• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Just a quick question, but shouldn't the Links have Immortality type 4 on their profiles for having the spirit of the hero? I remember even making a question thread about it.

Yeah they should have it, won't be hard to add since AOL Link has it and the justifications so it'd just be a matter of slapping that into the other profiles too

I'll quickly make a CRT to add the immortality, even though I'd like to just go and add it to all the Links I don't want staff up my ass for adding it without a CRT

Why doesn't the Triforce of Power scale to Majora's Tier 4 feat, but scales to the Giants?
I think it comes down to the gap between the feats, it's a lot easier to accept the Triforce of Power which has it's feats (Well, feats done by characters empowered by it or comparable to it) being tier 6 scaling to the giants who are also tier 6 (Albeit a lot higher into it) then scaling it to a dude that can nuke the sun outta existence, jumping from tier 6 to higher into tier 6 is easier to shallow than jumping from tier 6 all the way to tier 4.

Although our current justifcation for the Triforce of Power being possibly High 6-A scaling to the giants isn't, well, very good. We just say it scales to them because it should just scale to them basically without any evidence to back it up.

Wow our profiles for the golden goddesses are pretty cringe, AP ratings are fine for the most part (Except for the part saying they created the downfall timeline) but everything else is shit.

Also is there a good place to find high quality scans of the manga? Would be cool to make profiles for that continuity at some point

Looks good, but in other news, it's come to my attention Link MM has a huge lack of citations, probably gonna fix that, lots of his abilities need scans and elaboration.
We also need to figure out what type of stuff the ToC protects against and detail it

it's come to my attention Link MM has a huge lack of citations, probably gonna fix that, lots of his abilities need scans and elaboration
It's not just MM Link, most of 'em have a severe lack of citations (Most villains in the series too). Planning on working on ALTTP Link myself pretty soon.

Hmm ok, well I'll tackle MM then at least, I downloaded the most important event of our lifetime the other day (would've started by now but >24gb, needed to make space) so should start as soon as I'm off for a day or two.

I, too, remember when the full Triforce failed to output the same amount of energy as Ganon levitating his whole ass castle by merely existing in OOT.
That isn't even a joke, the energy to sustain the kingdom of Lorule divided by a century is barely even above 8-A, it'd actually be less as Lorule still existed after the proposed timeframe given

I, too, remember when the full Triforce failed to output the same amount of energy as Ganon levitating his whole ass castle by merely existing in OOT.
That isn't even a joke, the energy to sustain the kingdom of Lorule divided by a century is barely even above 8-A, it'd actually be less as Lorule still existed after the proposed timeframe given
The Gohma from Wind Waker solos the full Triforce tbh

Even if we take Glass at face value and treat it as a anti-feat, it'd be a anti-feat for low 2-C, not even 3-A.
Last i checked we didnt rate it as Low 2-C so either way 🥱

In more nonpressing news, have we calced the blizzard over Snowhead?
Vaati having a sustaining feat (lmao) in that upon defeat his castle collapses and Zelda says it was being held together by his magical power and because he died, it's now crumbling?
And is there any Goron LS feats anyone can think of? I'd be willing to calc those, as a few Gorons and Goron Link in need of some LS that isn't just upscaling (There's Fyrus breaking chains but he was amped so I wouldn't count that).

For the blizzard over snowhead I think there's an old calc lying around somewhere that got somewhere in the gigaton range, don't think Vaatis <WORD REDACTED> feat of keeping the castle together was ever calced.

For the gorons, there's a goron in TP that can exert enough force to break a large platform free from it's chains and also tilt it in just by slamming into it (he's in the goron mines I believe), think it could be scaled to lifting strength since the game shows that Gorons can stop and match another goron slamming into them in sumo matches

Hmm, I'll look for that and see if I can do anything with it.

Just gonna quickly post his here, but assuming the other 5 sages are comparable to Rauru some new scaling for the series would look like this:

Adult Link (Just with the Master Sword): 59 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Rauru's power: 118 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Saria's power: 177 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Darunia's power: 236 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Ruto's power: 295 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Impa's power: 354 Gigatons
  • After obtaining Nabooru's power: 413 Gigatons
Depending on how the funny light arrows and giants scaling goes we could end up with this instead

Adult Link: 161.5 Petatons
  • After obtaining Rauru's power: 323 Petatons
  • After obtaining Saria's power: 484.5 Petatons
  • After obtaining Darunia's power: 646 Petatons
  • After obtaining Ruto's power: 807.5 Petaatons
  • After obtaining Impa's power: 969 Petatons
  • After obtaining Nabooru's power: 1.1305 Exatons
lmao

They add their power to his own, power as in, y'know, strength and all that good stuff, not powers as in their magic abilities. Nothing implies he gains all their sealing abilities or what have you, he can't even contribute to the rainbow bridge they make to let him stroll into Ganons tower or them sealing Ganon away.

Oh yeah and Hero's Shade should also have the power of the goddesses, or at least 1 goddess, maybe Farore. Rauru should get Low 2-C sealing range for sealing the Sacred Realm. Ganondorf can block Cosmic Awareness. Triforce users should get Awakened Power. The Hero of Time somehow sustains Termina's existence with his heart

They add their power to his own, power as in, y'know, strength and all that good stuff, not powers as in their magic abilities. Nothing implies he gains all their sealing abilities or what have you, he can't even contribute to the rainbow bridge they make to let him stroll into Ganons tower or them sealing Ganon away.
Where does it say just strength? They just say they give him their powers. What rainbow bridge are you talking about? I have no memory of that, can you show me? And he didn't seal Ganon away himself because his job was to damage and immobilize Ganon first

Oh yeah and Hero's Shade should also have the power of the goddesses, or at least 1 goddess, maybe Farore.
This is just referring to him being a bearer (Or I guess in this specific case, previous bearer) of one of the Triforce pieces, not enough to straight up make him multiversal via scaling to one of the goddesses.

This is just blocking telepathy, being able to hear a call from the Sacred Realm is not the same as being aware of pretty much everything happening in the universe

Not really, I don't see anything here that qualifies as awakened power, it's not like the Triforce is bringing out dormant powers it's just giving them those powers.

Chariot is tacking all the whacky shit to do with MM, although this doesn't really mean much besides being some weird attribute of Terminas existence (Or at least the version of Termina Majora makes or whatever? The encyclopedia is ******* weird.

Where does it say just strength? They just say they give him their powers
They say they give him their power (Notice the distinct lack of an S to make the word into powers), add in the fact that at no point does Link ever use or is even slightly implied to be capable of using any of their magical abilities and the obvious conclusion is they just make him jacked instead of giving him abilities he's never shown, said, or implied to have.

What rainbow bridge are you talking about? I have no memory of that, can you show me?
It's what they do right before you head into Ganons castle

And he didn't seal Ganon away himself because his job was to damage and immobilize Ganon first
Yeah? Why didn't he also use his apparent sealing powers that he has to help the sages after he weakened Ganon? Hell why didn't he use his sage abilities to just, I dunno, turn into an orb of light and fly up to Ganons chambers? Link is known to use whatever tools and magic are at his disposal to acheive his goals, kinda weird he had to wait for a magic sage bridge to get into the castle instead of just flying there once he was ready to swap hands with Ganon.

This is just referring to him being a bearer (Or I guess in this specific case, previous bearer) of one of the Triforce pieces, not enough to straight up make him multiversal via scaling to one of the goddesses.
No hold up I misread the statement, it says his soul has the power of the goddess, not goddesses just the goddess, so this is more than likely referring to Hylia and the spirit of the hero being her champion since that's the goddess the hero's spirit is most associated with/where the spirit got it's start from.

Its stated that the Triforce brings out latent power in the scan I sent so its awakened power. Maybe Link just didn't use the sealing, doesn't mean he can't have it

Triforce bringing out latent power along with all the other wacky shit it do I could see tbh. Especially in regards to Ganon.

lmao

I wouldn't mind a 2-C Zelda but this ain't it, too tired to go in depth on the CRT besides a quick refute to the warping the realm argument someone else can talk about the merging statement that we've rejected before.

Just do what the rest of us do and ignore it.

Looks like the cloud revisions went through. Tried my hand at redoing Vaatis storm feat with our new standards and unless I messed up it ranges from 18.18 gigatons (Using the current instability we use for his calc) to 26.78 Gigatons (Using the 5.89 kj/kg instability) to 36.37 Gigatons (Using the highest instability end). So still Island level, just without the +

Why would Link randomly be teleported out of a dimension when Vaati was defeated, maybe Vaati sustains it
thumb_tired-stu-rugrats-know-your-meme-53150099.png

Back