• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Link Ocarina of Time paralysis resistance

This is how his Deku Nuts paralyse people. They are covered in this blue aura thingy. In a cutscene, Link himself isn't affected when a gerudo uses it, we don't see him turning blue. It might look like he's paralyzed because he didn't move, but he was standing still in that same position right before he got hit, so I doubt he was even affected. Also, he broke out if it instantly, when other enemies in the game don't break out of it that fast

And I'm sure some bosses can resist it, which might grant them a resistance to it too, which we accept as not a game mechanic so tell me in the replies who resist it. This should also apply to majora's mask Link since they're the same person

This is how his Deku Nuts paralyse people. They are covered in this blue aura thingy. In a cutscene, Link himself isn't affected when a gerudo uses it, we don't see him turning blue. It might look like he's paralyzed because he didn't move, but he was standing still in that same position right before he got hit, so I doubt he was even affected. Also, he broke out if it instantly, when other enemies in the game don't break out of it that fast
This is vague is there a statement of him not being affected?

Why do you need a statement if you can clearly see he isn't affected?
I mean this. That's why I asked was it stated that he wasn't affected? It's a cut scene so we don't know what happened in that frame so possibly/likely should be fine.
It might look like he's paralyzed because he didn't move, but he was standing still in that same position right before he got hit, so I doubt he was even affected. Also, he broke out if it instantly, when other enemies in the game don't break out of it that fast

I don't know. In the cutscene, the Gerudo girl seems to be using the Deku Nut more like a stun grenade, hitting the floor with it instead of hitting Link directly with the Deku Nuts.

I don't know. In the cutscene, the Gerudo girl seems to be using the Deku Nut more like a stun grenade, hitting the floor with it instead of hitting Link directly with the Deku Nuts.
The deku nut doesn't even need to hit enemies directly to paralyze them

Back