• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, now I can't unsee that
marvel-cursed-with-knowledge.gif

Nvm checked read wrong and thought the 8-C calc was The explosion result and 9a+ was inverse law result
If the 8c method was good cap will be able to one shot 8c beings now

Btw would cap upscale sentries to the point he would be 8c of the calc good or nah?
The baseline for 8-C is 0.25 tons, which is about 134% of the results of the 9-A+ calc, which comes out to 0.186 tons. I don't think upscaling Cap and other super soldier tiers to 8-C would be too far fetched, though I'm not sure what the general policy on upscaling is.

If we go with the 8-C calc, the results of 0.85 tons is 3.4 times baseline 8-C, and not overly far off from the midpoint of the tier, which should be 1.125 tons. Super soldiers in that case would probably be "At least 8-C" or "8-C+" if we consider upscaling to the midpoint acceptable in that case.

The baseline for 8-C is 0.25 tons, which is about 134% of the results of the 9-A+ calc, which comes out to 0.186 tons. I don't think upscaling Cap and other super soldier tiers to 8-C would be too far fetched, though I'm not sure what the general policy on upscaling is.
I think the general conensus is like, 1.2x or lower

So if we don't have any other 8-C calcs that are usable, unless the 8-C end of the Ultron Sentry calc is accepted, or we get new 8-C calcs elsewhere, Cap and others that scale to him only seem to have a bunch feats no higher than 9-A. Also, some of the AP justifications on Cap's page seem wonky at this point. Let's go through them:

Can harm Black Panther, who could tank blasts capable of destroying tanks without his suit. (Again, this doesn't seem to be a solid justification for 8-C considering how vague the tank stopping statement was)

Nearly comparable to Iron Man and Ultron. (Unless we suddenly decide to massively upgrade Cap, this should be removed considering Iron Man and Ultron have been upgraded to 8-A)

Defeated Spider-Man, and could have easily beaten him if he wanted to according to Iron Man. Fought against Red Skull, who can draw blood from him. Harmed Winter Soldier. (Scaling statements, but none of these characters seem to have any 8-C calcs themeselves)

Superior to Centipede soldiers who can blast open shipping containers. (I'm pretty sure this is not 8-C. Also, this should only be kept if we consider Agents of SHIELD canon. It should be noted that I do think an argument for that isn't impossible, but it would be confusing, considering there have been official statements supporting both ends of that argument.)

Can break reinforced glass with no trouble. Destroyed a jeep by throwing a bike at it. (These should be well below 8-C)

Harmed his past version, though he was eventually overpowered he was likely holding back. (Evidence he can harm himself at least)

Destroyed part of a highway pillar by throwing Ultron into it. Can easily shatter Ultron Sentries (Nothing above 9-A, though the Ultron Sentry calc will likely be replaced by the new one if it's accepted, in which case we'll have justification for 9-A+ at least, if not 8-C)

Ultron is "At least 8-C" and Iron Man Mark 1 - 5 are 8-C - 8-C+, but yeah
Huh, I had thought Ultron was still downscaling to Iron Man. Still, this causes Ultron's durability justification to look weird:

Durability: At least Building level (Survived hits from Iron Man, took no damage from the Quinjet's minigun) So Ultron's justification for having at least 8-C durability is from surviving hits from the Mark 43 Iron Man, which is 8-A?

Also, Cap never even interacted with an Iron Man armor earlier than the Mark 6, so I'm not sure why he would specifically scale to those suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back