• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I think this thread can be closed. If Qawsedf has anything to say, he can open the thread again. We wait 48 hours to apply the changes and the discussion rule I think we can apply now?

Thanks. I think this thread can be closed. If Qawsedf has anything to say, he can open the thread again. We wait 48 hours to apply the changes and the discussion rule I think we can apply now?
We wait 48 hours from the inception of this thread. Meaning, 25 hours from now we can close this thread.

“Carol arrives. She grabs the glove, preventing him from closing his fist. He headbutts her… but she doesn’t move. Carol pressed Thanos down but before he falls… Thanos pulls the Power Stone from its housing and punches Carol, sending her flying.” - Official Script, page 133

Nothing about absorbing power from the gauntlet, being hurt by his throw, being weaker than him or anything. Carol is flat out stronger than Thanos and would have took him out with relative ease if he didn’t use the Power Stone.
A notable statement from Endgame editor Jeff Ford:

"Anthony [Russo] came up with the great idea -- this was a reshoot, by the way, at the last minute -- he had the great idea that Thanos pulls the power stone out of the gauntlet, and then he punches her with the raw power stone," he continued. "That is a fantastic use of that prop and that story point, because that’s what you want. And we had to find a way that he could sideline Captain Marvel for a minute, because she’s so powerful, there’s no way to do it."
This alone is more than enough for me to agree with OP and for me to disagree with the notion that Carol ever absorbed energy from the stones to begin with.

Guess this is what happens when you stop overseeing MCU threads for far too long.

I added the rule; someone else should update the profiles. This thread can be closed.

I added the rule; someone else should update the profiles. This thread can be closed.
Alright, I’ll close the thread now. I’ll update Carol’s profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back