• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if this will Change low tiers scaling to Iron spider but is apparentky stated Spider-Man moves fast enough to caught his opponents offguard and show an Fight of the thanos fight (who as we know he blitzed Ragnarok Thor who blitzed low tiers)

I'd rank the Netflix series from favorite to least favorite as follows (Note that I don't think any of the seasons are terrible, they range from "amazing" to "meh" to me):

Daredevil S3 (Just great all around. Matt's inner conflicts throughout the season were well done, Fisk cemented himself as my favorite Netflix villain, Bullseye had an amazing introduction, and I liked that we got a Born Again adaptation of sorts)

Daredevil S1 (A very solid introduction to the character, and the Netflix shows as a whole. Charlie Cox brings an amazing performance to Daredevil, and puts subtle details in his performance that really add a lot. Fisk is a compelling antagonist that shows great character development over the course of the show)

Jessica Jones S1 (Very great and suspenseful, Kilgrave steals the show and raised the bar too high for antagonists in later seasons to clear)

Luke Cage S2 (A very well rounded season, I liked Bushmaster and Mariah as antagonists, had my favorite appearance of Iron Fist, the ending makes me disappointed we never got a third season)

Daredevil S2 (The first four episodes might just have some of the greatest moments out of all the Netflix shows, but the rest of the season didn't quite live up to those standards)

Punisher S1 (Jon Bernthal really did a great job in the role of the Punisher. The brutality is unparalleled)

Luke Cage S1 (Cottonmouth probably should have stayed the main antagonist throughout. The first half of the season is probably better than the second season, but the second half of the season once Diamondback is introduced doesn't work as well and drags the whole thing down)

Jessica Jones S3 (Sallinger is a solid, creepy antagonist, and the fall of Trish is a fairly compelling plotline.)

Punisher S2 (Bernthal still carries the show, though Micro is missed. The plot feels more disjointed, as Pilgrim and Jigsaw are completely separate threats that have no connection to each other and never cross paths. Plus the plotline with Jigsaw's therapist didn't really seem to add much despite how much screen time was given to it. Also Jigsaw's face looked really underwhelming after all the set up that implied it would be horribly disfigured like his comics counterpart)

Defenders (The Hand desperately needed more development, and Sigourney Weaver didn't have as much to do as I would have liked. Nobu probably should have been kept alive so he could show up here, as Murakami was far less memorable. The interactions between the Defenders themselves are the clear highlight of the show. Claire felt wasted, considering I would have expected her to play a much larger role in bringing together the Defenders here after meeting all of them in their respective shows.)

Iron Fist S2 (A definite improvement from the first season. Having a 10 episode season helped the pacing and prevented the season from feeling too dragged out. It did feel like Colleen overshadowed Danny here a lot, which makes the final battle not work so well as Colleen lacks the actual history with Davos that Danny has. The ending still makes me wish we had gotten a third season, as it sets up a far more interesting story than anything we actually got over two seasons. I do hope Finn Jones gets another chance to reprise his role with a budget that can actually do justice to the mystical aspects form the comics)

Jessica Jones S2 (I'm still mad they wasted Nuke. Last season's setup of IGH wasn't given a satisfying followup here. This season lacked a central antagonist, which felt like a downgrade after having someone as memorable as Kilgrave last season. The season also felt like it went on for too long for how much actual storyline there was. I struggle to even remember a lot of what happened. Most of Hogath's plotline probably could have been cut out without having an effect on anything else)

Iron Fist S1 (This season had a rushed development and a small budget, and it shows. The showrunner was Scott Buck, which probably wasn't the greatest choice. The choreography was underwhelming after seeing the amazing fight scenes in Daredevil. I feel like the season had some decent moments and peaked somewhere around episode 6, but was held back by too many uninteresting business meeting scenes. Having 13 episodes doesn't really work for this season, as it feels like it has way too much unneeded padding. Some subplots would have been better off being removed or drastically shortened. I will say that I enjoyed Ward Meachum as a character far more than I would have expected. Claire's presence in the plot felt shoehorned here compared to her previous appearances, which felt more natural. Also, all that build up for Shou-Lou and we don't even get to see the dragon because the budget is too small for that. Ugh.)
Generally agree with this except I would place JJ season 1 first (like you said, Killgrave was creepy af and incredibly well-handled, everything about him and how much of a horrific impact he left on people was more fascinating to me than what Daredevil had to offer and honestly, the stakes were put through the roof with him for the MCU as a whole). Can't say anything about The Punisher since I haven't watched it actually, might try to do that one day in the near future

Last edited:
From the promos, Thena will have a second set of armor in the final battle. It would be golden compared to the white one she wears in the first act
Possibility for Cloth Manipulation for her and the rest of the Eternals (or maybe just Phastos since he's the inventor of the bunch and it's possible he was the one who created their amor with his powers)

Generally agree with this excpet I would place JJ season 1 first (like you said, Killgrave was creepy af and incredibly well-handled, everything about him and how much of a horrific impact he left on people was more fascinating to me than what Daredevil had to offer and honestly, the stakes wre put through the roof with him for the MCU as a whole). Can't say anything about The Punisher since I haven't watched it actually, might try to do that one day in the near future
To be fair, the gap between my top rankings is VERY small. Out of Netflix Marvel villains, I'd consider Kilgrave the second best in my opinion, but I agree that he definitely did bring a unique level of stakes to the story. They probably couldn't have plausibly kept him alive for future seasons considering that after his power boost, he was quickly approaching the level of Avengers-level threat, but the villains in the following seasons were just not even close to being on Kilgrave's level.

I would recommend watching the Punisher series. I don't think it quite reaches the heights of the Punisher's storyline in Daredevil season 2 (which I definitely found more compelling and better polished than the Elektra/Hand storyline, to the point I probably would have ranked DD S2 at the top of my list if the whole season stayed at the quality of the first four episodes), but I'd say it's quite solid overall, in large part due to Jon Bernthal's superb acting abilities. The show definitely has the most brutal violence out of the Netflix Marvel shows. The first season has a more cohesive storyline than the second, but I liked both.

My favorite X-Men movie

Days of Future Past is mine. The original Xmen trilogy were a big part of my childhood growing up, and the reboot was class. Having both brought together was just perfect... I really wish I could watch the Rogue cut.

It's a real shame that both timelines got a dark ending. Logan was at least a amazing movie and great send off though.

Apocalypse was at least a decent movie but Dark Pheonix sucked (I never bothered to watch it). I really hope that the Fox timeline/s merge well into the MCU, hopefully like the Spider-Man movies will. It'd be so brilliant to have all the legacy Marvel movies merged into the grander MCU multiverse...

The two Deadpool movies and Logan are definitely my favorites of the series, but out of movies actually centered on the X-Men team, First Class is probably my favorite. I did like Days of Future Past a lot, but I really didn't like that characters from First Class such as Emma Frost and Banshee were killed off between movies. So much potential with those characters was completely wasted for little reason.

I used to rewatch tf outta that movie when I was younger
I can say the same for a fair few Marvel movies: Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, X-Men Origins Wolverine, X-Men 3, and X-Men First Class.

I didn't know jack about the MCU till I realised it was a thing when the Avengers was first announced.

Another wacky Marvel dream.

Dormmamu was assimilating the universe and I was running away from him. I had to carefully put together key artifacts to stop him. First I got the summoning key from CoD and trapped Evil Richtofens soul in it. I then had to sink or hum themes from shows/movies that I liked to delay and link these religious key chains around the key. They were golden, with a cross at the end, with a Ruby in the cross. I hummed/sang my favourite stuff and the final song was Beelzebub Tenacious D. The keychain was perfectly assembled around the summoning key and ya boy Thor hit it hard with some lightning to charge it and banish Dormmamu.

Them all of the important events throughout the MCU played: Iron Man presenting the Jericho, his identity reveal, Banner revealing his secret to Cap, the iconic Avengers shot showing them in a circle, the Cap vs Iron Man shot where Iron Man blasts Cap's shield, Thor's arrival in Wakanda, Cap finally says Avengers Assemble and finally, Stark's final "and I.. am.. Iron Man"

Apparently some costume descriptions from NWH are floating about on Reddit. The pictures that the source is referencing have not been circulated, so hopefully Sony can officially show these designs in a trailer before the leaks beat them to it (again).

According to this source: (Final warning: do not open if you don't want to know anything about the design details or characters they are for!)

Tobey's costume is basically the same as it was in the original trilogy.

Andrew's costume is basically the same as it was in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Green Goblin's costume is the Raimi suit with an updated design. It's somewhat damaged and patchy, and a few minor adjustments have been made. It includes add-ons like a comic accurate tan colored shoulder strap and belt (with a bomb bag), some gold colored accessories on his legs, and some scattered purple accessories like a cloth wrapped around his arm. Metallic exoskeleton looking parts fill in some of the damaged parts, and the thighs. The costume is still almost entirely green. It's still very clearly the Raimi suit from 2002, just with add-ons. No mask is being worn in the image, just black goggles (like Doc Ock's in Spider-Man 2). We also know he'll have a purple scarf/hood at some point thanks to previous leaks.

I will give Dark Phoenix credit for at least actually giving Cyclops a role in the story, something The Last Stand completely failed at. I do hope a MCU Cyclops does a better job making his character more interesting though.
Probably one of the only good things this movie did actually, although to be fair it wasn't exactly difficult since the previous movies barely gave him a role anyway

335c5b8c09712abc6e14d255b5408c42.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back