some nice mind beam feats to

Plus isn't Wanda's powers dependent on like her emotional state? Her grief is what made her increase so much in power during IW and WandaVision. I wouldn't expect here to be as strong when she's kinda... braindead
She did got the emotional boost from seeing Vision corpse toward the end though, so I think she was in her EG power level on this episode

Plus isn't Wanda's powers dependent on like her emotional state? Her grief is what made her increase so much in power during IW and WandaVision. I wouldn't expect here to be as strong when she's kinda... braindead
I’m not so sure of that,the zombies seemed pretty intelligent, from being able to use high tech(tony,Hank, happy and Sam) to using skill(cap and Hawkeye) and even magic(strange and wong) plus she did seem pretty sad when she saw his corpse and kinda ignored bucky for a bit

Would the characters that get zombified get an key that gives them type immortallity 8 and whatever tf is being able to zombifie other or nah

I’m not so sure of that,the zombies seemed pretty intelligent, from being able to use high tech(tony,Hank, happy and Sam) to using skill(cap and Hawkeye) and even magic(strange and wong) plus she did seem pretty sad when she saw his corpse and kinda ignored bucky for a bit
Eh, they don't seem too share the same extent of intellect as their main counterparts, plus I don't think Zombie Wanda would have as much emotional intelligence

Eh, they don't seem too share the same extent of intellect as their main counterparts, plus I don't think Zombie Wanda would have as much emotional intelligence
Probably not but there definitely not stupid like regular zombies, she seems to have pretty decent lvl of emotional inelligence hence her little mourning of vision’s death and straight up throwing Bucky away(food) to go straight for the people she thinks did the deed

Tbh, a lot of things in the episode kinda felt PIS. Thanos should not got infected at all considering no one on earth can even scratch him. How regular ass citizens managed to break through the Model 50 is questionable. And how Hulk seems to get resistance to the bites is never explained. I guess Hulk's physiology just so happens to resist it.

And why did the Avengers just go there without some sorta antidote to cure shit? It just seems so... out of character

Last edited:
Tbh, a lot of things in the episode kinda felt PIS. Thanos should not got infected at all considering no one on earth can even scratch him. How regular ass citizens managed to break through the Model 50 is questionable. And how Hulk seems to get resistance to the bites is never explained. I guess Hulk's physiology just so happens to resist it.

And why did the Avengers just go there without some sorta antidote to cure shit? It just seems so... out of character
I kinda just assumed that Hank bit tony when his guard was done, as for thanos I’m not sure maybe Hank got inside him or something. As for hulk it’s just that his skin is to tough for the zombies to bite through plus gamma blood so there’s that to

Idk maybe they were trying to stop the zombies advancing to a bigger populated area

I kinda just assumed that Hank bit tony when his guard was done, as for thanos I’m not sure maybe Hank got inside him or something
Eh, the scene implies the zombies broke through the armor.

As for hulk it’s just that his skin is to tough for the zombies to bite through plus gamma blood so there’s that to
I dunno how gamma blood allows resistance and stuff. Plus it doesn't explain how Thanos got infected

Idk maybe they were trying to stop the zombies advancing to a bigger populated area
Tbh, I'd expect a much smarter strategy than what they went with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back