• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

League of Legends Speed Scaling Problem 3

WeeklyBattles said:
"CHARGE!!!!" I scream, and snap the reins. The drakalops kicks off, and we rush them. I meant to make a clever retort first, but I got ahead of myself. The humans let loose their first volley, but Skaarl raises her ears. Like giant bronze fans, they shield us as the crossbow bolts ricochet off her impenetrable flesh. She roars happily as we dive through their camp at the leader in the red hat. Swords clang against Skaarl's hide, while my axe swings. I turn two of them humans into confetti. The bastard in the red hat's quick. He ducks under my blade as we pass by. Another volley of crossbow bolts hits us. Skaarl screams in fear. Damn thing's unkillable and immortal, but easily spooked. Problem with magical beasties, they don't make no sense. I yank the reins, and we ride back into the middle of the humans. I easily kill the rest of his men, but the red-hat bastard's a tough one. My blade slams into him - but the blow clangs dully against his heavy breast plate. That should give him something to think about, anyway. That's when the ballista fires. The bolt is longer than a wagon. It smashes into the drakalops, knocking my long axe from my hand, and sends us rolling to the ground. Skaarl ain't hurt. But she shakes me off the saddle and runs for the hills."

It directly contradicts the lore to argue that she is capable of being penetrated by crossbow bolts
This is true. So, what do we do?

Weekly, do you have any other evidence of Subsonic fodder?

@Pixel Fodder ghouls being able to tag olaf, lucian, hecarim, and kalista, fodder demacian knights being able to keep up with garen, fodder voidborn being able to keep up with ascendants, iceborn, darkin, and aspects, etc.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Agnaa No, it doesnt, it shows a bolt on the ground near her
It honestly looks like its in Skaarl to me.

Where does it look like its in Skaarl

Also notice hos theres no blood or anything on the bolt to indicate it being stuck in her skin

Can we first move on to any other possible feat? Because this specific debate is nearly 100% interpretation of the art, and debating interpretation is pretty pointless. Is there any other possible reason for Subsonic Fodder?

On the other side of her tail thing.

There's no blood because it's jabbed in on the side facing away from the camera, and is partially covered up by the tail thingy.

Even if it's a bit wonky it'd be impossible for there to be ground both that high and that close to the camera for the bolt to be sticking into.

I don't think I'm assuming, I'm deducing, there couldn't be ground there, due to how Skaarl would be standing on ground, so it couldn't actually be that high, and the crossbolt has the same lighting as Skaarl/Kled, so the crossbolt couldn't be in the background.

This is all interpretation. My cold hands and I say that debating interpretation might not be a good idea. What else do we have to use first?

We have this.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Pixel Fodder ghouls being able to tag olaf, lucian, hecarim, and kalista, fodder demacian knights being able to keep up with garen, fodder voidborn being able to keep up with ascendants, iceborn, darkin, and aspects, etc.
I've asked Weekly for the statement of fodder Demacian knights keeping up with Garen but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

There are bolts falling at the same angle as the bolt in kled's hand

Skaarl's hide is stated numerous times to be impenetrable by crossbow bolts

Youre the one making the assumption that she was hit on a side opposite the bolts and that we cant see

Agnaa said:
We have this.
I've asked Weekly for the statement of fodder Demacian knights keeping up with Garen but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Cool. I think these are all incredibly better subjects for debate. Where do we start?

I haven't reached Olaf, Lucian, Hecarim, or Kalista in scaling chains yet, and the Voidborn/Ascendants/Iceborn/Darkin/Aspects would be Supersonic+ from Pantheon, rather than Subsonic.

So, I'd like to start from Garen and the Demacian knights.

Garen is physically the baseline for all Demacian soldiers as he went through the same training as all demacian soldiers go through, the only reason he's special is because he's more skilled than the average joe. Physically he's no faster or stronger than any other Demacian knight.

Universal Subsonic aside from the exceptions is probably fine then.

Hypersonic combat/reactions for Xayah, Rakan, Zed, Shen, Kayn, Akali, Kennen, Karma, Irelia, Sion, and Galio is still probably fine, but you can take it or leave it.

Because not only have we agreed to universal subsonic ratings for every champion but he has feats of keeping up with Voidborn

Annie was an example, not the only one. Hence why Assalt always said "Featless individuals, like Annie".

Let's wait to see what everyone else thinks, then.

zilean should be infinite or immeasureable he is literally moving through out time in literally every direction. He cant have anything below infinite speed.

Regarding completely featless individuals, how about Unknow, likely Subsonic (This would be for people like Annie who scale to basically nothing and have no feats at all, but only people who have a reason for it, unlike Annie. People like Teemo and Quinn scale close enough to be Subsonic, and people who fight with/against fodder also get Subsonic, but otherwise, unknown.)

If we are to do this, we should briefly go over the list of featless/unscaling characters and see where they stand.

This list is for people like Annie who scale to basically nothing and have no feats at all, determining if they are "Subsonic", "Unknow, Possibly Subsonic", or "Unknow".

Annie: Unknow
Ezreal: Subsonic
Fiddlesticks:
Janna: Subsonic
Malphite: Subsonic
Nautilus:
Rammus:
Shaco: Unknow
Singed: Subsonic
Twitch:
Vayne:
Warwick: Subsonic
Zac: Subsonic
Zilean: (Rocker commented on this one. Is Zilean Infinite/Immeasurable?)

WeeklyBattles said:
Because not only have we agreed to universal subsonic ratings for every champion but he has feats of keeping up with Voidbor
If Ezreal has kept up with Voidborn, then Subsonic seems fine for him.

Ezreal kept up with voidborn, Janna has blitzing feats, Zac and Warwick have feats of keeping up with Chem-Barons that are able to keep up with Ekko, Singed can keep up with Warwick, Malphite blitzed demacian soldiers

Basically the only people who dont scale to subsonic are Annie and Shaco as they have no feats of interacting with anyone

If all that is true, then all of them get Subsonic.

Should either Annie or Shaco get "possibly Subsonic"?

Edit: Updated the list for everyone you mentioned.

Just to note, Singed and Warwick only interact with each other, and not with other champions/fodder.

Warwick does interact with fodder, its stated in his lore that he has fought and killed Chem-Barons, with Chem-Barons being shown to be able to keep up with Ekko in combat

My bad, I missed that, thought it was only Zac.

Ekko's considered equal to some others with Subsonic feats since they all have Hextech crystals.

His hextech crystal doesn't amp his physical characteristics, its literally just his time powers/equipment. He has a feat of aimdodging, tho.

Since hammer dude got physically amped from his hextech crystal, it's assumed that every other hextech user is comparably amped.

Okay, so, some people want evidence of the feats/scaling you mentioned, Weekly.

Also, what should we do about the rest?

Back