• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Dust_Collector

They/Them
Making this just because I don't want the main Zelda discussion thread to have spoilers for the game posted in it. So yeah, spoilers and leaks are rolling in fast for the game and they're pretty major, so I dunno discuss them here and leave it out of the general Zelda thread.

Yeah I'm 99% sure this game is going the Four Swords Adventures route and is making this an entirely new Ganon, so all the Breath of the Wild stuff currently on the main Ganon profile as well as anything from Tears of the Kingdom is likely gonna all be on a new profile. Also even in his heavily weakened and shrivelled up zombie state he's so much stronger than the Master Sword it's not even funny, goes so far as to mock it and call it fragile after effortlessly shattering it apart

So wait...
We can do a form(s) scaling for Ganon.

"Malice Spirit" Ganon < Calamity Ganon incomplete state < Dark Beast Ganon < mummy Ganon < Ganondorf < Ganondorf with his new power-up.
Right?
Dark Beast Ganon Is basically the malice leaking out from Mummy Ganondorf that was sealed.
Under the Blood Moon the malice increases.

Due to the story and things such as Ganondorfs backstory as well as the story of Hyrule a lot of people are beginning to think BOTW/TOTK are a straight up reboot lmao

Due to the story and things such as Ganondorfs backstory as well as the story of Hyrule a lot of people are beginning to think BOTW/TOTK are a straight up reboot lmao
It's already confirmed to take place in the same timeline, and they name drop the Hero of Time, Winds, etc in BOTW 1 itself.
As well as places in BOTW explicitly being linked to older titles like the Breach of Demise or the Ancient Temple and even more if you masterworks pointing out links to shit, or how Zora's Domain talks about Ruto, etc.

It's just been a really, really, really, really, long time and every other Ganon has died in each timeline so a new one was probably born ala FSA.

Aka people dumb, this is what everyone thought every time a new zelda game came out pre 2012, the cycle continues I guess.

Honestly, it kinda makes me wonder whether or not all of the timelines would have eventually lead to BOTW, because as far as I can tell, the timeline BOTW takes place in is the Adult Timeline given we have plenty of very direct references to Wind Waker (the Rito and the Koroks specifically come to mind, as both were present in WW and are also present in BOTW, yet no other games have them), and some hidden ones, like Dragon Roost Island's leitmotif sneaked into Rito Village's theme

Apparently Phantom Ganon is a random encounter and will just show up for a fight kinda like the Yiga in BOTW

Yeah so every now and then a group of Floormasters made entirely of malice will show up (Either that or there's set locations for them, kinda like the various minibosses you can find in the overworld, and if you kill them all Phantom Ganon spawns and kicks your ass because not only is he strong as hell but there's a new debuff from Malice called "Gloom" that seems to just shut off most of your hearts when you're affected from it, reducing your max health until it wears off, which makes it easier for Phantom Ganon to just one shot you

Please delete thread, I can't stop myself from clicking spoilers 😥

Dear god I have a full video of the final boss available to me, I want to avoid looking at it but I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist

EHf9PtrWsAEYR_l.jpg

I will not give in, some spoilers I have already fallen to but not this. I will not falter and watch the final boss.

Been watching TOTK thanks to the homie Goresh streaming it.

DAMN so they really are connecting all the timelines? The murals on the wall depict the Imprisoning / Sealing War, yet there exists the Rito in the previous game, as well as the Zora?

Been watching TOTK thanks to the homie Goresh streaming it.

DAMN so they really are connecting all the timelines? The murals on the wall depict the Imprisoning / Sealing War, yet there exists the Rito in the previous game, as well as the Zora?
I think TotK is in a completely different timeline after skyward sword tbh

I think TotK is in a completely different timeline after skyward sword tbh
I dunno how that would make sense, unless we want to try and come up with a way for every single game to fit under one timeline. . .even though that in itself is quite honestly impossible because of the child and adult timeline split

I dunno how that would make sense, unless we want to try and come up with a way for every single game to fit under one timeline. . .even though that in itself is quite honestly impossible because of the child and adult timeline split
With the imprisoning war it's moreso of a reference as it's their own version of it so it also wouldn't fit. It seems like they're just borrowing aspects from other games but completely reinventing them.

Don't click if you don't want final boss semi spoilers

So the moving the moon feat with blood moon will probably be 100% valid for LS since we basically got more confirmation that it's literally Ganon doing it.

It's just a unified timeline, everything eventually happens.

No need to overcomplicate it, it's explicitly not a reboot or anything. We've had this exact same shit happen like five times now back in the day, from TP pre-launch, to FSA, to Minish Cap and more.

Yeah Tears of the Kingdom makes the connection between Ganon and the blood moon even more explict than it was in Breath of the Wild, there's pretty much no way it can be argued that moon just so happens to move like 200,000 kilometres closer to the planet all on it's own whenever Ganon exerts his power

I figured you can definitely tie it to Ganondorf from the cutscenes I've seen. It rises when he shows off his power and stays super big in the sky and also in the other cutscene it seems to follow him and move to be just above some rock formations where he's standing, when it previously was high in the sky.

It's definitely unnatural and seems to follow Ganon and only show up with his power. So yeah, I think we can consider it an upgrade. I didn't see it in the final boss but maybe I wasn't paying that much attention.

There's also some interesting stuff with the ganon hands/phantom ganon where the clouds move extremely fast whenever they are around which 100% indicates they are the cause as well and obviously they scale to ganondorf since they're essentially a projection of himself

image.png

Look at this monstrous weapon I made.
HOLY SHIT LMFAOOOOO

Also, this game is literally handing you God Mode by letting you: control the position and movement of objects, attaching them together; fuse an item with another item to make it ridiculously powerful or durable; and literally reverse time on a specific object by reversing its movement

anywho lol yeah Ganondorf just straight up tier 5 easily I mean it was alrady obvious from Botw but there was a really dumb argument against it but yeah we just straight up get the man himself causing the blood moon and instantly brings the moon thousands of times closer than it ever was in like seconds it probably a 5-C to 5-B feat

anywho lol yeah Ganondorf just straight up tier 5 easily I mean it was alrady obvious from Botw but there was a really dumb argument against it but yeah we just straight up get the man himself causing the blood moon and instantly brings the moon thousands of times closer than it ever was in like seconds it probably a 5-C to 5-B feat
This should also scale calamity ganon too since it just proves it was the ganons.

Back