• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I watched this video and I think it manages to sum up my problem with recent MCU villains that I had but couldn't explain properly before. In Phase 1 and 2 MCU villains were criticized for being boring, and while the newer ones are an improvement, the newer MCU villain seem to all fit this trope of "politically sympathetic goals". Vulture, Killmonger, Flag Smashers, maybe even Thanos to an extent.

The problem is that they make these villains too sympathetic on the ideology side and don't actually explore those beliefs, challenge the hero on what's right and wrong and almost every time the story ends with the villain doing some over-the-top villainous shit to tell the audience that they're the bad guys and then the hero being like "I agree with your ideas but violence bad!" and then proceed to use violence to beat the shit out of them which is a very weak message.

I can see this as well I think its worst with Killmonger and the Flag Smashers especially since we almost got right but they couldn't quite go all the way with them.

Imagine if the Three Wombats had a Team Profile
giphy.webp

Better yet how long can Ned Survive with his sling ring, laptop, and some wifi going through the area's of the final battles in these movies
Assuming that is just him as a bystander
Iron Man 1: Would most likely die due to COLLATERAL DAMAGE once Tony and Stane take the fight to the road
Incredible Hulk: Might actually have a good chance at lasting this one out since Hulk was mostly centered on Abomination during the fight (unless he does the cop car trick with him)
Iron Man 2: Would die once Iron Man uses his spinny laser attack
Avengers: Gets crushed to death by rubble during the begining of the fight
Ned has regular human reaction speeds so he wouldn't be able to react to most of these things in enough time to use his ring

Assuming that is just him as a bystander
Iron Man 1: Would most likely die due to COLLATERAL DAMAGE once Tony and Stane take the fight to the road
Incredible Hulk: Might actually have a good chance at lasting this one out since Hulk was mostly centered on Abomination during the fight (unless he does the cop car trick with him)
Iron Man 2: Would die once Iron Man uses his spinny laser attack
Avengers: Gets crushed to death by rubble during the begining of the fight
Ned has regular human reaction speeds so he wouldn't be able to react to most of these things in enough time to use his ring
The moment when you have to speed equalize Ned to get him through the plots 😭😭 but yeah without it he'd be blitzed in the areas of the battles

Hear me out he pretends to be Stain's guy in the chair and when he doesn't suspect it uploads some sort of malware that give him control of the suit either to the suit directly or a server directly connected to it

I watched this video and I think it manages to sum up my problem with recent MCU villains that I had but couldn't explain properly before. In Phase 1 and 2 MCU villains were criticized for being boring, and while the newer ones are an improvement, the newer MCU villain seem to all fit this trope of "politically sympathetic goals". Vulture, Killmonger, Flag Smashers, maybe even Thanos to an extent.

The problem is that they make these villains too sympathetic on the ideology side and don't actually explore those beliefs, challenge the hero on what's right and wrong and almost every time the story ends with the villain doing some over-the-top villainous shit to tell the audience that they're the bad guys and then the hero being like "I agree with your ideas but violence bad!" and then proceed to use violence to beat the shit out of them which is a very weak message.

since you mentioned FATWS, I'm contractually obligated to remind everyone here that john walker did nothing wrong.

What are the Eternals feats that need calculating btw?

Also regarding the Morbius bullet feat in the new trailer it might not be as impressive as expected since Morbius isn't moving at normal speed relative to the slow motion either. Although considering his hand seemed to move at a similar speed with the bullet it might still get like supersonic or hypersonic.

What if John Walker met John Runner
Also regarding the Morbius bullet feat in the new trailer it might not be as impressive as expected since Morbius isn't moving at normal speed relative to the slow motion either. Although considering his hand seemed to move at a similar speed with the bullet it might still get like supersonic or hypersonic.
Neat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back