• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

I bet you didn't know that Skull Kid can warp all of termina's space and time
thumb_tired-stu-rugrats-know-your-meme-53150099.png

Tears of the Kingdom is only 5 months away so hoping we get a major trailer for it at the game awards tomorrow (None of the trailers so far have really matched the E3 2016 trailer for Breath of the Wild imo)

So, the Zelda Encyclopedia seems to treat the Power Glove and Titan's Mitt as the same things as the Silver and Golden Gauntlets, saying that the names simply change over the eras. Would only be a minor boost to the Power Glove if they truly are the same as the Silver Gauntlets (Both are in the Class K range) but if the Titan's Mitt is really just the Golden Gauntlets with a different name then that's be a huge boost for the mitt's going from Class M to Class T.

BookReaderImages.php

Oh hmm, that does kinda say theyre the same thing and it's just a name shift huh?
As long as it doesn't have anti feats that would place it far lower (Having lower feats doesn't count as an anti-feat, I mean struggling lifting like 1000 tons or some other lower number), I'd be able to agree with that change.
Encyclopedia
Little bit sus thou

As long as it doesn't have anti feats that would place it far lower (Having lower feats doesn't count as an anti-feat, I mean struggling lifting like 1000 tons or some other lower number), I'd be able to agree with that change.
Yeah I can't really think of any anti feats, I would say maybe Link being unable to move while holding the large dark boulders could count as one but then I remembered he can't move while holding the normal light boulders with the Titan's Mitts but can run around carrying the small black rocks that are way heavier than any of the normal boulders so that can be chalked up to the game not wanting Link to carry something that big around.

Little bit sus thou
Fair, can't think of many new things from the encyclopedia that aren't sus

So something I want to bring up. In BOTW after Link is gravely injured, the Master Sword is seen in a damaged state. Though when Zelda places it in its pedestal and Link comes for it a century later, it is back to a pristine condition. Should the sword have regeneration for being able to repair itself or is it too long of a timeframe to be noted on its profile?

So something I want to bring up. In BOTW after Link is gravely injured, the Master Sword is seen in a damaged state. Though when Zelda places it in its pedestal and Link comes for it a century later, it is back to a pristine condition. Should the sword have regeneration for being able to repair itself or is it too long of a timeframe to be noted on its profile?
Yeah it can have regeneration or something, the timeframe doesn't mean it can't be noted on the profile it just wouldn't be combat applicable

Very cool and epic rework for ALTTP Link that I'm working on. Almost finished with the ALTTP stuff besides a couple of things like his other stats besides AP so I'll be moving onto all the stuff from awakening pretty soon. In case anyone is wondering about the High 6-C rating it's because funny sage scaling from OOT makes Twinrova and by extension beast Ganon (Without the TOP) 6 times stronger than the regular Master Sword, will be making a crt 'bout that at some point.

After finishing up the standard equipment section for his ALTTP gear I'm not sure if it looks good having both a gallery for all his equipment as well as all the gifs showing him using all of it right underneath, looks kinda cluttered and tacky now that I've finished and had a good look at it.

I disagree with Something I dunno for Link's Awakening key, the scaling firmly puts him at Something I dunno+

Looks pretty good from a first glance. I agree that making a gallery for every single item and all in use would be too much, the slideshows work far better.

How does the sage scaling work BTW? Genuine curiosity. I barely recall stuff from OoT. Combined power of the sages or such?

Bro are you seriously trying to wank him to Something I dunno+? Unbelievable

Yeah sage scaling works from their combined power. Each one adds their power to Link, and sages like Rauru are stated to be superior to the Master Sword. Twinrova can put up a fight against Link who by the time of their battle has the combined power of the Master Sword and 5 sages, and as shown in oracle of ages/seasons Ganondorf in his beast form is stronger than Twinrova, ALTTP Link fights and beats beast Ganon, bada bing bada boom, he's triple digit gigatons.

Very cool and epic rework for ALTTP Link that I'm working on. Almost finished with the ALTTP stuff besides a couple of things like his other stats besides AP so I'll be moving onto all the stuff from awakening pretty soon. In case anyone is wondering about the High 6-C rating it's because funny sage scaling from OOT makes Twinrova and by extension beast Ganon (Without the TOP) 6 times stronger than the regular Master Sword, will be making a crt 'bout that at some point.

After finishing up the standard equipment section for his ALTTP gear I'm not sure if it looks good having both a gallery for all his equipment as well as all the gifs showing him using all of it right underneath, looks kinda cluttered and tacky now that I've finished and had a good look at it.
Why is beast ganon stronger than twinrova? Include the statement for some enemies being stated by Impa to be stronger than any beast Link has faced in link's awakening

Why is beast ganon stronger than twinrova?
Because he's the true final boss of the oracle games fought after Twinrova, and unless he's got the strongest swords in the game Link can only hurt him with spin attacks while Twinrova can be hurt with his slingshot.

Include the statement for some enemies being stated by Impa to be stronger than any beast Link has faced in link's awakening
? Don't recall Impa mentioning some enemies being stronger than anything Link fought in awakening. Actually there is no version of Impa that ALTTP Link ever even speaks to unless I'm forgetting something.

Bro are you seriously trying to wank him to Something I dunno+? Unbelievable

Yeah sage scaling works from their combined power. Each one adds their power to Link, and sages like Rauru are stated to be superior to the Master Sword. Twinrova can put up a fight against Link who by the time of their battle has the combined power of the Master Sword and 5 sages, and as shown in oracle of ages/seasons Ganondorf in his beast form is stronger than Twinrova, ALTTP Link fights and beats beast Ganon, bada bing bada boom, he's triple digit gigatons.
Wait I thought only Rauru himself was stated to be stronger than the sword, not all the sages. Do you have the link to that? Also its kinda funny that he's stronger than a blade forged from flames of the Golden Goddesses and blessed by Hylia.

? Don't recall Impa mentioning some enemies being stronger than anything Link fought in awakening. Actually there is no version of Impa that ALTTP Link ever even speaks to unless I'm forgetting something.
It wasn't Link's awakening it was oracle of seasons actually. Impa knows that he already went through ALTTP, I don't know if its possible to prove that Impa would be aware of how strong Ganon was though

You also can't even damage the collapsed bones of the skeleton knight and the bomb can just blow it up from what I recall, which could be pretty good for a "higher with bombs" rating. I think that would also imply bombs in some games can be a lot stronger, though

Wait I thought only Rauru himself was stated to be stronger than the sword, not all the sages. Do you have the link to that? Also its kinda funny that he's stronger than a blade forged from flames of the Golden Goddesses and blessed by Hylia.
The other sages are treated as being relative in power to Rauru due to the combined power of all of them being needed to seal Ganon, they needed all 6 sages to yeet him into the dark world. I'd say they're likely weaker due to inexperience but it's not to a major extent. Also yeah it's hilarious that's Rauru is somehow stronger than the Master Sword and the same thing that states that's he's stronger than the blade also says he's superior to time, Low 2-C and Immeasurable Rauru let's go!

scans? I've never heard of this

I posted the scan above Executors comment. Reason for me linking this translation of the japanese version is because the english version of the encyclopedia accidentally says he's still the same person as the one from ALTTP. They make it clear in the original which Link is the same one from another game, while distinct versions of Link get backstories that aren't just "Same as the hero from <Insert Zelda Game here>"

It was a pretty big thing when it was first revealed, albeit like most things from the encyclopedia it got overshadowed by the whole Majora warping the world into Termina bullshit.

I posted the scan above Executors comment. Reason for me linking this translation of the japanese version is because the english version of the encyclopedia accidentally says he's still the same person as the one from ALTTP. They make it clear in the original which Link is the same one from another game, while distinct versions of Link get backstories that aren't just "Same as the hero from <Insert Zelda Game here>"

It was a pretty big thing when it was first revealed, albeit like most things from the encyclopedia it got overshadowed by the whole Majora warping the world into Termina bullshit.
Wtf

Want some thoughts on the GBA exclusive content for ALTTP. In the GBA version of the game he can solve some riddles for the lumberjack that eventually unlocks the hurricane spin, and then there's also the whole palace of the four swords thing you can do after beating Ganon in ALTTP and Vaati in Four Swords.

Not sold on the idea on using anything involving the palace of the four sword, because of how bizarre the whole thing is, like the Four Sword randomly getting split into 4 pieces and somehow ending up inside the pyramid of power, and the whole thing only being done after Link beats Ganon and wishes for everything to go back to normal including the Dark World reverting back to normal since Ganon isn't stinking up the place anymore. But I'm not against the idea of giving Link the hurricane spin since that can be obtained well before Link fights Ganon and doesn't really conflict with anything lore wise, but it does only happen after you complete certain objectives in a completely different game (Albeit nothing is mentioned in the game itself about it, the lumberjack just start giving Link riddles at some point from an in game perspective).

I'll be honest and say that I misread your comment and for reason thought you said you thought he sealed the temple of time lmao

Yeah he just seals the realm so he should get universal range via sealing. Also reminds me that Ganondorf (With the Triforce of Power) needs a resistance to sealing because Rauru could not seal him and needed the power of the other sages to do it, honestly given that their sealing also involves sending him into the Dark World he probably might need resistance to dimensional bfr or something silly like that.

Back