• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But i can add to my argument. With her attack on Thanos in this scene (2:05). If a Obviously Weak Thanos could at least take this, why wouldn't a Stronger Thanos do better. And there is no reason for Captain Marvel to totally hold back at Thanos.
This has already been brought up, the Avengers were explicitly trying to get information from Thanos, it actually makes more sense for her to not be going full power there.
Whatever the conclusion of this thread turns out to be I feel like we should make a discussion rule about this topic since iirc this is about the 4th or 5th time we've gone over this without any new content being used as evidence.
Agreed.

I have come to agree with OP after rereading
Whatever the conclusion of this thread turns out to be I feel like we should make a discussion rule about this topic since iirc this is about the 4th or 5th time we've gone over this without any new content being used as evidence.
I agree with this too.

Last edited:
“Carol arrives. She grabs the glove, preventing him from closing his fist. He headbutts her… but she doesn’t move. Carol pressed Thanos down but before he falls… Thanos pulls the Power Stone from its housing and punches Carol, sending her flying.” - Official Script, page 133

Nothing about absorbing power from the gauntlet, being hurt by his throw, being weaker than him or anything. Carol is flat out stronger than Thanos and would have took him out with relative ease if he didn’t use the Power Stone.

“Carol arrives. She grabs the glove, preventing him from closing his fist. He headbutts her… but she doesn’t move. Carol pressed Thanos down but before he falls… Thanos pulls the Power Stone from its housing and punches Carol, sending her flying.” - Official Script, page 133

Nothing about absorbing power from the gauntlet, being hurt by his throw, being weaker than him or anything. Carol is flat out stronger than Thanos and would have took him out with relative ease if he didn’t use the Power Stone.
Right but doesn't Thanos still survive a couple punches and a blast from Carol before he grabbed her hand and threw her? The fact he didn't get one-shotted from any of those attacks might prove they're relative

Wholeheartedly agree, never agreed with this at all.

I do believe however that Thanos does indeed have a lifting strength advantage over CM, in their first scene, he was overpowering her leg despite being in a hold, when she overpowered him during the final fight, she was using 2 hands against 2 of his fingers,no way was he putting his full force through 2 fingers

Last edited:
A notable statement from Endgame editor Jeff Ford:

"Anthony [Russo] came up with the great idea -- this was a reshoot, by the way, at the last minute -- he had the great idea that Thanos pulls the power stone out of the gauntlet, and then he punches her with the raw power stone," he continued. "That is a fantastic use of that prop and that story point, because that’s what you want. And we had to find a way that he could sideline Captain Marvel for a minute, because she’s so powerful, there’s no way to do it."

Cool, then let’s remove that. We don’t accept headcanons here.
Except mine 🙂

"Anthony [Russo] came up with the great idea -- this was a reshoot, by the way, at the last minute -- he had the great idea that Thanos pulls the power stone out of the gauntlet, and then he punches her with the raw power stone," he continued. "That is a fantastic use of that prop and that story point, because that’s what you want. And we had to find a way that he could sideline Captain Marvel for a minute, because she’s so powerful, there’s no way to do it."
That just kinda hard confirms it tbh.

Right but doesn't Thanos still survive a couple punches and a blast from Carol before he grabbed her hand and threw her? The fact he didn't get one-shotted from any of those attacks might prove they're relative
Okay, “he didn’t get one-shot” is really bad criteria for saying they’re relative, but the purpose of this thread was never to say that they’re incomparable, just that Carol is stronger than Thanos.

Although technically, this would only suggest that Thanos’ dura isn’t incomparable to Carol’s AP, his AP seems pretty incomparable to Carol’s durability since she no-sold his headbutt

Last edited:
I just had a thought about Thanos "overpowering" her in the barn scene. During that scene, she wasn't flying, and she wasn't glowing all that brightly. Meanwhile, when she overpowers Thanos later on, she is able to fly, which would allow her to use more of her strength/power, rather than limiting it to one leg like in the barn scene.

With all the statements from editors, official sources and even the script for Endgame itself it’s safe to say that I agree with OP.

Last edited:

It’s a wrap. At this point you just gotta hate Carol’s guts if you wanna call Thanos stronger 😭

MCU fans don’t get mad at an actor who had nothing to do with how their character was written challenge (impossible)
Also the fact that the CRT couldn’t even be happy with just Thanos being stronger, every single other Post-Awakening character had to be stronger too but also simultaneously piggy back off HER feats 😭😭

Some people here have expressed their desire to make this a discussion rule, so I made this draft:

Refrain from making threads to scale Thanos above Captain Marvel. It was proven many times already that she never absorbed energy from the Infinity Stones, and confirmed twice by WoG to be so powerful that she had to be sidelined for plot progression.

Last edited:
@Valiant_Abyss can you post the relevant threads please?

@Valiant_Abyss can you post the relevant threads please?
I found this
This

And here’s one of the threads debunking the energy absorption stuff

Well atleast it’s an actual direct statement

Here's my draft:
*Do not attempt to dispute [[Captain Marvel (Marvel Cinematic Universe)|Captain Marvel]] scaling above [[Thanos (Marvel Cinematic Universe)|Thanos]] using the argument that she only managed to overpower him by absorbing energy from the [[Infinity Gauntlet (Marvel Cinematic Universe)|Infinity Gauntlet]]. Jeff Ford, an editor for ''Avengers: Endgame'', has [https://www.cbr.com/endgame-thanos-captain-marvel-moment-rewrite/ explicitly stated] that Carol is too powerful for Thanos to fight, and [[vsforum:threads/114134|nothing]] [[vsforum:threads/162063|indicates]] that Carol was absorbing energy from the Infinity Stones.

@M3X_2.0 If you can link all the above relevant threads and the article in your draft, I can tag Qawsedf and some other admins to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back