• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, I had thought Ultron was still downscaling to Iron Man. Still, this causes Ultron's durability justification to look weird:

Durability: At least Building level (Survived hits from Iron Man, took no damage from the Quinjet's minigun) So Ultron's justification for having at least 8-C durability is from surviving hits from the Mark 43 Iron Man, which is 8-A?

Also, Cap never even interacted with an Iron Man armor earlier than the Mark 6, so I'm not sure why he would specifically scale to those suits.
Should be removed

Anyone got any idea what the blast would after the inverse square law? Cuz the Sentry that is sent into the tanker isn’t seen again while the others that get ragdolled are 5+ to a dozen meters away.

Well there is the feat of the Avengers taking on the Iron Legion during Ultron's appearance.
I can't remember, was there any indication or statement the Iron Legion drones used technology remotely as powerful as the Iron Man suits? Stark only seemed to have them protect civilians, not directly attack HYDRA forces at all, one got damaged by acid, an unarmored Tony survived one colliding into him and a blast couldn't even kill an unarmored Rhodey (1:19) If anything, I have doubts they're even superior to the Sentries Ultron moved to using afterwards.

I can't remember, was there any indication or statement the Iron Legion drones used technology remotely as powerful as the Iron Man suits? Stark only seemed to have them protect civilians, not directly attack HYDRA forces at all, one got damaged by acid, an unarmored Tony survived one colliding into him and a blast couldn't even kill an unarmored Rhodey (1:19) If anything, I have doubts they're even superior to the Sentries Ultron moved to using afterwards.
Also some of the sentries got melted by random ass objects so like, they're definitely not as strong as Tony's normal suits. They're like 9-B

What about the scene at 1:50? A feat for the Legionnaire or inconsistency?

And the scene at 1:52? Would that be a good supporting feat for Cap's durability?

What about the scene at 1:50? A feat for the Legionnaire or inconsistency?

And the scene at 1:52? Would that be a good supporting feat for Cap's durability?
Not entirely sure how that scene should be treated. It at least suggests the gap between unpowered humans and super soldiers isn't that overwhelmingly massive (at least not by orders of magnitude), if an Iron Legion drone isn't able to oneshot an unarmored Tony or Rhodey, but the drone apparently can't be oneshot by Cap without his shield. That would at least line up with Sam Wilson being able to keep up with super soldiers (though with the aid of tech) and characters such as Black Widow and Sharon Carter being able to stagger and briefly inconvenience Bucky, as well as Batroc holding his own against a casual Steve Rogers and withstanding a shield throw from Sam Wilson, who could knock down Flag Smashers with the shield. The gap is still large enough that a serious, direct hit from a super soldier is very much capable of oneshotting someone of roughly peak human level, if Battlestar is any indication. If the Ultron Sentry calc is accepted and scaled to peak humans, and super soldiers are upscaled to that, it should work out just fine I think.

As for the feat, I'm not sure if that would be above 9-B.

Last edited:
The oil tank method in and of itself seems kind of flawed. I’ve never seen that method for blasts used so I feel like it’d be best to just use the normal explosion method. Plus that explosion was in no way 172 tons cuz at that point it’d be engulfing entire blocks when we barely see it cover a couple meters
Yeah that work as an third method and have multiple method Like when he did an calc to upgrade pre Ragnarok folks

Not entirely sure how that scene should be treated. It at least suggests the gap between unpowered humans and super soldiers isn't that overwhelmingly massive (at least not by orders of magnitude), if an Iron Legion drone isn't able to oneshot an unarmored Tony or Rhodey, but the drone apparently can't be oneshot by Cap without his shield. That would at least line up with Sam Wilson being able to keep up with super soldiers (though with the aid of tech) and characters such as Black Widow and Sharon Carter being able to stagger and briefly inconvenience Bucky, as well as Batroc holding his own against a casual Steve Rogers and withstanding a shield throw from Sam Wilson, who could knock down Flag Smashers with the shield. The gap is still large enough that a serious, direct hit from a super soldier is very much capable of oneshotting someone of roughly peak human level, if Battlestar is any indication. If the Ultron Sentry calc is accepted and scaled to peak humans, and super soldiers are upscaled to that, it should work out just fine I think.

As for the feat, I'm not sure if that would be above 9-B.
Honestly the Tony surviving part is kinda iffy too considering surviving the drone slamming into him will matter at what speeds the drone was moving pretty sure
Though War Machine part seems legit yet weird

Well we'll see what it's going to be (just hope Marvel won't give us another Marvel's Avenger cause...do I really need to explain why I'm saying this?)
Nah but considering we're 3(really 4) to 1 rn with the current era of Marvel games in a good to bad ratio I think we'll be fine

After all Guardians is a hit, both Spider-Man games are a hit, Wolverine and the next Spider-Man games will undoubtedly be hits, Avengers is the only odd one out so I think we'll be fine

Ideas:
  • Heroes for Hire: Love to see some street characters like Luke, Jessica, Iron Fist etc get some love.
  • Horror themed: Game that has Blade, Ghost Rider and/or Elsa Bloodstone
  • Fantastic 4: Big name that makes money
  • Deadpool: Because he's Deadpool and I love me some Nolan North (Who doesn't)

Ideas:
  • Heroes for Hire: Love to see some street characters like Luke, Jessica, Iron Fist etc get some love.
  • Horror themed: Game that has Blade, Ghost Rider and/or Elsa Bloodstone
  • Fantastic 4: Big name that makes money
  • Deadpool: Because he's Deadpool and I love me some Nolan North (Who doesn't)
LOL Imagine a difficult Blade soulslike game

Nah but considering we're 3(really 4) to 1 rn with the current era of Marvel games in a good to bad ratio I think we'll be fine

After all Guardians is a hit, both Spider-Man games are a hit, Wolverine and the next Spider-Man games will undoubtedly be hits, Avengers is the only odd one out so I think we'll be fine
I mean, I hope so. Avengers's the only one really bad apparently (the Spider-Man one was good, can't say anything about the Guardians and I thought the Miles Morales game was a bit meg though) but it really was a spectacular failure on every level, especially for a game that, according to some "fans", was about to (to quote) "allow Marvel to dominate video games like they should and put the Arkham games at their proper place" 👀

but it really was a spectacular failure on every level, especially for a game that, according to some "fans", was about to (to quote) "allow Marvel to dominate video games like they should and put the Arkham games at their proper place" 👀
I never even though close to that lol whoever said that is wild but yeah that game was absolutely dogshit

Btw we're getting a new iron fist

images

Bruh, I really have 0 interests for Iron Fist and that crappy series definitely ensured it would stay that way

It's really a shame those Netflix series weren't better. Like Season 1 and 2 of Daredevil and Season 1 of Jessica Jones were excellent (Killgrave's one of the best and most terrifying villains the MCU, change my mind) and the first season of Luke Cage was really good as well but after that, it ranged from relatively good to shitty af (Defenders of course). And then there's Inhumans...

I'd rank the Netflix series from favorite to least favorite as follows (Note that I don't think any of the seasons are terrible, they range from "amazing" to "meh" to me):

Daredevil S3 (Just great all around. Matt's inner conflicts throughout the season were well done, Fisk cemented himself as my favorite Netflix villain, Bullseye had an amazing introduction, and I liked that we got a Born Again adaptation of sorts)

Daredevil S1 (A very solid introduction to the character, and the Netflix shows as a whole. Charlie Cox brings an amazing performance to Daredevil, and puts subtle details in his performance that really add a lot. Fisk is a compelling antagonist that shows great character development over the course of the show)

Jessica Jones S1 (Very great and suspenseful, Kilgrave steals the show and raised the bar too high for antagonists in later seasons to clear)

Luke Cage S2 (A very well rounded season, I liked Bushmaster and Mariah as antagonists, had my favorite appearance of Iron Fist, the ending makes me disappointed we never got a third season)

Daredevil S2 (The first four episodes might just have some of the greatest moments out of all the Netflix shows, but the rest of the season didn't quite live up to those standards)

Punisher S1 (Jon Bernthal really did a great job in the role of the Punisher. The brutality is unparalleled)

Luke Cage S1 (Cottonmouth probably should have stayed the main antagonist throughout. The first half of the season is probably better than the second season, but the second half of the season once Diamondback is introduced doesn't work as well and drags the whole thing down)

Jessica Jones S3 (Sallinger is a solid, creepy antagonist, and the fall of Trish is a fairly compelling plotline.)

Punisher S2 (Bernthal still carries the show, though Micro is missed. The plot feels more disjointed, as Pilgrim and Jigsaw are completely separate threats that have no connection to each other and never cross paths. Plus the plotline with Jigsaw's therapist didn't really seem to add much despite how much screen time was given to it. Also Jigsaw's face looked really underwhelming after all the set up that implied it would be horribly disfigured like his comics counterpart)

Defenders (The Hand desperately needed more development, and Sigourney Weaver didn't have as much to do as I would have liked. Nobu probably should have been kept alive so he could show up here, as Murakami was far less memorable. The interactions between the Defenders themselves are the clear highlight of the show. Claire felt wasted, considering I would have expected her to play a much larger role in bringing together the Defenders here after meeting all of them in their respective shows.)

Iron Fist S2 (A definite improvement from the first season. Having a 10 episode season helped the pacing and prevented the season from feeling too dragged out. It did feel like Colleen overshadowed Danny here a lot, which makes the final battle not work so well as Colleen lacks the actual history with Davos that Danny has. The ending still makes me wish we had gotten a third season, as it sets up a far more interesting story than anything we actually got over two seasons. I do hope Finn Jones gets another chance to reprise his role with a budget that can actually do justice to the mystical aspects form the comics)

Jessica Jones S2 (I'm still mad they wasted Nuke. Last season's setup of IGH wasn't given a satisfying followup here. This season lacked a central antagonist, which felt like a downgrade after having someone as memorable as Kilgrave last season. The season also felt like it went on for too long for how much actual storyline there was. I struggle to even remember a lot of what happened. Most of Hogath's plotline probably could have been cut out without having an effect on anything else)

Iron Fist S1 (This season had a rushed development and a small budget, and it shows. The showrunner was Scott Buck, which probably wasn't the greatest choice. The choreography was underwhelming after seeing the amazing fight scenes in Daredevil. I feel like the season had some decent moments and peaked somewhere around episode 6, but was held back by too many uninteresting business meeting scenes. Having 13 episodes doesn't really work for this season, as it feels like it has way too much unneeded padding. Some subplots would have been better off being removed or drastically shortened. I will say that I enjoyed Ward Meachum as a character far more than I would have expected. Claire's presence in the plot felt shoehorned here compared to her previous appearances, which felt more natural. Also, all that build up for Shou-Lou and we don't even get to see the dragon because the budget is too small for that. Ugh.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back