• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy?

I'm struggling to find why the Ms Marvel show is viewed negatively by most. Was there some controversy or something about it?
Power change, change in the core of the character, and change in their origins and history that were all unnecessary and don't offer anything more to character especially when they already backseat on her nuaces to begin with

That's basically it

FWaNsvKXgAEKWhd

Why is this TV show so bad???

Am I crazy?

I'm struggling to find why the Ms Marvel show is viewed negatively by most. Was there some controversy or something about it?
Backlash is both justified and not.

On the one hand, you have misogynistic, racist and islamophobic jerks who can't bear the idea that a Pakistane muslim girl is getting enough attention to get her own show that will try to treat muslim culture and beliefs respectfully.

On the other hand, the show is not perfect. I've only watched the first episode and some scenes later but honestly, this isn't that great. Outside of the teenage movie tone, the plot is not really exciting, action sequences aren't different from anything you've seen before and the characters are all very cliché save for Kamala. There's also the changes done to her powers and her origins, wich pissed a lot of people (especially since the implied reason why they changed her powers was because they're planning on adding Mr Fantastic and the idea that a muslim girl got her powers changed to favor the introduction of a white man later is problematic for some people), not to mention their adaptation of islamic lore with stuff like Djinns being...not like they're supposed to be, wich is its own buttload of problems.
I've also noticed people who praise the series's exploration of muslim culture are non-muslim white for the most part while many muslim (including here) are actually disappointed by the treatment of their culture. Overall, there are many people who like this series just for the representation and even some who say "Respresentation is more important than quality" wich can be enraging for many.

And on another side, you have people who are just tired of Marvel being everywhere and just decided to hate it precisely because it's successful and they've had enough of superhero stuff getting attention over and over and over. Or those who simply don't like teenage like stuff, wich is the whole basis of this series. Or people who are pissed about the series's success when series like Moon Knight or Loki, wich they actually liked, were less successful. And then you have those who don't like that people are saying this series is as good as The Boys or even that it is better than The Boys.

Last edited:
Or people who are pissed about the series's success when series like Moon Knight or Loki, wich they actually liked, were less successful.
Loki is the most watched marvel Disney+ show followed by FATWS and Moon Knight, while MS Marvel is the least watched.

One of the funniest backlashes a marvel show has received was definitely when nationalistic Turks got triggered by Moon Knight mentioning the Armenian genocide lol.

Last edited:
Backlash is both justified and not.

On the one hand, you have misogynistic, racist and islamophobic jerks who can't bear the idea that a Pakistane muslim girl is getting enough attention to get her own show that will try to treat muslim culture and beliefs respectfully.

On the other hand, the show is not perfect. I've only watched the first episode and some scenes later but honestly, this isn't that great. Outside of the teenage movie tone, the plot is not really exciting, action sequences aren't different from anything you've seen before and the characters are all very cliché save for Kamala. There's also the changes done to her powers and her origins, wich pissed a lot of people (especially since the implied reason why they changed her powers was because they're planning on adding Mr Fantastic and the idea that a muslim girl got her powers changed to favor the introduction of a white man later is problematic for some people), not to mention their adaptation of islamic lore with stuff like Djinns being...not like they're supposed to be, wich is its own buttload of problem.
I've also noticed people who praise the series's exploration of muslim culture are non-muslim white for the most people while many muslim (including here) are actually disappointed by the treatment of their culture. Overall, there are many people who like this series just for the representation and even some who say "Respresentation is more important than quality" wich can be enraging for many.

And on another side, you have people who are just tired of Marvel being everywhere and just decided to hate it precisely because it's successful and they've had enough of superhero stuff getting attention over and over and over. Or those who simply don't like teenage like stuff, wich is the whole basis of this series. Or people who are pissed about the series's success when series like Moon Knight or Loki, wich they actually liked, were less successful. And then you have those who don't like that people are saying this series is as good as The Boys or even that it is better than The Boys.
From what I've heard, the power change was to make Kamala match-up with Carol and Monica better for their team-up movie...Still ******* sucks

Also, currently I just see Moon Knight getting constantly being shit on

Ya they can almost never just write a regular nucler black family lol
If it's not that they find a way to make darker skinned characters lightskin or characters of wholey different nationalities be designed to just be white and nothing else visually i.e damian wayne or Wanda whose not always depicted as a Jewish Romani

If it's not that they find a way to make darker skinned characters lightskin or characters of wholey different nationalities be designed to just be white and nothing else visually i.e damian wayne or Wanda whose not always depicted as a Jewish Romani
To be fair daimian and Wanda are generally depicted in a lighter skin tone like 80% of the time. Though I think what’s worse is generally race changing characters instead of including a character that was that race originally

Loki is the most watched marvel Disney+ show followed by FATWS and Moon Knight, while MS Marvel is the least watched.

One of the funniest backlashes a marvel show has received was definitely when nationalistic Turks got triggered by Moon Knight mentioning the Armenian genocide lol.
I should have clarified it but by successful, I meant in terms of opinions. If you read comments, many consider Miss Marvel to be better than MK and Loki in terms of quality and some even say the reason while the latter was successfull was just because of Tom Hiddleston and the character and the whole series is relatively bad (granted this is a minority but the fact remains this kind of "reviews" actually exist)

And yeah, that backlash was hilarious, it's really sad (to be polite) that some people cannot just admit the horrors committed by their countries in the past and instead go out of their way to not only ignore these stuff but also try to silence those who talk about it

True I just want them to be based and do a correct depiction all the time💀💀💀
Damian at least is understandable since he's the son of a full-blown white westerner man and Talia is white herself in spite of Ra's being arabic (not to mention he's quite white for an arabic man, though tbf centuries of travelling across the world and especially the west and the regular Lazarus Pit baths must have had their effect)
Yeah that's pretty egregious no matter which way it goes
I always thought making a white character a minority for the sake of minorities a bit problematic. It feels like the new character could have never existed without a white person to be the first to do that, like the new minority character depends on the white original one, they're not their own individual. That doesn't mean it's necessarily bad but they should make new characters with their own powers, backstory and personnality instead. Not to mention it will piss off the fans of the old character since they've come to love and grow up with a specific image of said character and will be pissed said character is changed like that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back