• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Thanos’ profile says:
While extremely wounded and near-death, he could overpower Captain Marvel.
He did not, at most, this is some Lifting Strength scaling, not Attack Potency. We see later on the movie that Carol overpowered past Thanos in Lifting Strength too, so even LS is not a guaranteed scaling. She’s overall stronger than him.

Remove this scaling.

And also, it’s never stated or shown that she absorbed energy from the Infinity Stones. This is a headcanon to scale Thanos above her.

Agree: Lonkitt, LordTracer, Planck69, LephyrTheRevanchist, UchihaSlayer96, Dalesean027, Eseseso, Valiant_Abyss, Iamunanimousinthat, Serlock_Holmes
Disagree: Excel616, The_one_you_least_expect

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanos’ profile says:

He did not, at most, this is some Lifting Strength scaling, not Attack Potency. We see later on the movie that Carol overpowered past Thanos in Lifting Strength too, so even LS is not a guaranteed scaling. She’s overall stronger than him.

Remove this scaling.
She only overpowered Past Thanos after he was exhausted and she got an amp from the Infinity Stones.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm fine with Carol's upper end being Low 4-C, but I absolutely disagree with any backscaling that applies to Thor and Hulk. This scan is also just, REALLY blatant. Carol's definitely stronger than Thanos

I agree with the OP

Like I said in the other thread, I'm fine with Carol's upper end being Low 4-C, but I absolutely disagree with any backscaling that applies to Thor and Hulk. This scan is also just, REALLY blatant. Carol's definitely stronger than Thanos

I agree with the OP
Oh yeah, Pre-Awakening Thor and Hulk should not backscale from Thanos at all, he whooped them both.

That I can agree with.

Wait wait, what? That scene doesn’t prove anything. It doesn’t show or state she was absorbing energy. She’s just overpowering him.

Wait wait, what? That scene doesn’t prove anything. It doesn’t show or state she was absorbing energy. She’s just overpowering him.
I just saw the profile.

But anyways, we shouldn't scale Endgame people to a later version of CM so I agree with removing Low 4-C/4-C scaling for Thanos, Hulk, etc.

Captain Marvel is about to have a new rating, which would be something like: "Varies, at least 7-A, Low 4-C at her peak", so isn't this revision kinda redundant? Carol overpowered Thanos by applying more of her energy, and her AP in general varies based on how much power she is exerting.

I do agree there isnt enough evidence for that but it was accepted she was absorbing here

I do agree there isnt enough evidence for that but it was accepted she was absorbing here
Yeah I agree that this is headcanon. Also, I now realize that there isn't any actual proof that Thanos was exhausted against CM.

Put me down as solid agree with the OP, then.

Thanos’ profile says:

Remove this scaling.

And also, it’s never stated or shown that she absorbed energy from the Infinity Stones. This is a headcanon to scale Thanos above her.

So she dose no damaged to a crippled thanos then a tired thanos eats her blows then she just randomly overpowers him? And that’s just supposed to make sense because reasons?

just because it’s never stated dosen’t mean it didn’t happen.

So she dose no damaged to a crippled thanos then a tired thanos eats her blows then she just randomly overpowers him?
Bold of you to assume she went with the intention of attacking him and not just restrain (as she did). Not like they needed to ask him a few questions.
And that’s just supposed to make sense because reasons?
It makes sense, you just want to make Thanos stronger than her for a scene where she overpowered him.
It never happened.

All of this is about to be fixxed the moment that the Varies profile is applied to Carol's profile, so shouldn't this be put on hold for now?

So she dose no damaged to a crippled thanos
While only trying to restrain him.
tired thanos eats her blows then she just randomly overpowers him?
This isn’t a contradiction. It’s very much possible for a character to take hits from someone stronger than them.
I hate to tell you, but you need to prove it DID happen to begin with.

All of this is about to be fixxed the moment that the Varies profile is applied to Carol's profile, so shouldn't this be put on hold for now?
No, please stop asking this as it has no business here.

Bold of you to assume she went with the intention of attack him and not just restrain (as she did). Not like they needed to ask him a few questions.
They were there to get the stones away from him, if she could effortlessly overpower them she could have just knocked his ass out and called it a day
It makes sense, you just want to make Thanos stronger than her for a scene where she overpowered him.
He literally shrugged of her attacks and threw her away. If were to assume she actually way above him as that one moment implies then she have done him worse then Thanos did hulk
It never happened.

It did
I hate to tell you, but you need to prove it DID happen to begin with.

edit : I literally did and it was brushed off the entire thing was called headcannon without responding to a single point

They were there to get the stones away from him, if she could effortlessly overpower them she could have just knocked his ass out and called it a day
That’s some wild 12 yo interpretation. They went there to ask him questions. They wanted to know where the Stones were.
He literally shrugged of her attacks and threw her away. If were to assume she actually way above him as that one moment implies then she have done him worse then Thanos did hulk
But she did? His headbutt did nothing to her and she easily put him down on his knees. He didn’t absorb anything to do that.
I literally did and you brushed off the entire thing as headcannon without responding to a single point
Well it wasn’t me who said it but: No, you didn’t prove anything.

Plus when Thanos overpowered her leg she seemed to not have her leg in a good position to pin his forearm down.

Isn't Thanos overall stronger every Earth in Endgame and only Scarlet Witch was confirmed to be the only one that can stop Thanos and she is the most powerful hero as of Endgame
https://imgur.com/PxJv64y
And while yes Carol overpowered a weakened Thanos (after he fought Worthy Captain America, Thor Iron Man and Scarlet Witch) still doesn't make her stronger as he onshots her by using the Power stone.

Honestly he actually head canon is saying Captain Marvel is stronger than Thanos.
Nah, disagree with OP.

Isn't Thanos overall stronger every Earth in Endgame and only Scarlet Witch was confirmed to be the only one that can stop Thanos and she is the most powerful hero as of Endgame

And while yes Carol overpowered a weakened Thanos (after he fought Worthy Captain America, Thor Iron Man and Scarlet Witch) still doesn't make her stronger as he onshots her by using the Power stone.

Honestly he actually head canon is saying Captain Marvel is stronger than Thanos.
Nah, disagree with OP.

You yourself have proven why he literally can't scale to her. He needs an amp to even do anything, as she straight up no-sold him earlier.

That’s some wild 12 yo interpretation. They went there to ask him questions. They wanted to know where the Stones were.
That literally didn’t happen lol, they restrained him to get the stones away from him. Why do you think Thor cut off his arm?
But she did? His headbutt did nothing to her and she easily put him down on his knees. He didn’t absorb anything to do that.
Yet she couldn’t do that the two other times before hand
Well it wasn’t me who said it but: No, you didn’t prove anything.
Ya I made a mistake there. I did and you have yet to make an actual argument agianst the previous revesion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back