• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Tylo brah just actually read the crt it literally maybe 2 minutes tops

So a recently translated Famitsu interview with Hidemaro Fujibayashi was posted on reddit which has some interesting things mentioned, such as the story theme, creation of the Depths, and the timeline placement, which they see the founding of Hyrule as following the destruction of the original. So looks like the Hyrule seen in ToTK is a refounding.

Makes sense, we know past games like OOT are still notable events in history (Esspeically to the Zora) so the only way to line that up with Ganondorf being sealed away since the beginning of the kingdoms life is for it to be a refounding after the last one was destroyed. Wouldn't be the first time as shown by the adult timeline.

Makes sense, we know past games like OOT are still notable events in history (Esspeically to the Zora) so the only way to line that up with Ganondorf being sealed away since the beginning of the kingdoms life is for it to be a refounding after the last one was destroyed. Wouldn't be the first time as shown by the adult timeline.

True. But it’d would have been nice if there was an offhand mention about it. Instead the game kept pushing and insisting that Rauru was the first, this is the founding. If it was like Spirit Tracks where they mention this is a refounding after it’s destruction there probably would have been less confusion.

Yeah I think a small statement would've been fine, maybe just a small bit about a kingdom before the one Rauru and Sonia founded because the amount of people that thought that the new games are either a new timeline or that the original Ganondorf was basically a phantom ganon for TOTK Ganondorf was insane.

Also does anyone know of any characters I can throw TOTK Ganondorf up against once his profile is published (Been thinking about funny a thread where he fights Garou could be)

Just noticed BOTW Link has straight up FTL reactions when he should have relativistic to FTL reactions. For some reason the profile treats him as having his enhanced FTL focused speed 100% of the time in combat.

Can't tell but is the relativistic calc here for his normal speed or when in his focused state?

There's also this but it hasn't been accepted yet. Even without those calcs Link and Ganondorf should downscale from the FTL stuff anyway, Ganondorfs base reactions would need to be comparable given he's able to react to the Flurry Rush and enhance his focus fast enough in order to do dodge it.

Can't tell but is the relativistic calc here for his normal speed or when in his focused state?

There's also this but it hasn't been accepted yet. Even without those calcs Link and Ganondorf should downscale from the FTL stuff anyway, Ganondorfs base reactions would need to be comparable given he's able to react to the Flurry Rush and enhance his focus fast enough in order to do dodge it.
That calc seems fine and I suppose his focused state since its when you draw a bow midair and bullet time

Apparently the Master Sword actually got nerfed in TotK.
Yeah this has been pretty well known for a while now, it's done to give more incentive to the fusing mechanic so outside of the actual final boss the sword isn't particularly useful to use especially with how quickly it loses energy.

So what is with the whole "Light Force has infinite power" thing? Does it apply to AP, and if so wouldn't Vaati somewhat scale to it?

At best it's an infinite source of energy and would give that little purple freak infinite stamina, could also just be hyperbole to describe it being really strong (Which is funny because it and Vaati are like, mid tier in the verse, unironically outdone by a sword some old man in a graveyard has)

mmmm I don't know about that one chief, especially since never gains the full Light Force so by accounts he doesn't have access to infinite energy since he only got a finite part of it.

Last edited:
mmmm I don't know about that one chief, especially since never gains the full Light Force so by accounts he doesn't have access to infinite energy since he only got a finite part of it.
Getting a finite part of something that is infinite, would still be infinite no?

I mean I doubt that shit's even infinite in the first place, he was gonna fully drain it from Zelda if he wasn't interrupted. Plus ignoring that there's still the issue of if it being stated to have infinite power is in reference to it providing infinite energy or if it's just a way to hype up how strong it is.

Getting a finite part of something that is infinite, would still be infinite no?
No
Q: What is the Tier for possessing Infinite Power or Infinite Strength?
A: Statements regarding infinite power, infinite strength, or unlimited quantities do not automatically indicate an ability to produce an infinite amount of energy at once. For example, a power source that never depletes could have an infinite quantity of energy, but can't necessarily be wielded with infinite magnitude (not all at once). Statements involving "infinite power/strength" must be clearly indicative of magnitude to qualify for tiering, in order to avoid inflated ratings or inconsistencies in a story. Further, the hyperbolic nature of the phrase must be taken into consideration, where characters are prone to describing someone's power as infinite in a context where it is so great as to be insurmountable from their perspective, but not truly infinite in a manner relevant to their tier. If proven, however, statements of infinite strength would qualify for High 3-A or higher if evidence regarding a higher degree of infinity above baseline is established.

Makes sense I guess, secret stone amps are crazy like that Triforce of Power Ganondorf wishes he had the same power as these stones

Granted in terms of previous Zeldas she uh, doesn't have a whole lot of competition given most of them aren't really that strong. I think before BOTW/TOTK Zelda the only princess that goes above tier 8 is OOT Zelda (She's hard carried by sage scaling tho). I guess TP Zelda and WW Zelda have High 6-A weapons but they only use those for like 2 minutes.

Makes sense I guess, secret stone amps are crazy like that Triforce of Power Ganondorf wishes he had the same power as these stones

Granted in terms of previous Zeldas she uh, doesn't have a whole lot of competition given most of them aren't really that strong. I think before BOTW/TOTK Zelda the only princess that goes above tier 8 is OOT Zelda (She's hard carried by sage scaling tho). I guess TP Zelda and WW Zelda have High 6-A weapons but they only use those for like 2 minutes.
We gotta make em fight after revisions 😈

Yeah it's the Weapon that kills Crenando we ain't rating it town level.

Like, even if we go with it only being 5-A in Ganondorf's presence and rated it lower in normal circumstances (Even ignorning it scaling to the sages) it'd still be at least 7-B since it's way stronger than it was at the end of BOTW / start of TOTK

Back