• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halo General Discussion Thread

Here was my personal tier list; though I may have had thoughts and mostly judging how fun the campaigns are rather than side stuff or multiplayers.
1cnUmd84JO3J9ZRXOLC1f977gWQCugFdAKaAW0AloBrYBWQCugFXjrK8BJmv8fPpjmtBXrkHAAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

It's possible I changed my mind in some areas for some, but willing to takes for each.

I know people say CE should be top 3 minimum, but didn't really stick with me as much as it did others. But it was probably the most Jack of All Trades game in the series. I also happened to like Infinite's campaign; mainly because of grappling hook and boss fights. And they finally gave John a short lived redemption after the Post Halo 4 era basically dumping on his character. Halo Wars 2 I also actually liked its story mainly because of Atriox; and it was finally made for the right platform and tried to balance the civilizations more; in Halo Wars 1, UNSC was just too good for Covenant or Flood based on design choices. ODST and Wars 1 had surprisingly underrated characterization. But too bad ODST was too short and easy and Wars was made for the wrong platform; big RTS games were not meant to be on any platform other than Desktops.

And yeah, if only Bethesda (The DOOM team specifically) developed the main shooters and that the Wars series has the OG StarCraft team. Latter definitely will not happen given the Activision Blizzard Controversy.

Here was my personal tier list; though I may have had thoughts and mostly judging how fun the campaigns are rather than side stuff or multiplayers.
1cnUmd84JO3J9ZRXOLC1f977gWQCugFdAKaAW0AloBrYBWQCugFXjrK8BJmv8fPpjmtBXrkHAAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

It's possible I changed my mind in some areas for some, but willing to takes for each.

I know people say CE should be top 3 minimum, but didn't really stick with me as much as it did others. But it was probably the most Jack of All Trades game in the series. I also happened to like Infinite's campaign; mainly because of grappling hook and boss fights. And they finally gave John a short lived redemption after the Post Halo 4 era basically dumping on his character. Halo Wars 2 I also actually liked its story mainly because of Atriox; and it was finally made for the right platform and tried to balance the civilizations more; in Halo Wars 1, UNSC was just too good for Covenant or Flood based on design choices. ODST and Wars 1 had surprisingly underrated characterization. But too bad ODST was too short and easy and Wars was made for the wrong platform; big RTS games were not meant to be on any platform other than Desktops.

And yeah, if only Bethesda (The DOOM team specifically) developed the main shooters and that the Wars series has the OG StarCraft team. Latter definitely will not happen given the Activision Blizzard Controversy.
I heard there was a halo show

It was bad to say the least

Interesting, I've never seen anyone place Infinite above CE. I will say that Infinite was carried by its gameplay IMO.

Of course the whole "10 year plan" from 343I was a lie. Infinite's issues are what happen when you have contractors build a game engine.

I heard there was a halo show

It was bad to say the least
There is, and it is much much worse than you think. In fact it was cancelled relatively recently.

Red vs Blue has… fallen off from the original seasons as I personally dislike how it drags to 10 or more seasons.

It got some darker tones in later seasons, but personally I do think it should ended after 5 or 6 seasons imo
I personally disagree since Seasons 6 to 13 are amazingly written.

Halo 2 been like “Oh hey, btw Arbiter shouldn’t have killed the Heretics”, but oh well. It will been a interesting “What if” timeline where the Arbiter actually was convinced by the Heretic’s leader words
That whole fight could've been avoided if Sesa just let Guilty Spark keep talking to Thel instead of trying to gun him down.

I personally disagree since Seasons 6 to 13 are amazingly written.
I feel like this is subjective as it kinda hits the point “Best to let sleeping dogs lie” as it starts out as a comedy and then proceeded to get some more serious tones. Although it probably was mixed between serious and funny tones in later seasons.

I don't think that's necessarily a fair comparison.
Shooter games giants when at their prime. It was inevitable for a comparison as they are shooter games at their core. Well, COD was more WW Era to Cold War to Modern Era with one or two COD games set in more futuristic settings. Halo and COD were first person shooter games.

I get people not like doing unfair comparisons, but for me, they doing comparisons based on some similarities as well

Last edited:
Shooter games giants when at their prime. It was inevitable for a comparison as they are shooter games at their core. Well, COD was more WW Era to Cold War to Modern Era with one or two COD games set in more futuristic settings. Halo and COD were first person shooter games.

I get people not like doing fair comparisons, but for me, they doing comparisons based on some similarities as well
Back in my day I’d often hear not only about comparisons but also that Rackaracka video about halo vs call of duty

On the positive side I didn’t remember hearing halo kids that much compared to those COD kids

That’s kinda F***** up ngl when I read how Spartans are made. Considering shouldn’t this violate human rights/geneva convention
It does, but it did give Humanity a fighting chance against the Covenant for nearly 30 years.

Without the Spartan 2s and Spartan 3s, the UNSC would been completely wiped out before it even reach 2 decades marks or even 10 years mark.

Edit: Probably within a few years at least without Spartans super soldiers.

Last edited:
Isn’t that an example of the phrase desperate times call for desperate measures?
Here is a lesser known fact. The Spartan 2s was originally intended to fight against the Insurrection due to how bad it got, but thanks to the Covenant, that purpose was changed to defenders of Humanity and ensure humanity survive as long as possible

Back