• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halo General Discussion Thread

I mean that Knights can use them, and Chief can use it as a powerup, so I think there is little reason to think the Didact doesn't just have it.

Yeah he should have them, but never used them. Because why would he?

The Storm Covenant were subservient to him. He easily took back control of the Knights. The only person that was actively trying to fight against him in person was Chief.

He easily incapacitated Chief in their first encounter, and would have done so in their second encounter were it not for Cortana's intervention.

I mean that Knights can use them, and Chief can use it as a powerup, so I think there is little reason to think the Didact doesn't just have it.
Hmmm, I suppose so, but tbf, his armor does provide protection and he does have a helmet as well.

Don’t remember it having any personal energy shield, but it is possible he could install a energy shield emitter

Yeah he should have them, but never used them. Because why would he?

The Storm Covenant were subservient to him. He easily took back control of the Knights. The only person that was actively trying to fight against him in person was Chief.

He easily incapacitated Chief in their first encounter, and would have done so in their second encounter were it not for Cortana's intervention.
I've always thought the Didact's ranting, and poor combat performance was a combination of plot, and the effects of the Logic Plague.

I will never forgive that idiot Brian Reed for what he did to not only The Didact, but Halo as a whole.

Proof that he is master chef

178a4fc29339610980333c9c60e00a22.jpg

The Prometheans have them so why wouldn't he be able ti use them. Also can't he straight up just ionize things by gesturing towards them? Pretty sure he did that to the wall Chief was hiding behind.
He did, probably some application of Constraint or Suppressor fields. It was the same effect as the Promethean weapons ionizing things, so I think what that scene showed us was pretty blatant no? I've thought about revisiting the barrier ionization feat, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mark VII Chief has so many new toys to play with that it's ridiculous. That damn grappling hook and energy barrier are broken.
Dropping this for consideration.

Me and @Arc7Kuroi did an all Legendary Campaign-thon throughout all the main Halo games (CE to Infinite) in the past and it was really fun. If anyone has a friend who has the games and hasn't done this before, I highly recommend it. I guarantee you'll enjoy your experience after it's all said and done.

Me and @Arc7Kuroi did an all Legendary Campaign-thon throughout all the main Halo games (CE to Infinite) in the past and it was really fun. If anyone has a friend who has the games and hasn't done this before, I highly recommend it. I guarantee you'll enjoy your experience after it's all said and done.
I wonder if anyone will manage a deathless LASO run of all four games consecutively. That's probably impossible though.

Dropping this for consideration.

Spartan Cores felt weird to me because I never understood how that actually worked.

Back