• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Dalesean027

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter

Hello people welcome as of today we just got the new trailer for the next LEGEND OF ZELDA GAME TITLED TEARS OF THE KINGDOM and holy ***** beautiful, this is a place to discuss all things legend of Zelda not just this new title since I looked and as far as I could see there's no such discussion thread

Was gonna say we already have a general discussion thread but it's dead as hell so may as well start a new one. The engraving shown at the start of the trailer is giving me massive Majora & Fused Shadow vibes with how the eyes and general design looks.

Was gonna say we already have a general discussion thread but it's dead as hell so may as well start a new one. The engraving shown at the start of the trailer is giving me massive Majora & Fused Shadow vibes with how the eyes and general design looks.
Link? I couldn't find it.

Was gonna say we already have a general discussion thread but it's dead as hell so may as well start a new one.
Whoops lol but in that case I suppose it's not so bad I started this one
The engraving shown at the start of the trailer is giving me massive Majora & Fused Shadow vibes with how the eyes and general design looks.
That's interesting I'm already seeing people throw out plenty of theories and say stuff like this may show hyrule in a dark light with past transgressions or something

Oh damn it looks good and also damn really
Yeah really, for some reason when they made the Hyrule Historia they decided to drop the fact that he has power greater than the Master Sword (And also time but that's obviously hyperbole lol). The fact he's superior to the Master Sword is also gonna lead to some upgrades, a lot of Island level+ characters are gonna be varying degrees of Large Island level when I get around to it.

Whoops lol but in that case I suppose it's not so bad I started this one

That's interesting I'm already seeing people throw out plenty of theories and say stuff like this may show hyrule in a dark light with past transgressions or something
Where you seeing that?

Last edited:
Just noticed that both the trailer and official boxart show that not only is the crater beneath the floating Hyrule castle flowing with Malice (Which we already knew) but there's also large amounts of malice flowing out of Death Mountain.

Calling it now, Tears of the Kingdom is gonna end with Ganon cracking open all of Hyrule with his malice.

Just gonna quickly post his here, but assuming the other 5 sages are comparable to Rauru some new scaling for the series would look like this:

Adult Link (Just with the Master Sword): 59 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Rauru's power: 118 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Saria's power: 177 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Darunia's power: 236 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Ruto's power: 295 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Impa's power: 354 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Nabooru's power: 413 Gigatons
Respective OOT bosses scale to whatever point Link is at by their fight (Volvagia would be 177 Gigatons, also scales back to AOL Link, Bongo Bongo would be 295 Gigatons), this also makes Ganondorf's low end (With the Triforce of Power) High 6-C instead of 6-C, his base form also get a High 6-C in his beast form (Scales to Twinrova in that state). There's more to this than that (Wanna make Calamity Ganon High 6-C for being 4 times stronger than his blights, this eventually scales back to Demise and Hylia, etc...).

Of course it'll be a while before the CRT for this stuff is made

I'm thinking of replaying MM or TP next month.
If I do I'll gather scans and abilities and what not for the relevant lads.

MM and TP characters could def use more scans and abilities, especially peeps like Majora because I know for a fact he's missing a shit ton of stuff

Also mentioning it here
Paralysis Inducement (His bolts in OoT electrify and stun either him or Link briefly when struck, like some pokemon shit, already has it, but I'd slap this method into the justification as just another method he can use to get it)

Shockwave Generation (Can use shockwaves to attack in a AoE and drop the steel plates in OoT) (Add footage).

And maybe minor homing attack (his multi burst move actually seems to loosely home in toward Link, curving toward him, see toward end of above link)

Also, could maybe slap Large size Type 0 for Ganon, he's 11' in OOT allegedly (Scaling off his own height ironically. TP Beast Ganon is slightly larger so him too ig).

You could also probably slap selective intangibility or something onto TP Ganon, when he breaks down into particles he can phase through objects and the like, as seen when he passes through Midna to get to Zelda. Though he already has it in his base key so it might be redundant, even though the method is different.

Shockwave Generation is something he doesn't have at all though so probably good to add that.

(Damage Boost is used for Charged attacks, so could probably slap that on Ganon too).
MM and TP characters could def use more scans and abilities, especially peeps like Majora because I know for a fact he's missing a shit ton of stuff
Was almost 100% gonna do MM, I've been thinking of doing Skull Kid and adding refs and scans and shit to him. But I also kinda wanted to play TP since I play MM every year and it's been awhile for TP, but I'll move TP back to new year ig.
So I guess I'll do Skull Kid and MM Link.

"I have no record of this place. Analysis suggests this is a space created by the powerful magic of Demise. That may be the reason you can't use your Skyward Strike here."

Mentioned it in the old thread, but the above is a neat little thing I found in the Skyward Sword text dump a while ago, tried finding footage of it online but nobody triggers this specific dialogue in the fight with Demise. I was planning on playing the game since I wanna brush up on all the Zelda titles I haven't played in a while before Tears of the Kingdom comes out so I'll nab some footage of this when I spam Fi during the Demise fight, nice confirmation that the realm you fight him in was actually created by his magic.

Iirc that's only in the ENG text dump, I recall that being debated here before and it's why we don't use that feat as a tier 4 feat like Majora's realm.
But 'll try to check.

iirc the main thing debated about Demise was the line where he says he'd prepare a place to fight Link, which in the original japanese version was just him saying he'd fight Link somewhere else, don't think the line of Fi saying she'd deduced he created the realm with his magic was ever brought up. I was planning on checking for the japanese version myself but I have no idea where I'd look in the text dump for whatever Fi said about the realm.

Also speaking of Demise, little rework of his profile I've been working on, ignore the High 6-C stuff that's for later.

Perhaps, in that case it's a matter of checking some jap playthroughs and let's play till someone proc's Fi. I'll look through a few in a bit.

Do we treat the SS Manga as canon? (The manga in the HH). There's a few discrepancies from the game itself, but if memory serves that's because it was written before the game was finished. So we could just handwave those details, assuming we want to treat it as canon.

I say this because Demise vaporizes some mountains in it iirc, could be a ok supporting feat.

I'm not sure how we treat the SS manga, I think we used some stuff from it in our old composite Zelda profile so maybe we treat it as canon?

The quote seems to be an area analysis when you look at the map with Fi or something.

Needless to say, literally nobody is doing that in that fight, and I looked through about 20 jap streams and playlists, a few have Fi called out to scan Demise himself, but not the area.

We'd probably have to find a japanese text dump, unfortunately, I'm not sure what they call text dumps over there, because just typing in ゼルダの伝説スカイウォードソード followed by various words for text and script doesnt bring up anything beyond some guides and the like.

Just found out we have a profile for the playable avatar characters from the Satellaview sequel to ALTTP, and wow it is outdated.

Even ignoring that we don't have the High 6-A stats for Master Sword level characters anymore, I don't know why they'd be scaled to any feats that happen in games released after ALTTP given that this game isn't canon afaik, should probably scale to High 7-A and Massively Hypersonic since I think those are the best feats (Besides full Triforce shenanigans) at the time of the games release.

Oh yeah also Majora and FD Link will be probably get yeeted down from High 4-C to just 4-C, seems like pocket reality feats involving a sun are getting downgraded form 8 foe to 270 tenatons

Oh yeah also Majora and FD Link will be probably get yeeted down from High 4-C to just 4-C, seems like pocket reality feats involving a sun are getting downgraded form 8 foe to 270 tenatons
Ah yeah I saw they're just star level now

Yeah, I seen KLOL mention it and inquired with him. I'm not sure if I can pull something out of my ass to replace it though, (not like it really matters, ultimate it doesn't change anything).

Well, there's a few things but they made me unreasonably angry so **** em.

Also Ganon and friends storm feats might be dropped down by a good 40% as well due to revisions, but in the case of those, I'm pretty sure just swapping out a higher instability would fix that, given I'm pretty sure they qualify for some excessively violent storms, at least Vaati's anyway.
There's also the Demise manga feats, fissure and misc stuff that we should probably do as bit feats just to have (rough numbers on Demise gave me like 7-A for the fissure iirc). We can also do PE for Hyrule Castle in TOTK, though I don't expect it to be beyond 7-C.

Also Ganon and friends storm feats might be dropped down by a good 40% as well due to revisions, but in the case of those, I'm pretty sure just swapping out a higher instability would fix that, given I'm pretty sure they qualify for some excessively violent storms, at least Vaati's anyway.
Storm feats getting a nerf too huh? Don't know what instability would be used for Vaati's storm, but the 5.89 and 8 kj/kg ends get 86.88 and 118 gigatons respectively, obviously not accounting for the potential 40% dip, so he likely won't be too far off from his current 59 gigatons rating.

Storm feats getting a nerf too huh? Don't know what instability would be used for Vaati's storm, but the 5.89 and 8 kj/kg ends get 86.88 and 118 gigatons respectively, obviously not accounting for the potential 40% dip, so he likely won't be too far off from his current 59 gigatons rating.
Basically what I was thinking, zelda storm feats ultimately not gonna change much. Plus there's others too that can be calced.
In fact there's probably some tier 6 nonstorm feats, but don't quote me on that, I'm not sure yet I gotta run values.

I ran the numbers on that back when we were doing the whole verse overhaul AP ratings, iirc it was like 7-Aish based on BOTW's map. Which might line up with Demise vaporizing mountains in the manga.

Nope, we could though, it would be easy with the right shots, but that video is a tad tough.
Who wants to bite the bullet and emulate it to get good scaling shots?

Well if my laptop didn't bite the dust last week I could've done it, but I doubt I could emulate pong on the backup laptop I'm using let alone Phantom Hourglass

Did anyone calc ganondorfs malice lifting hyrule cast and a big chunk of land too in one of the tears of the kingdom trailers?also i need this question answered why would link scale to majoras large star value if he is shown being killled by the moon falling (which is multi continetal if i remember correctly)and since ap=dura thsi woudlnt make sense

I was waiting to see if anything else happens with Malice, atm that feat is just low tier 7, wouldn't be any higher.

AP =/= Dura. You can be a glass cannon.
But that's because Link doesn't scale to Majora's High 6-A moon drop, only The Fierce Deity scales to Majora's full power (Coincidentally, Majora itself can tank the moon drop and emerge from the flames unharmed), Child Link scales literally hundreds of thousands of times below that.

I was waiting to see if anything else happens with Malice, atm that feat is just low tier 7, wouldn't be any higher.

AP =/= Dura. You can be a glass cannon.
But that's because Link doesn't scale to Majora's High 6-A moon drop, only The Fierce Deity scales to Majora's full power (Coincidentally, Majora itself can tank the moon drop and emerge from the flames unharmed), Child Link scales literally hundreds of thousands of times below that.
Ohh i assumed that kid link woudl be teh one scaling since he can also kill manora but ig were using the mangas narrative ig? Tho doesnt fierce diety link die anyways from the moon drop or is it just him being a glass cannon

Ohh i assumed that kid link woudl be teh one scaling since he can also kill manora but ig were using the mangas narrative ig? Tho doesnt fierce diety link die anyways from the moon drop or is it just him being a glass cannon
We're not using the manga narrative we're only using the game, the Hyrule Historia confirms that Link uses the fierce deity mask to clap Majora during the events of the game (And even without that statement, him turning into the fierce deity is the only logical way he would've beaten Majora given how the game portrays the gap in power between them normally)

Fierce Deity Link never dies to the moon drop on account of him beating the shit out of Majora before the moon drop can happen

We're not using the manga narrative we're only using the game, the Hyrule Historia confirms that Link uses the fierce deity mask to clap Majora during the events of the game (And even without that statement, him turning into the fierce deity is the only logical way he would've beaten Majora given how the game portrays the gap in power between them normally)

Fierce Deity Link never dies to the moon drop on account of him beating the shit out of Majora before the moon drop can happen
Okay tysm for explaining

Back