• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

these profiles need changes bc they still have high 6-a

Feats in the actual material would prioritized over director statements; going by how physics works, Thor’s Durability must be comparable to his Striking Strength in order for him to withstand his own attacks, so we know he can survive kiloton/megaton explosions.

Iron Man also has a laser that equates 47.8 Megatons of TNT, and Thanos withstood the power surge from the Gauntlet that was equivalent to over 5000 megatons, so we know megatons aren’t “too powerful” for the characters.
But if they’re saying, “our characters die to large nukes,” that’s the intent for their characters level. Plus, so much of the calculations that are present here make soooo many assumptions. Clear cut statement from the person who created the character will always trump calcs with assumptions at their core and throughout it. Iron Man’s laser is all over the place in terms of its level (statements and visuals). The scene with the snaps power always seemed like it dispersed that power throughout the universe, not that it was directed onto Thanos. It makes sense when you consider the visuals of the scene.

Regardless, we know they said they die to a large nuke and used a kiloton level nuke because that seemed within their realm to survive. Period. 😂

No way this guy us still yapping... he's gonna keep derailing with very senseless arguments, let's just keep things on track and finish this up
If someone feels that they have something of worth to say, that’s within their rights. I hope you don’t have issues with someone challenging you irl🤣. And it’s not derailing since it pertains to the discussion at hand.

And it’s not derailing since it pertains to the discussion at hand.
Well, sorta. Your proposal is that the characters shouldn't be Tier 6. Which is fine, but this thread is about returning them to where they were at and changing CM.

A total verse downgrade would be a different thread topic wise. Since it also effects people unrelated to this CRT.

Firstly, why do you think I gave two images, one from space and one from the near (relatively speaking) the ground? It was specifically to account for the perspective of the first image.
It really just indicates that the perspective is all over the place. From space though, the sun is small. Do you realize how close their star is if it’s that large from that distance above the planet? Anything remotely the size and temperature of our sun is scorching that planet.
Honestly, I don't think you know anything about perspective at all. We can see Hala's Sun in high detail here (with sunspots and such being directly visible). If it was less than a few miles across, do you realise how close it'd have to be to Hala (an Earth-like, self gravitating planet) for a shot like that to be possible, let alone for orbital mechanics like this to work?
You don’t. Because how did you post those shots and thought the perspective lined up?
For reference, these are Deimos and Phobos from Mars' surface. These moons are both over a dozen kilometres across and thousands of kilometres from Mars' surface. By your own logic, you'd be able to see Hala in basically any of the shots opposite to CM's perspective as she's flying to the sun, but you can't.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Hala’s sun appears closer in the shots you showed me. So I don’t think this really helps your case at all.

All your last statement proves is that they didn’t pay attention to details. 🤭
Secondly, you can see entire cities and the curvature of Hala. Even if she's half-way across that altitude in either image, 'close' is many, many kilometres.

Lastly, I'm not discussing size, or the size threshold needed to give off light, I'm discussing apparent size. This is a bus from the Empire State building observatory. You can see why I'm saying Carol is so bright that she appears to be considerably more than 6 metres wide, right?

In the first 3 panels, yes. That's why I gave more than 3 panels.

You ******* see it get larger and brighter. I don't know how you can just look at visual evidence and deny it.
It doesn’t seem any larger or brighter after the close shots.
He's including people like Rocket Racoon, Star Lord, Spider-Man and Cap in the first statement. Thor has survived worse, and certainly done worse, than what we see in this video.
But Thor was still there… so Thor is included. Thor hasn’t verifiably (without using calcs that apply real world rules that are not observed in the film) survived anything beyond nuke level. I mean, him and (I forget Thor 2’s villain) were making shockwaves with their combined might that were city block level. Don’t acknowledge visuals one time but not any others.
Other than that, we don't know what the 'much bigger' nuke that would've killed them all entails because nobody on the actual MCU team (just the Corridor Crew editors) gave an example in the video. For all we know, he could be referring to something like this.
We know it wasn’t mountain, island, or continent level. It was within the level to create that crater.
This is just unimaginable cap. If the movie is telling us to believe something, I'm going to believe it well before I believe whatever goonery you're spouting.

Firstly, those are Kree spaceships. IIRC, we don't even know how durable they are when they're fully operational/shielded in a combat situation.
I wasn’t trying to say it was her cap, I honestly didn’t change my original statement. The statement only proves the fireballs we see are not feats from her.
Secondly, the fact that CM destroyed them by causing internal mechanisms to explode isn't even an anti-feat. The same supervisor also states that she went through the ships 'like a hot knife through butter', so the damage she caused doesn't represent some kind of limit for her.

Third, she massacred the Sanctuary II like it was nothing at a lesser power level, and flew through Kree missiles that are explicitly (and demonstrably) planet sterilizers. Who the hell cares that CM didn't pop a few Kree ships?

Well, sorta. Your proposal is that the characters shouldn't be Tier 6. Which is fine, but this thread is about returning them to where they were at and changing CM.

A total verse downgrade would be a different thread topic wise. Since it also affects people unrelated to this CRT.
A total verse downgrade would be sooo much work. Even if I was right without a shadow of a doubt, idk if I’d propose everyone be downgraded.

Iron Man also has a laser that equates 47.8 Megatons of TNT, and Thanos withstood the power surge from the Gauntlet that was equivalent to over 5000 megatons, so we know megatons aren’t “too powerful” for the characters.
Also, the guidebooks say the Extremitis soldiers(?) are capable of heating up to 1500 degrees I believe it was Celsius. They instantly sliced through and melted Tony’s armors. 47.8 megatons would vaporize that metal.

Do you realize how close their star is if it’s that large from that distance above the planet? Anything remotely the size and temperature of our sun is scorching that planet.
The sun (not even its luminosity) has about the same angular size as a full moon.

Look, I can accept Hala's sun being closer/smaller than ours, I just think the figures you gave are ludicrous.
You don’t. Because how did you post those shots and thought the perspective lined up?
That's not why I posted those. I know the perspective doesn't line up (which it wouldn't anyway, because they're different angles of the planet). It changes relative to the horizon from many kilometres up in a way that makes sense. If it was so close and so small, this kind of angle from this kind of perspective would impossible.
All your last statement proves is that they didn’t pay attention to details. 🤭
That's a very good argument against your entire point, actually.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Hala’s sun appears closer in the shots you showed me.
I don't see how it's bigger, but idk, we can just agree to disagree here.
Thor hasn’t verifiably (without using calcs that apply real world rules that are not observed in the film) survived anything beyond nuke level.
Fair enough if that's what you mean.

Anyway, I really don't think we're gonna get anywhere with this, and I have other threads ongoing, so I'm going to stop arguing about this point.

Last edited:
Also, the guidebooks say the Extremitis soldiers(?) are capable of heating up to 1500 degrees I believe it was Celsius. They instantly sliced through and melted Tony’s armors. 47.8 megatons would vaporize that metal.
I didn't see this before.

Firstly, heat what up to 1,500 degrees? Their chemically/technologically altered bodies, steel, the Shroud of Turin? Different objects have different heat capacity (i.e, by mass, aluminium has 4.4 times the heat capacity of antimony at close to 0 degrees), meaning even two objects with equal mass will have different enthalpy values if they're brought to the same temperature.

Secondly, palladium, titanium and platinum all have melting points above 1,500 degrees C. So, even if you were right, the guide is wrong.

Lastly, even though I think Tony's ratings in the Mk 8-44 are too high, they certainly aren't and don't scale to 47.8 megatons.

Last edited:
This is presumably the statement being referred to (from The Wakanda Files):

p3m8Cgo.png

The movie establishes that Extremis users that overload and explode generate heat of over 3000 degrees Celsius in the blast.

Last edited:
That's what you're proposing here though. Since you're arguing they should be in the kiloton to megaton range.
True. But it’s up to anyone that would want to do it. 😂

I was largely posting because I just don’t think the assessments here take everything into account.

Why on Earth would you do that?
Mainly for the other reasons I outlined.
If someone is taking note of something, why would they notate the least impressive finding?
We literally don't know anything about the context of the assessment, except that they were experimental. I'd hardly say it's an actual limit for someone like Kilian or Savin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back