• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Does he just passively have this? And has he resisted illusions before? I saw someone mention that sharingan genjutsu is layered

This wouldn’t affect sasuke
All souls see with a sixth sense and he doesn't need resistance to do what I said.

It doesn't matter if it affects Sasuke, the point is that it's no longer affecting Uryu if he reverses it.

If it's equal stats would sasuke spamming the animal path summons mean that they all have equal stats to them? If so that could change how this goes

Its not normal because it keeps your mind trapped in a loop until you accept fate. Outside of that its just an illusion
In this case sasukes GJ will be putting uyru to sleep, can he use his abilties while sleep?

Its not normal because it keeps your mind trapped in a loop until you accept fate. Outside of that its just an illusion
In this case sasukes GJ will be putting uyru to sleep, can he use his abilties while sleep?
Would Genjutsu even work on a soul? And why is this being argued when uryu starts off with homing danmaku spam and antithesis spam. Uryu can just destroy a rock and swap the event than bam goodbye saskue.

Uryu resists sleep manip and the sleep manip itself is initiated by an illusion, which Uryu would notice thanks to his sixth sense and just use the Antithesis.

So a lot of people seem to have different interpretations for how Genjutsu works so imma go over a couples things rq.

1). only Non ocular Genjutsu can be broken by an individual by themself. Ocular Genjutsu injects the chakra from the user into the target and affects their senses + the flow of their physical and mental energies aka their soul aka their chakra. If you don’t have another person to disrupt it or superior occular dojutsu/mental resistances you aren’t breaking out of it.

2). It’s not only illusions, Sasuke and other 3T Sharingan users have shown they can manipulate perceptions, read memories, put people to sleep, mind control, etc.

3). Sasuke by the Last has the best genjutsu potency in the series even above the infinite Tsukyomi that could brainwash an entire planet including people with 6th senses and insane sensory abilities like Sage Kabuto.

So with all this in mind, Uryu is not breaking out of genjutsu by normal means unless he has more layers of mental resistance than this Sasuke. His only hope is if AntiThesis reflects it.

Anti Thesis is an ability that reverts an action that has been done and can flip the affects to a different target. However as far as I understand it needs to be activated after the action has been done.

If that’s the case it’s important to note that this variant of Sasuke almost always incapacitates this opponents with Genjutsu when he uses it rather than minor illusions that he would use prior. The Tailed Beast were incap and sealed. Sakura was incapacitated, When he fights rouge Ninja in the novels he puts them to sleep and reads their minds.

The only fights he does not do this are against people with inherently resistances like Naruto or Otsutsuki with equal/superior Dojutsu. Other than those exceptions Genjutsu is one of his first moves.

Not to mention If Uryu did reverse the Genjutsu at Sasuke he can chose to reflect it back (another thing 3T and above lets him do.) which could lead to incon or Sasuke eventually deciding to put him to sleep with Genjutsu if that wasnt his intent before.

Would Genjutsu even work on a soul? And why is this being argued when uryu starts off with homing danmaku spam and antithesis spam. Uryu can just destroy a rock and swap the event than bam goodbye saskue.
And sasuke could just put amateratsu on his sword then teleport it into uryus head; isnt this supposed to be in character ( unless uyru has done something like that)
Uryu resists sleep manip and the sleep manip itself is initiated by an illusion, which Uryu would notice thanks to his sixth sense and just use the Antithesis.
The sleep manip come from his GJ which is layered

If that’s the case it’s important to note that this variant of Sasuke almost always incapacitates this opponents with Genjutsu when he uses it rather than minor illusions that he would use prior. The Tailed Beast were incap and sealed. Sakura was incapacitated, When he fights rouge Ninja in the novels he puts them to sleep and reads their minds.
The Tailed Beasts were not put to sleep, Kurama was talking.

Sakura was put to sleep but it was done through an illusion as I posted above.

And of course Uryu already resists sleep manipulation.
The sleep manip come from his GJ which is layered
The Genjutsu itself is layered but I don't think that applies to the sleep manip, nobody in Naruto ever resists being knocked out by it iirc.

The Tailed Beasts were not put to sleep, Kurama was talking.
I said incap
Sakura was put to sleep but it was done through an illusion as I posted above.
Yes as I mentioned his Genjutsu can put people to sleep.
And of course Uryu already resists sleep manipulation.
He’d have to resist his Genjutsu to resist the sleep like affects it administers.

that also doesn’t rule out mind control.

Me watching everyone talk about Uryu and Sasuke knowing Kidd is still in the match and just hasn't been brought up at all
Z.png

I said incap
Well The Antithesis doesn't require movement to use so simply paralyzing Uryu is doing nothing.
Yes as I mentioned his Genjutsu can put people to sleep.
Through an illusion, which is important because Uryu can see that it's an illusion via his sixth sense.
He’d have to resist his Genjutsu to resist the sleep affects it administers.

that also doesn’t rule out mind control.
Based on what? The effect is being put to sleep and Uryu resists that.

Well The Antithesis doesn't require movement to use so simply paralyzing Uryu is doing nothing.
I never said that’s what he would use in him specifically the section you’re looking at was for clearing misconceptions on how GJ works and highlighting the ways Sasuke can and has used it. not exactly what he would use on Uryu.
Through an illusion, which is important because Uryu can see that it's an illusion via his sixth sense.
So can Sage Mode users and Dojutsu users but they can’t do anything against IT. And Sasuke’s genjutsu is superior
Based on what? The effect is being put to sleep and Uryu resists that.
The affect is to manipulate his mind and forcibly put him to sleep. How would he resist sleep manipulation if Sasuke has control over him.

I never said that’s what he would use in him specifically the section you’re looking at was for clearing misconceptions on how GJ works and highlighting the ways Sasuke can and has used it. not exactly what he would use on Uryu.

So can Sage Mode users and Dojutsu users but they can’t do anything against IT. And Sasuke’s genjutsu is superior

The affect is to manipulate his mind and forcibly put him to sleep. How would he resist sleep manipulation if Sasuke has control over him.
But Uryu always range spams so he should be safe from Genjutsu.

But Uryu always range spams so he should be safe from Genjutsu.
Sasuke has his Amenotejikara to forcibly bring himself closer via switching places with something(Uryus glasses, Bow, etc). Not to mention he can clear the range pretty easily with Susanoo flight. He only needs to get close enough for Uryu to look him in the eyes.

So can Sage Mode users but they can’t do anything against IT. And Sasuke’s genjutsu is superior
Sasuke's Genjutsu has never worked on a sixth sense iirc, what other Genjutsu can do =/= what Sasuke's Genjutsu can do, potency is irrelevant.
Sasuke doesn't have control over Uryu, he has control over five of his sixth senses, and that sixth sense is all Uryu needs in order to know that he's under an illusion.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here, the end result is being put to sleep and Uryu resists being put to sleep.

Sasuke's Genjutsu has never worked on a sixth sense iirc, what other Genjutsu can do =/= what Sasuke's Genjutsu can do, potency is irrelevant.
Itachis has worked on Kabuto who has Sage mode(something that has a sixth sense), Naruto was at risk of being hit with IT even with SPSM(sixth sense user) it’s not uncommon actually.

also its relevant because the people I’ve been mainly listing are generic sharingan and Rinnegan users. Sasuke has both, any characteristics their generic Genjutsu had outside of specific jutsu like Koto, he would have as well. It’s a standard ability of those Dojutsu.
Sasuke doesn't have control over Uryu, he has control over five of his sixth senses, and that sixth sense is all Uryu needs in order to know that he's under an illusion.
Genjutsu allows you to control people too. Itachi could make Kabuto move how he wanted after he Genjutsu’d him. Obito enslaved Yagura for years to act as the secret ruler of the most viillage. genjutsu is just not as simple as illusions.
I'm not sure what you're arguing here, the end result is being put to sleep and Uryu resists being put to sleep.
That’s not how that works, if Sasuke has control of Uryus body how is he resisting?

Sasuke has his Amenotejikara to forcibly bring himself closer via switching places with something(Uryus glasses, Bow, etc). Not to mention he can clear the range pretty easily with Susanoo flight. He only needs to get close enough for Uryu to look him in the eyes.
That has a range limit unfortunately and Uryu can just reverse that or use it to his advantage.
Itachis has worked on Kabuto who has Sage mode(something that has a sixth sense), Naruto was at risk of being hit with IT even with SPSM(sixth sense user) it’s not uncommon actually.

also potency is relevant because the people I’ve been mainly listing are generic sharingan and Rinnegan users. Sasuke has both, any characteristics their generic Genjutsu had outside of specific jutsu like Koto, he would have as well. It’s a standard ability of those Dojutsu.

Genjutsu allows you to control people too. Itachi could make Kabuto move how he wanted after he Genjutsu’d him. Obito enslaved Yagura for years to act as the secret ruler of the most viillage. genjutsu is just not as simple as illusions.

That’s not how that works, if Sasuke has control of Uryus body how is he resisting?
Izangni is the ultimate genjutsu that does not apply

That has a range limit unfortunately and Uryu can just reverse that or use it to his advantage.
So how is Uryu stopping Sasuke from flying to him with Susanoo? Also if he teleports to Uryu, he still needs to activate Anti Thesis, do you think that’s happening before Uryu just looks at Sasuke?
Izangni is the ultimate genjutsu that does not apply
1). Sasuke has Izanagi and Izanami.
2). Izanami doesn’t have any special characteristics that allow it to penetrate sixth sense users other Genjutsu can do the same.
3). Izanami is not the ultimate Genjutsu at all.

If It's being argued that Sasuke starts out with Genjutsu in this key, what exact type of Genjutsu does he commonly start with?.

Also, why should we assume that a Sage's six sense is equaliziable with a Quincy's six sense?, while yes both allows them to see and sense their respective series energy source, a Quincy's six sense would allow oneself to visually see the physical structure of an energy source, like the actual particles which constitutes that energy source. I don't believe Genjutsu would obscure that vision if it hasn't shown such capabilities.

If Uryu could actually see the particles of chakra within himself, then he deductively deduce that he's currently being affected by Genjutsu because of those foreign particles and at that point, he could reverse the action of those particles entering his body, effectively negating Sasuke's Genjutsu.

also potency is relevant because the people I’ve been mainly listing are generic sharingan and Rinnegan users. Sasuke has both, any characteristics their generic Genjutsu had outside of specific jutsu like Koto
All these examples you're bringing up are irrelevant because none of these guys have the ability to reverse events via causality manip...I'm not arguing that Uryu wouldn't be put under the Genjutsu or that it wouldn't work on him at all, I'm arguing that he would know he's under a Genjutsu and just use The Antithesis to remove it.

Give Kabuto or Naruto the Antithesis and I would argue they could do the same.

Even if Sasuke could control Uryu, it's not something he's going to do in character least of all as a beginning move.

Why does Uryu need control of his body to resist sleep manipulation? It's not something he needs to activate...it's just a resistance.

Last edited:
IF he's put under then he's sleep. Is his 6th sense active while he's sleep. If sasuke shows him something horrific he'd know hes under one but if uyru is under the assumption he's still fighting sasuke and kidd idk why he would be able to detect it

With Sage mode naruto was able to SEE the events on the war from a island that isolated chakra as well as see chakra invisible objects etc and Infinite tsuk would still GG him

IF he's put under then he's sleep. Is his 6th sense active while he's sleep. If sasuke shows him something horrific he'd know hes under one but if uyru is under the assumption he's still fighting sasuke and kidd idk why he would be able to detect it

With Sage mode naruto was able to SEE the events on the war from a island that isolated chakra as well as see chakra invisible objects etc and Infinite tsuk would still GG him
As I said, Uryu has resistance to sleep manipulation, and Sasuke doing that is predicated on the assumptions that
  • A. Sasuke starts with Genjutsu which is questionable
  • B. He uses the Genjutsu to instantly put Uryu to sleep which is even more questionable
  • C. He goes for Uryu first instead of Kid

Sasukes first move against the Tailed Beast was instantly mind controling them using Rinnegan, Uryu would not be able to act while under mind control
And the only people he actually fought prior to this were Madara and Kaguya who resist it
Sasukes Genjutsu at this point also just requires him to look in your general direction (as shown with him mindhaxing all 9 bijuu simultaniously)

so if Sasuke uses genjutsu, he wins. If Sasuke does not, Uryu wins.

lets just ignore that Kid is here

Back