• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally got our first piece of official promo art for mcu spideys new suit

FM2xGqGUYAAjKUJ

As far as I remember people couldn't figure out how they wanted to rate him and he never got speed calc's so that's why his stuff hasn't been upgraded
Man would unironically get laughably low speed unless there are statements or nonmovie feats because he's at most subsonic and that's coming from an aim dodging feat where he literally saw the dudes with guns and moved to block before they even shot.

IDK procedure for using aim dodging feats outside of calcs, like can characters scale to a feat that can't be calced because of aim dodging, but if they can't he may be even lower than subsonic lol

Man would unironically get laughably low speed unless there are statements or nonmovie feats because he's at most subsonic and that's coming from an aim dodging feat where he literally saw the dudes with guns and moved to block before they even shot.

IDK procedure for using aim dodging feats outside of calcs, like can characters scale to a feat that can't be calced because of aim dodging, but if they can't he may be even lower than subsonic lol
Oop lol alrighty but yeah still his ratings were never decided otherwords so yeah that's why he's not been upgraded

What are the calcs?
If you mean speed there are none because the one scene where Wenwu blocks bullets he was aimdodging and the profile just lists it as baseline subsonic without a calc

If you mean AP it's here

These are assuming you mean Shang Chi which if you aren't ignore this lol

I watched this video and I think it manages to sum up my problem with recent MCU villains that I had but couldn't explain properly before. In Phase 1 and 2 MCU villains were criticized for being boring, and while the newer ones are an improvement, the newer MCU villain seem to all fit this trope of "politically sympathetic goals". Vulture, Killmonger, Flag Smashers, maybe even Thanos to an extent.

The problem is that they make these villains too sympathetic on the ideology side and don't actually explore those beliefs, challenge the hero on what's right and wrong and almost every time the story ends with the villain doing some over-the-top villainous shit to tell the audience that they're the bad guys and then the hero being like "I agree with your ideas but violence bad!" and then proceed to use violence to beat the shit out of them which is a very weak message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back