• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to farmer Thanos.He was literally struggling with fat Thor after his near death experience with Wanda ya I’m sure he was perfectly fine
You act like he was so massively weaker and that allowed Carol to overpower him, be fr, she is just naturally stronger than him even at peak condition.
What makes you think that?
The fact that he didn’t have any noticeable injury and didn’t act like he was weakened.

Thanos was weakened at that moment. Carol went from struggling against Thanos to overpowering him.
Yeah, uh, looking at the scans on Thanos’ page, I don’t see how Carol’s struggling there. She lands multiple hits on Thanos with no problem and Thanos does literally nothing to her aside from throwing her, which has no bearing on AP scaling.

You act like he was so massively weaker and that allowed Carol to overpower him, be fr, she is just naturally stronger than him even at peak condition.
he was struggling with someone he effortlessly manhandled, yes he was weakened quite a bit. If that were the case then she would have effortlessly dominated him in every scene they fought in. Yet that didn’t happen

Like I laid out multiple reasons why she doesn’t scale above him and multiple inconsistencies in her being above him but people just wanna ignore it because she beat up a weakened Thanos for a couple of seconds

Heavily agree with the OP here. The Carol downgrade thread was a rushed and cluttered thread that generated 7 pages and was concluded in the span of 4 days. The whole Carol power absorption theory is something that's been brought up and struck down multiple times before, and as far as I recall I don't think any new info was brought up to suggest changing that.

The fact that he didn’t have any noticeable injury and didn’t act like he was weakened.
A character don't need to show injuries as prove and he did act like has was weakened. Characters he was easily defeated were somehow overpowering him. Rather than this being a downgrade for Thanos it is a feat for him.

Heavily agree with the OP here. The Carol downgrade thread was a rushed and cluttered thread that generated 7 pages and was concluded in the span of 4 days. The whole Carol power absorption theory is something that's been brought up and struck down multiple times before, and as far as I recall I don't think any new info was brought up to suggest changing that.
And why were the OP’s arguments not up to your standards?

I never said anything about the standards of the OP's arguments, I said no new content was presented that hadn't come up in prior conversations of the issue before.

A character don't need to show injuries as prove and he did act like has was weakened. Characters he was easily defeated were somehow overpowering him. Rather than this being a downgrade for Thanos it is a feat for him.
Okay. For example, let's agree we remove Thanos scaling, what are we going to do about the Power stone oneshot?

Like I laid out multiple reasons why she doesn’t scale above him and multiple inconsistencies in her being above him but people just wanna ignore it because she beat up a weakened Thanos for a couple of seconds
Sincerily I talked about that before, Thanos had Thor's hammer in his chest and he was still able to withstand the power surge of the snap showed to be at least 5 gigatons, he snaped later again and when Captain Marvel shows up there he was already healed from all the wounds caused by Thor.

Okay. For example, let's agree we remove Thanos scaling, what are we going to do about the Power stone oneshot?
A oneshot that while took her away it did not damage her in any considerable way and the power stone is as powerful as the user wants it to be that punch could be star level for all we know

Sincerily I talked about that before, Thanos had Thor's hammer in his chest and he was still able to withstand the power surge of the snap showed to be at least 5 gigatons, he snaped later again and when Captain Marvel shows up there he was already healed from all the wounds caused by Thor.
I never even mentioned Thor wounding him, I was referring to his arm

Ok then what were general arguments agianst the “theory”?

It’s already acknowledged on the Power Stone’s page. It doesn’t scale back to Thanos himself, if that’s what you’re trying to get at.

It’s already acknowledged on the Power Stone’s page. It doesn’t scale back to Thanos himself, if that’s what you’re trying to get at.
Okay. You win at that but that doesn't change the fact my stance that Thanos was weakened at Endgame Climax. If you guys claim he wasn't weakened then brief struggle between a severely weakened Stark and Thanos.

The same Stark that got his ass beaten along with the Cap and Thor by that said Thanos.

I do see the arguments for why you would put Thanos higher than Carol in strength but the outcome of that downgrade CRT never sat right with me, especially since I find the points to be very nitpicky. You have to really analyse her brief fight with Thanos and make a bunch of assumptions to even insinuate that she's weaker. I tried arguing that even if Thanos is tired in the scene she should still scale since she was clearly pressing him and I still stand by that. I'm going to let the discussion continue before I make my decision but I'm currently leaning towards agreeing with OP.

Hmm, I looked over most it and it obviously has the general idea but it doesn’t look it includes proof of thanos being weakened besides him just fighting, nor the Ronan statement or empathizes the gap in strength. Either way though this doesn’t really change her inconsistency agianst chin sack

I do see the arguments for why you would put Thanos higher than Carol in strength but the outcome of that downgrade CRT never sat right with me, especially since I find the points to be very nitpicky. You have to really analyse her brief fight with Thanos and make a bunch of assumptions to even insinuate that she's weaker. I tried arguing that even if Thanos is tired in the scene she should still scale since she was clearly pressing him and I still stand by that. I'm going to let the discussion continue before I make my decision but I'm currently leaning towards agreeing with OP.
What’s there to assume or analyze? She’s supposed to be so strong that his attacks do nothing to her yet she did no damaged to a crippled Thanos and a weakened on shrugged off his attacks. Alright whatever

What’s there to assume or analyze? She’s supposed to be so strong that his attacks do nothing to her yet she did no damaged to a crippled Thanos and a weakened on shrugged off his attacks. Alright whatever
How visual does the damage have to be for her to be hurting him in your eyes? I've seen arguments like this before in MCU CRTs where scaling has been rejected because characters didn't grunt loud enough or show enough visible pain to getting hit for them to be viewed as comparable. I just find these points extremely contrived on top of not being supported by any statements.

How visual does the damage have to be for her to be hurting him in your eyes? I've seen arguments like this before in MCU CRTs where scaling has been rejected because characters didn't grunt loud enough or show enough visible pain to getting hit for them to be viewed as comparable. I just find these points extremely contrived on top of not being supported by any statements.
I don’t care about visuals to much but considering how strong she’s supposed to be he should be laid out on the ground or just straight up KOed

Anyways here's an actual statement from Marvel themselves about the fight from Captain Marvel's Marvel.com page:
Captain Marvel was ready for him and went toe to toe with the Titan in a cosmic energy–filled battle of wills. Carol managed to land some powerful punches, and for a moment, it seemed like she could overpower him. It was only when Thanos removed the Power Stone from the Gauntlet and channeled all of its might into fighting Carol that he managed to finally overpower her.

I agree with the OP. I mean, I could see Thanos having been a bit compromised by the time he fought Captain Marvel, but not to the point where she wouldn't scale to him comfortably.
CM >>> Tired Thanus < Peak Thanus

I definitely also disagree with them scaling to her tier 4 feat for many reasons, but that's neither here nor there.

I literally just told you
I actually just read what you said wrong so I'll own up that's my bad.
I don’t care about visuals to much but considering how strong she’s supposed to be he should be laid out on the ground or just straight up KOed
Still, I don't know what you think we're trying to do with this CRT but nobodies saying that Carol is strong enough to one-shot Thanos or anything, we're just trying to prove that she's definitely not weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back