• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best defense a character can have for scaling is variable output, like Hulk. I used to reason that Carol has been getting stronger over time, but then she splits a black hole in the credits, so I guess not. Some book for people who are learning English says it seemed as if Thanos' strength doubled when he threw Carol away, and that their strength was even when she was keeping his fingies apart. I used to reason (somewhat do still) that Carol used her flight to leverage Thanos down. His legs are just consistantly garbage, with Thor forcing the taller grape down to his knees while only slowly over powering his one arm. Thanus skipped leg day.
That's a lot of assumptions to make when a simple "Varies, up to High 6-B+" could solve Carol's AP problem

Doubt Kevin Feige even remembers that Dormamu and Celestials are a thing and they barely even are, they appeared for a scene and disappeared.

Option 2 assumes she that she absorbes energy from the gaunlet its better to say "with energy manipulation" because regardless of having absorbed or not she used energy manipulation to amp herself and become stronger.

Probably the best one is (varies) she is like that in the comics too and she varies in power depending on how much energy she is using, since the MCU apparently doesnt actually put any difference between "base" and "binary" it can be assumed to be just different levels of energy being used

Probably the best one is (varies) she is like that in the comics too and she varies in power depending on how much energy she is using, since the MCU apparently doesnt actually put any difference between "base" and "binary" it can be assumed to be just different levels of energy being used
Actually I checked the Endgame script to see if there was anything that could help Carol in this CRT and for the final battle she was confirmed to be in binary so idk if that helps or not

Actually I checked the Endgame script to see if there was anything that could help Carol in this CRT and for the final battle she was confirmed to be in binary so idk if that helps or not
Even assuming the scrip is reliable it doesnt change anything like i said the difference between Binary and base is just amount of energy used, comics became pretty confusing, Binary and base are pretty much the same thing.

If I'm not mistaken, Infinity War and Endgame, having been made concurrently, were worked on before CM. The script is almost never the final product, which leads obviously leads to discrepancies. Carol never glows her eyes in Endgame, but she does when in combat in her solo film. She also glows her eyes when reignited Hala's sun, I think.

Option 4 (Varies) looks to be the best one but I think to maybe clarify how she compares to other characters her AP justification should mention that even while tired Thanos was still stronger than Mark 80 Iron Man, Thor, etc.

Also doesn’t The Marvels kinda confirm that her level of power varies anyways? That would make Option 4 more accurate by default.

Option 4 (Varies) looks to be the best one but I think to maybe clarify how she compares to other characters her AP justification should mention that even while tired Thanos was still stronger than Mark 80 Iron Man, Thor, etc.
Tired Thanos also damaged Iron Man with an elbow after none of his earlier blows or Thors batter batter damaged him.

Because it looks funny
Tired Thanos also damaged Iron Man with an elbow
Because it was a blow to his exposed 9-B Durability head
Thanos even with stormbreaker on his chest scales to large country for handling the energy of the infinity gaunlet power surge
That's literally not what it means. It's just a Durability justification stating that Thanos took the power surge while extremely wounded by Stormbreaker.
tired thanos
and wounded. Dude was even utterly overpowered and brutally stomped by Scarlet Witch and could have been killed by her if he didn't Rain Fire

Haven't checked through the whole OP but could I offer an option 5?

The only time we see Carol overpower Thanos is in this glowey state

We see her enter this state a total of two times in Endgame

Once when she destroys sanctuary 2 in her initial arrival

And the other of course when she begins to overpower Thanos after initially being overpowered

So whats special about this?

What's special is in the first instance of the glowey state she's stated in the script to have gone Binary

It even explicitly states that she glows brighter when it happens

Thus I propose "High 6-B, higher with Binary"

Thanos even tired had no mortal wound and the infinity war thanos also fought non stop for a long time from titan to wakanda.
Scarlet witch could have killed Thanos sure so what? If im almost falling off a building but got saved that doesnt mean i'm weaker than if i had a mortal wound

I guess that counts as well but it doesn't detract since she overpowers and knocks him down in that moment before she stops using it for some reason

It seems to be something she has to build up to and something she can get knocked out of

Thanos even tired had no mortal wound and the infinity war thanos also fought non stop for a long time from titan to wakanda.
Scarlet witch could have killed Thanos sure so what? If im almost falling off a building but got saved that doesnt mean i'm weaker than if i had a mortal wound
His body would literally be weaker by virtue of damaged skin and muscles. That means it takes less force to one a wound in a damage area and there's greater strain to use damaged muscles. Wanda was crushing him or pulling him all over.

His body would literally be weaker by virtue of damaged skin and muscles. That means it takes less force to one a wound in a damage area and there's greater strain to use damaged muscles. Wanda was crushing him or pulling him all over.
Scarlet witch damaged Thanos a significant amount but nowhere close to a mortal wound Thanos even after being attacked by scarlet witch he could still fight while in infinity war he instantly run from Thor

I guess that counts as well but it doesn't detract since she overpowers and knocks him down in that moment before she stops using it for some reason

It seems to be something she has to build up to and something she can get knocked out of
She came out of knowere and sneaked a crippled thanos that got up almost immediately.

Plus she’s shown glowing brightly when attacking thanos in endgame and he just shrugs of her hits

(1:57)

He fought Iron man, he fought Doctor Strange he still was fighting atack from scarlet witch and broke vision before getting an attack from Thor thats at least 4 characters who scale as high as Thanos and even vision is country level

Is it just assumed she was draining power from Mar-Vel's ship or was it stated somewhere, because she was also making some power lines in the distance go crazy by just landing near them. I see that they're treated different in the crt, but what is the justification?

Well, yeah. He has an axe in his chest and his arm is screwed up. There's literally no reason to stay.
And by you Thanos was fighting in an even worse state in endgame, and he also loves fighting which is why he didnt turn everyone to pieces and won instantly

First point being what?

She overpowers Thanos when she hits him simple as that

Then she stops glowing when she tries to restrain Thanos and fails

No antifeats
She literally charged him at full power and he shrugged it off then she failed to actually overpower him and needed help

Yes I’m sure she weakened herself agianst the guy that could snap half the universe away

Oh, that's how that works.

Now I can ask if this can get calced. A whole new world is on the horizon.

Haven't checked through the whole OP but could I offer an option 5?

The only time we see Carol overpower Thanos is in this glowey state

We see her enter this state a total of two times in Endgame

Once when she destroys sanctuary 2 in her initial arrival

And the other of course when she begins to overpower Thanos after initially being overpowered

So whats special about this?

What's special is in the first instance of the glowey state she's stated in the script to have gone Binary

It even explicitly states that she glows brighter when it happens
This sounds like Option 2 but replacing "Energy Absorption" with "Binary" or Option 4 but adding some justification for "Varies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back