• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

I'll just remove it from Nezuko's profile if there is no actual reason for her to have it that we know of.
I've taken care of the removal.

Could someone tell me why Obanai has Hand-to-Hand Combatant listed?

Could the fact that Muichiro was in charge of the quick movement training for the Pillar Training be used as an additional justification for his current speed scaling?

Tanjiro was able to fight and even hurt Sanemi to some degree in chapter 133. This is after a day of intense training and the training before that was with Obanai. Obanai is currently just scaled to Mitsuri but the fact that he was still clearly superior to a Tanjiro who only needed one more day of training to perform his feats against Sanemi would suggest that he is a lot closer to Sanemi than his current scaling would suggest. Any thoughts on this?

I've taken care of the removal.
Alright.
I am not sure; the page creator looked have added the ability.
Could the fact that Muichiro was in charge of the quick movement training for the Pillar Training be used as an additional justification for his current speed scaling?
I think yes.
Tanjiro was able to fight and even hurt Sanemi to some degree in chapter 133. This is after a day of intense training and the training before that was with Obanai. Obanai is currently just scaled to Mitsuri but the fact that he was still clearly superior to a Tanjiro who only needed one more day of training to perform his feats against Sanemi would suggest that he is a lot closer to Sanemi than his current scaling would suggest. Any thoughts on this?
It is plausible; I think this case needs a CRT.

I am not sure; the page creator looked have added the ability.

I think yes.

It is plausible; I think this case needs a CRT.
As far as I'm aware Obanai is mainly a swordsman. His training involves the sword, he used his sword against the demons in the Infinity Fortress and he used a sword against Muzan as well. Unless there is a statement or scene that shows that Obaina has hand-to-hand combat skills he shouldn't have that on his profile.

I've added it to Muichiro's profile.

I'll include that in a future CRT then.

Last edited:
No idea, but I'd wager that it was because he choked Tanji during the pillar meeting, which if that were the case, would be more of pressure points than martial arts. Either we remove it or all pillars get that ability since, as the strongest combatants in the DSC, they would at least possess some level of martial arts or hand-to-hand combat skill. This is supported by Giyu fighting Nezuko hand-to-hand in episode 1, Sanemi performing martial arts-like maneuvers when fighting Tanji during the pillar training arc and him suggesting to Giyu that they fight with their bare fists after they broke their training swords and Gyomei slamming Ino headfirst into the ground. You could also use Urokodaki and Shinjuro as justification since they both were former pillars that displayed some semblance of martial arts proficiency

No idea, but I'd wager that it was because he choked Tanji during the pillar meeting, which if that were the case, would be more of pressure points than martial arts. Either we remove it or all pillars get that ability since, as the strongest combatants in the DSC, they would at least possess some level of martial arts or hand-to-hand combat skill. This is supported by Giyu fighting Nezuko hand-to-hand in episode 1, Sanemi performing martial arts-like maneuvers when fighting Tanji during the pillar training arc and him suggesting to Giyu that they fight with their bare fists after they broke their training swords and Gyomei slamming Ino headfirst into the ground. You could also use Urokodaki and Shinjuro as justification since they both were former pillars that displayed some semblance of martial arts proficiency
These are some interesting examples you bring up. Simply pinning someone down doesn't sound like pressure points to me but I guess it might count due to Iguro purposely pinning Tanjiro down in a way that puts pressure on his lungs and Shinobu seemed to recognize what Iguro was doing. If we were to give Pillars in general that, would the justification for Pillars who didn't display this be something like "Should be comparable to fellow Pillars and retired Pillars who displayed this"?

Last edited:
I guess it might count due to Iguro purposely pinning Tanjiro down in a way that puts pressure on his lungs and Shinobu seemed to recognize what Iguro was doing.
Yea I think its valid justification imo
If we were to give Pillars in general that would the justification for Pillars who didn't display this be something like "Should be comparable to fellow Pillars and retired Pillars who displayed this"?
Sure

I've removed the Bright Red Nichirin Sword from the Standard Equipment section and added a higher for the speed with Dancing Flash from the Post-Type Zero Training key onwards like I mentioned in this comment. It turns out though that Dancing Flash was already named as Waltz Flash on the profile, so I appreciate that Elixirr corrected that for me. Also, more input for Muzan having for some reason Martial Arts listed on his profile would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I removed it since I cant think of any justification for it
I would have preferred to wait for more input before doing that but I guess that if anyone has something against the removal, they can bring it up later in this thread.

Martial Arts for Muzan doesn't seem accurate; nothing really alludes to it in the series.
Yeah, that's what I thought as well but just in case anyone knows about a valid justification for it I wanted to get the input of more people for that.

Might sound stupid but should Tanjiro get Skilled Marksman because he has shown the ability to use swords (and perhaps any bladed weapon) as long ranged weapons?

Might sound stupid but should Tanjiro get Skilled Marksman because he has shown the ability to use swords (and perhaps any bladed weapon) as long ranged weapons?
I don't think that this would fit since this implies the usage of weapons like guns and bows. It would probably be better as something that could be mentioned as a justification for him. This reminds me of how everyone who can create seemingly elemental effects with their Breath Styles scales significantly above Murata in terms of swordsmanship skill since he can only produce water that is too faint to be seen with his Breath of Water.

I don't think that this would fit since this implies the usage of weapons like guns and bows. It would probably be better as something that could be mentioned as a justification for him. This reminds me of how everyone who can create seemingly elemental effects with their Breath Styles scales significantly above Murata in terms of swordsmanship skill since he can only produce water that is too faint to be seen with his Breath of Water.
ight

Would the explosions in the anime fight between Gyutaro and Tengen be useful? Or are they junk since the manga doesn't have them?

Would the explosions in the anime fight between Gyutaro and Tengen be useful? Or are they junk since the manga doesn't have them?
We do use some things from the anime like Rengoku's third form and I'm pretty sure that Enmu doesn't display Acrobatics in the manga. The explosions from the anime should be fine to use as far as I'm aware.

Anyone noticed that the anime shows
Nezuko possibly nullifying the explosion with her Blood Demon Art and I can't seem to find an instance of this in the manga

It creates kind of a discrepancy between possibly tanking the explosion or being saved from it. Also has anyone tried to calc Gyutaro's self destruction on that note?

Anyone noticed that the anime shows
Nezuko possibly nullifying the explosion with her Blood Demon Art and I can't seem to find an instance of this in the manga

It creates kind of a discrepancy between possibly tanking the explosion or being saved from it. Also has anyone tried to calc Gyutaro's self destruction on that note?
I'm not aware of there being any calculation for that.

Not sure, the manga suggests the space is much larger than the building given the rubble after Muzan collapsed it doesn't reflect the actual size of the place (only took up roughly a two-way road's width)

Not sure, the manga suggests the space is much larger than the building given the rubble after Muzan collapsed it doesn't reflect the actual size of the place (only took up roughly a two-way road's width)
Didn't the place collapse due to Nakime's death and Yushiro needed to get everyone from the Demon Slayer Corps outside of the Infinity Fortress, so that they don't die? The rubble is probably not the entirety of the Infinity Fortress since Muzan and the Demon Slayer Corps ended up in the middle of a street with there being no hole once Muzan blasts the rubble away.

Last edited:
Fair enough, the fortress is not actually well mapped out at all so it's anyone's guess as to how big it is. I'll look through the range of Nakime's vision for a minimum size

Fair enough, the fortress is not actually well mapped out at all so it's anyone's guess as to how big it is. I'll look through the range of Nakime's vision for a minimum size
Well, we know that all members of the Demon Slayer Corps which number in the hundreds were teleported into it and fought against a horde of Lower Moon level demons there for 6 hours. The locations in which each of the 5 Upper Moons that were encountered there are fairly spacious, so it's pretty big. All of the demon slayers were also looking out for Muzan's location and the Kasugai crows were used to map out the place and maintain steady communication.

Perhaps you can compare it to a palace, Tokyo Imperial Palace is a decent comparison given Muzan's tastes and his status as a son of a wealthy family

literally infinite? I don't think there is any reason for us to think otherwise since there isn't anything that's going against that notion
That sounds like an extreme high-end assumption. The Infinity Fortress is maintained by Nakime and fell apart after she died, so wouldn't that have extreme consequences for her tiering due to Stabilization Feats being a thing? Also, if she had an infinite space to control, I don't think that any demon slayers could have met up with each other while inside it or found Muzan.

Last edited:
The Infinity Fortress is maintained by Nakime and fell apart after she died, so wouldn't that have extreme consequences for her tiering due to Stabilization Feats being a thing?
I'm new to this so I have no idea what this means, mind substantiating further?
Also, if she had an infinite space to control, I don't think that any demon slayers could have met up with each other while inside it or found Muzan.
Wouldn't it be even more likely for the slayers to meet up if Nakime had an infinite space to control opposed to a finite amount of space? And iirc Tanjiro and Giyu were teleported to Muzan's location, and not that they found him by chance. Since then, the other slayers found Muzan because Nakime was incapacitated

I don't think there is any reason for us to think otherwise since there isn't anything that's going against that notion
Idk man, that's a pretty ad ignorantiam statement. The burden of proof should be on the person trying to prove it's infinite and not the other way around. We shouldn't assume it's infinite based on the name alone, nor should we assume it's infinite due to a lack of opposing evidence

Idk man, that's a pretty ad ignorantiam statement. The burden of proof should be on the person trying to prove it's infinite and not the other way around. We shouldn't assume it's infinite based on the name alone, nor should we assume it's infinite due to a lack of opposing evidence
Fair enough, but I don't think there is any way of proving that the IF is infinite. Still, I don't think there is any way of proving that the IF is finite either. I guess you can argue that we've never seen the full thing and can't make the assumption, but that'd be as good as saying "the IF is finite because we don't have proof that is infinite"

Back