• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

Tengen guessed that Daki allows Gyutaro to survive beheading since he didn't absorb her:
0088-005.png

So it should be something common with strong demons since Tengen assumed that Gyutaro has this ability.

We also see absorption when Zohakuten was created:
0116-017.png
0116-018.png

Tengen guessed that Daki allows Gyutaro to survive beheading since he didn't absorb her:
0088-005.png

So it should be something common with strong demons since Tengen assumed that Gyutaro has this ability.

We also see absorption when Zohakuten was created:
0116-017.png
0116-018.png
Any evidence for this applying to Lower Moons? Tengen says "absorb" as if it is obvious even though he couldn't have possibly faced an Upper Moon before though some information about the Upper Moons might have been in circulation in the Demon Slayer Corps.

Well, I guess there are the additions of Enhanced Hearing and Absorption for Gyutaro and Absorption for Gyokko. That shouldn't be too much of a problem. So, how should I apply the speed scaling for Tengen und Muichiro? I'll need to add the justification but I'll also need to point out the problems of the list, so that nobody tries to use it for more than scaling Tengen and Muichiro to Massively Hypersonic+ without any additional arguments which can probably result in a rather bloated block of text.

Any evidence for this applying to Lower Moons? Tengen says "absorb" as if it is obvious even though he couldn't have possibly faced an Upper Moon before though some information about the Upper Moons might have been in circulation in the Demon Slayer Corps.
Only example I know of is Enmu almost eating ~200 passengers with his flesh tentacles thing if Kyojuro/Zenitsu/Nezuko didn't stop him. Though he is on the boundary between Lower Moon and Daki level.

Akaza might've implied this ability since he promised to kill Kokushibo, when per the databook Kokushibo killing demons was done through absorption.

After we get some more profiles, we can make a wicked cool Twelve Moons Team Profile. The Dimensional Infinite Fortress is top-tier Base of Operations.

I agree that Enmu's case seems like absorption. Demon eating is shown demons doing it with their teeth even with cases like in Muzan's. Furthermore, the depiction looks similar to other flesh-like absorption in other fictional stories.
Here is Akaza's statement; it seems it could be like good supporting evidence that Akaza has Absorption since besides the sun only it can kill demons. The sun killing demons doesn't seem like a thing that Akaza would credit himself in battle or characters, from his reference in the past where he was running away from it.

Last edited:
I've actually been thinking of Enmu's case as well but then I remembered that he is capable of growing a mouth on his hand and then figured that he might've planned something similar with his flesh tentacles. He didn't exactly try to absorb Nezuko when he had her restrained either and I do believe that his plan was to tire the demon slayers down and then partake in a leisurely meal with the 200 passengers. But then again, in that case he may as well have grown mouths on his flesh tentacles instead of just having them go towards them, so Absorption might actually have been the intention which makes me rather uncertain.

I've added Absorption to Gyutaro and Gyokko's profiles since they have direct statements for that. This still leaves the matter of how much we can generalize Absorption which I might include in a future CRT that I'm going to make. There is also the matter how the additional Massively Hypersonic+ justification for Tengen and Muichiro should preferably be worded.

I've just realized that Tamayo referred to Muzan's ability to destroy demon cells as something noteworthy about him. Doesn't this mean that a demon's Regeneration is inherent to its cells and that this therefore has implications for the Regeneration of demons?

Seems so. High Ball is Low-High regeneration but with weird conditions.
Practical thing is that powerful biological manipulators might be able to stop their regenerations; however, it seems like it would have to be shown notable enough to not work just on humans since there is a statement that demons' flesh is not the same as humans'.

Seems so. High Ball is Low-High regeneration but with weird conditions.
Practical thing is that powerful biological manipulators might be able to stop their regenerations; however, it seems like it would have to be shown notable enough to not work just on humans since there is a statement that demons' flesh is not the same as humans'.
That translation does make some sense but I guess a demon's flesh is different by default due to the numerous qualities a demon has that humans don't. Do we have evidence for the cell structure or the makeup of the tissue being different?

Last edited:
I think the statement could work as solid evidence by itself, from our wiki standards as option 2; Tanjirou is knowledgeable and Daki did not deny the statement but went on and gave more information about demons. We also got a lot of circumstantial supporting evidence like all demons being able to do things like grow limbs.
If there are more things solid that I found, I will mention them.

Last edited:
I've added Absorption to Gyutaro and Gyokko's profiles since they have direct statements for that. This still leaves the matter of how much we can generalize Absorption which I might include in a future CRT that I'm going to make. There is also the matter how the additional Massively Hypersonic+ justification for Tengen and Muichiro should preferably be worded.
Additions seem fine. I would suggest adding references in the future since they will be more requirements in the future. The scans being added would be nice.

I feel like the explanations above worked. I guess also adding the scan with the author's statement on the speed should be done with justifications.
I've actually been thinking of Enmu's case as well but then I remembered that he is capable of growing a mouth on his hand and then figured that he might've planned something similar with his flesh tentacles. He didn't exactly try to absorb Nezuko when he had her restrained either and I do believe that his plan was to tire the demon slayers down and then partake in a leisurely meal with the 200 passengers. But then again, in that case he may as well have grown mouths on his flesh tentacles instead of just having them go towards them, so Absorption might actually have been the intention which makes me rather uncertain.
I can understand your points; though, I feel like it closer to the absorption.

Last edited:
I think the statement could work as solid evidence by itself, from our wiki standards as option 2; Tanjirou is knowledgeable and Daki did not deny the statement but went on and gave more information about demons. We also got a lot of circumstantial supporting evidence like all demons being able to do things like grow limbs.
If there are more things solid that I found, I will mention them.
Okay.

On offtopic, I feel like Enmu's KE could be calculated where he flipped or thrown the entire train up while near death.
I made a calculation request.
Seems like something that could get interesting results.

Additions seem fine. I would suggest adding references in the future since they will be more requirements in the future. The scans being added would be nice.

I feel like the explanations above worked. I guess also adding the scan with the author's statement on the speed should be done with justifications.

I can understand your points; though, I feel like it closer to the absorption.
Okay, that does seem like something I'll have to consider.

Okay, if it's alright like that, then I'll do it like that.

Absorption does indeed not sound farfetched. I'm just really uncertain about it.

Doesn't this mean that a demon's Regeneration is inherent to its cells
Yea, I believe everything supernatural or inhuman about demons (including their regen) is a result of Muzan's BSL-assimilated blood, which would makes sense as Muzan can forcefully stop a demon's regen

I don't know how this will improve them in any way, if anything, it just means that demons have no chance of regenerating back from vaporization or any form of complete body destruction as there won't be any of Muzan's blood left to help them regenerate

Yea, I believe everything supernatural or inhuman about demons (including their regen) is a result of Muzan's BSL-assimilated blood, which would makes sense as Muzan can forcefully stop a demon's regen

I don't know how this will improve them in any way, if anything, it just means that demons have no chance of regenerating back from vaporization or any form of complete body destruction as there won't be any of Muzan's blood left to help them regenerate
Okay, that does make sense.

Vaporization and complete body destruction killing demons does make sense as well but this wasn't the point. Currently demons in general have High-Mid Regeneration and Muzan has Low-High Regeneration which he has for showing that he can form limbs from his blood. High-Mid Regeneration allows you to recover from a small part of your body like a finger or the heart which demons currently have due to the fact that a fodder demon would have been able to survive as a completely crushed head. The Regeneration being inherent to each and every cell would imply that every individual demon cell has the capability to regenerate which is Regeneration working on a much smaller scale than a finger, heart or completely crushed head.

I've made the speed change for Tengen and Muichiro and adjusted the other profiles that scale to them accordingly.

Could someone tell me what the exact reason for Nezuko's Self-Sustenance Type 3 is?

I am not sure; it is probably from the demon physiology's abilties. I think you can ping the page creator, who seems to have added the ability, for more informations.

I am not sure; it is probably from the demon physiology's abilties. I think you can ping the page creator, who seems to have added the ability, for more informations.
Based on what I could find from Nezuko's profile's history page it appears that it was Crazylatin77 who added Self-Sustenance Type 3 instead of Peter1129 who made the profile. It doesn't seem like as if there is much of a justification for the addition and it gives 11 November 2019 as the date. Self-Sustenance Type 3 is what we give to demons for not sleeping which is as far as I'm aware not the case for Nezuko since she does sleep to recover her power.

Is there any particular reason for Tanjiro Weaknesses section for his first key to mention a Limit Break form?

Based on what I could find from Nezuko's profile's history page it appears that it was Crazylatin77 who added Self-Sustenance Type 3 instead of Peter1129 who made the profile. It doesn't seem like as if there is much of a justification for the addition and it gives 11 November 2019 as the date. Self-Sustenance Type 3 is what we give to demons for not sleeping which is as far as I'm aware not the case for Nezuko since she does sleep to recover her power.
I see.
Is there any particular reason for Tanjiro Weaknesses section for his first key to mention a Limit Break form?
I think it should be for his second key, no.

I see.

I think it should be for his second key, no.
I'll just remove it from Nezuko's profile if there is no actual reason for her to have it that we know of.

Yeah, that does sound like something for his second key if we assume it to be about his Rage Power in which case we should probably just call it that instead of Limit Break since that term isn't used anywhere else on his profile. Tanjiro's weakness of not being able to lie convincingly is probably applicable for his later keys as well.

Last edited:
I've realized that Tengen should probably have antidotes against poison as part of his Standard Equipment since he gave an antidote to Hinatsuru. Also, Giyu is able to tell what techniques Tanjiro is going to use based on slight movements he makes. One thing that confuses me here is that Giyu having Analytical Prediction was mentioned in a versus thread that is listed on his profile but he doesn't have Analytical Prediction listed. Was that removed at some point? There is also the matter of Shinobu's poison. Is Shinobu's poison really supposed to just work against demons with her profile saying "against Demons" for her Poison Manipulation? It's not like as if it is entirely composed of wisteria and her modifying her body into circulating her body weight worth of wisteria poison is part of her Poison Manipulation Resistance justification which indicates that the poison would work against humans since she herself is one. This really needs some further clarification.

I've realized that Tengen should probably have antidotes against poison as part of his Standard Equipment since he gave an antidote to Hinatsuru. Also, Giyu is able to tell what techniques Tanjiro is going to use based on slight movements he makes. One thing that confuses me here is that Giyu having Analytical Prediction was mentioned in a versus thread that is listed on his profile but he doesn't have Analytical Prediction listed. Was that removed at some point? There is also the matter of Shinobu's poison. Is Shinobu's poison really supposed to just work against demons with her profile saying "against Demons" for her Poison Manipulation? It's not like as if it is entirely composed of wisteria and her modifying her body into circulating her body weight worth of wisteria poison is part of her Poison Manipulation Resistance justification which indicates that the poison would work against humans since she herself is one. This really needs some further clarification.
Dont giyu and tanjro know the same style, and giyu mastered it better than tanjiro so that could explain why. Unless tanjro was using a form giyu never saw before i doubt it would count.

Dont giyu and tanjro know the same style, and giyu mastered it better than tanjiro so that could explain why. Unless tanjro was using a form giyu never saw before i doubt it would count.
Giyu didn't simply recognize what form Tanjiro was using. He was able to tell what form Tanjiro was going to use in advance based on slight movements and then decided what form to use to complement what Tanjiro was doing when both of them were Massively Hypersonic+ at that point. In order to complement Tanjiro's attack like Tanjiro said Giyu did he would have needed to know how and where Tanjiro was going to strike with the form he was going to use too.

Well if he wasn't using water breathing in that movement i agree that giyu should get prediction.
Tanjiro was using the sixth form of the Water Breathing. My focus was more on how Giyu knew in advance what Tanjiro was going to do and how to complement it which implies a precise understanding of the movements Tanjiro was going to make and Tanjiro was crouched on the ground before and after performing his attack, so he was hardly using a conventional stance for it. Tanjiro highlights this as something impressive about Giyu, so it seems like something that is supposed to be a testament for his skill.

Tanjiro was using the sixth form of the Water Breathing. My focus was more on how Giyu knew in advance what Tanjiro was going to do and how to complement it which implies a precise understanding of the movements Tanjiro was going to make and Tanjiro was crouched on the ground before and after performing his attack, so he was hardly using a conventional stance for it. Tanjiro highlights this as something impressive about Giyu, so it seems like something that is supposed to be a testament for his skill.
Honestly this is a debatable subject. On one hand Giyu is literally a master and tanjiro admited to not being as good at water breathing as him, on the other tanjiro wa crouched.I'd say lets just wait for this to be animated so we can see what giyu saw

Honestly this is a debatable subject. On one hand Giyu is literally a master and tanjiro admited to not being as good at water breathing as him, on the other tanjiro wa crouched.I'd say lets just wait for this to be animated so we can see what giyu saw
The animated version would definitely clear things up but it will also be a while before things get to that point. There might be more details to this scene that can be used to make an argument if you examine it closer.

Okay, here are more details for the situation of Giyu predicting what Tanjiro was going to do:
  • You can't exactly see it clearly but in the panel where Tanjiro performs the form he appears elevated compared to Giyu and the ground which indicates that he jumped up from his previously crouched position to perform the attack and then landed again in a crouched position.
  • The attacks Tanjiro and Giyu performed were done in response to a horde of demons appearing with Giyu warning Tanjiro while he is hanging upside down from a story above.
  • That means in the time the horde burst out towards Tanjiro and Tanjiro began to perform his attack in response Giyu went down from an upside down position to Tanjiro, knew exactly what Tanjiro was going to do and got into a position where he could perform his own attack simultaneously.

Does anyone know of a calculation for the Class 5 Lifting Strength of the verse?

Back