• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

Wasn't kokushibo dealing with sanemi and gyomei?🗿
Yes, but he was able to keep up with Koko with STW and his red blade was causing immense damage to Koko. Also Mui has the highest potential of all the hashira since he became a hashira while being younger than tanjiro

Yes, but he was able to keep up with Koko with STW and his red blade was causing immense damage to Koko. Also Mui has the highest potential of all the hashira since he became a hashira while being younger than tanjiro
Well yeah but kokushibo wasn't even aiming for Muichiro really but ig he can still react to douma since

Why potential matter when we talk about 14 years old Muichiro 🗿

I heavily doubt Muichiro can beat doma honestly
He does have what he would need in order to have a win condition, so there is that.

That doesn't mean that this potential has already been realized.

He does have what he would need in order to have a win condition, so there is that.

That doesn't mean that this potential has already been realized.
I know that however, he is still one of the strongest hashira and can probably beat the upper moons himself(the weaker ones of course that don't have stipulations)

Uhh just to be sure
From where akaza holding back against marked giyuu came from?

Also uhh why we scale hantegnu True Form dura to Zohakuten?

Last edited:
Uhh just to be sure
From where akaza holding back against marked giyuu came from?

Also uhh why we scale hantegnu True Form dura to Zohakuten?
I don't know much about Akaza holding back but we do know that he can handle a marked Giyu and a marked Tanjiro at the same time, so he is definitely superior to a marked Giyu who is on his own.

Well, a demon's neck is the most durable part of their body and since Hantengu's true form is the one with the neck that he cannot allow to be cut logic would dictate that this neck would have durability equivalent to the full output of his Blood Demon Art which you could consider to be Zohakuten unless making use of his emotion clones somehow weakens him in a fashion similar to how Gyutaro and Doma were weakened by poison.

I don't know much about Akaza holding back but we do know that he can handle a marked Giyu and a marked Tanjiro at the same time, so he is definitely superior to a marked Giyu who is on his own.

Well, a demon's neck is the most durable part of their body and since Hantengu's true form is the one with the neck that he cannot allow to be cut logic would dictate that this neck would have durability equivalent to the full output of his Blood Demon Art which you could consider to be Zohakuten unless making use of his emotion clones somehow weakens him in a fashion similar to how Gyutaro and Doma were weakened by poison.
Well yeah ik akaza js stronger i was talking about his profile mentioning he did it while holding back

Makes sense ig

Who yall got between 13th form Tanjiro and Kokushibo?
I would personally say kokushibou but seen Many opinions om tanjiro side

Who yall got between 13th form Tanjiro and Kokushibo?
I would personally say kokushibou but seen Many opinions om tanjiro side
Tanjiro arguably has a feat more impressive than anything Kokushibo did with being able to keep up with a Muzan who was able to keep up with all of the Pillars who were alive at that point on top of Zenitsu, Inosuke and Kanao also joining the fight with them having some support from Yushiro and Chachamaru. I guess I could see people arguing though that Kokushibo's own skill and experience as a swordsman, Moon Breathing and his familiarity with Sun Breathing that should be greater than Muzan's could allow him to win. I'd personally pick Tanjiro unless someone has something to add for Kokushibo's case.

Tanjiro arguably has a feat more impressive than anything Kokushibo did with being able to keep up with a Muzan who was able to keep up with all of the Pillars who were alive at that point on top of Zenitsu, Inosuke and Kanao also joining the fight with them having some support from Yushiro and Chachamaru. I guess I could see people arguing though that Kokushibo's own skill and experience as a swordsman, Moon Breathing and his familiarity with Sun Breathing that should be greater than Muzan's could allow him to win. I'd personally pick Tanjiro unless someone has something to add for Kokushibo's case.
I mean wasn't muzan more weakened against tanjiro than the pillars?
Considering he ages in every minute by 50 years which is why hr is weakened to begin with

Combat aside. I really wish to see Koku's reaction towards Tanjiro, who is a user of sun breathing and has the same earrings as Yoriichi.

Tanjiro began fighting Muzan shortly after he incapacited the Pillars, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Kanao, so he would still scale to that.
I Could have sworn it was a bit longer
Well fair then
I still can see kokushibou winning since regen from decapitation skill range and arguebly better speed

Combat aside. I really wish to see Koku's reaction towards Tanjiro, who is a user of sun breathing and has the same earrings as Yoriichi.
Kokushibo already knew about Tanjiro having Yoriichi's techniques, so it wouldn't surprise him though he probably would still be in a bit of emotional turmoil from seeing it directly himself.

I Could have sworn it was a bit longer
Well fair then
I still can see kokushibou winning since regen from decapitation skill range and arguebly better speed
I think it’s obvious that Muzan is WAY faster than Koku, the feats speak for themselves. Koku blitzed mark Gyomei and mark sanemi while Muzan blitzed 4 mark pillars (including the aforementioned 2) and 3 pillar level slayers

I think it’s obvious that Muzan is WAY faster than Koku, the feats speak for themselves. Koku blitzed mark Gyomei and mark sanemi while Muzan blitzed 4 mark pillars (including the aforementioned 2) and 3 pillar level slayers
I mean we don't exactly know if it was blitz or Just him tagging them
Anyways i still found kokushibo blitz abit more impressive than weakened muzan since one was trough travel speed while the other was combat (we know in ds Attack Speed > travel since The race)

It's been a while but I have been a bit busy and I was also not really in the mood for making an answer for the post I'm quoting until now.

I do know that. And I do think DKT is around human level. And I didn't expect you to take it as seriously as you did.

Just look at the scan, I don't see what needs to be described in further detail for you. The Kakushi moved his head back to dodge the swing, and we can safely assume that the time frame is pretty short. I disagree. If an untrained Kakushi with no perception amps can react to DKT, while human Nezuko herself can perceive and hold him down, that should pretty clearly tell you that DKT is not that fast.

You can say the same for the sword slash. I didn't look into it that much though, so I may have missed it since this scene was pretty insignificant and placed a higher emphasis on comedy.

I thought it would be pretty obvious I was referring to Mitsuri hitting the doors since it was literally what I replied to earlier. It also doesn't help that you said "visual indicator" and "crashed into it" no less than 3 words apart, so I think its fair that I was under the assumption that you were talking about the visual indicator of Mitsuri hitting the doors instead of a visual indicator in general.

No. Just no. If she hit it, her face would be planted into the doors. Its wooden. Why would she bounce back? Try falling onto a table and see if you bounce back.

Like I said, I think that scene is poorly drawn, and tbh I don't know why it was brought up for scaling in the first place.
What sort of human level are you even talking about at this point? Earlier you've said that you didn't mean something like average human level, so are you referring to a range of 10-B to 9-C or something like that? Or are you trying to establish a different sort of scaling for normal humans without demon slayer training in Kimetsu no Yaiba? We do know through a freshly turned Nezuko, the Temple Demon, the demons from the Final Selection and Sanemi's mother that even people that have recently turned into demons are much stronger and faster than most regular humans and Tanjiro with his potential shouldn't be inferior to that as a demon. There is also the fact that him merely having a Blood Demon Art is a significant indicator of his strength as a demon since demons only develop them once they've reached a certain level of strength. Well, we are talking about a matter that is serious in the sense that it would have serious consequences for Tanjiro's key as a demon, so that would need some serious discussion.

I agree that the timeframe isn't a large one but it still remains a fact that there aren't a lot of details for the Kakushi avoiding being hit by the attack and that this doesn't receive much focus with us not even seeing when the Kakushi began to move. That Kakushi wasn't even the primary target of the attack, so it's hard to tell exactly how much movement was needed for that in the first place. Human Nezuko doesn't really have much scaling, so I guess we would indeed presume that she isn't very strong or fast for an ordinary human unless we adopt some headcanon about her retaining some strength from her time as a demon which would require some mental gymnastics. So while we don't have much of an indication for Nezuko's strength and speed, it can indeed be considered as an anti-feat for Demon Tanjiro though I'd still argue that Tanjiro's performance against the weakened demon slayers puts him significantly above the Kakushi since there wouldn't be a point for them trying to fight him while the Kakushi stand back otherwise especially with him sending them flying into walls.

I'm pretty sure that you're the only one in this thread who got the idea of someone cutting themselves with their sword as part of a comedic scene in the middle of a battle which is pretty much unheard of as far as I'm aware compared to a nosebleed which is a pretty common element in a comedic scene like this in anime and manga, so I'm not sure why exactly you would get that idea instead. In the first place the blood is sprouting from one single point while a sword cut would result in a line from which blood begins flowing out unless it was a short contact with the sword tip that caused the wound. I'm also quite sure that the bonk sound effect is associated with a human body taking a hit and not wood and metal hitting each other.

I can understand the interpretation but phrasing the matter of the visual indicator in a general manner without much elaboration was still rather misleading. It didn't feel like as if you actually contemplated what I meant or was seeing since you neither explained what I might have mistaken as a visual indicator for Mitsuri crashing into the door nor asked what part of the panel made me think that.

The wooden door was positioned in an almost vertical manner compared to the ground. The recoil that would happen according to Newton's third law combined with gravity pulling Mitsuri down would result in her bouncing back. The fact that she involuntarily bounced back is supported by her just falling down head first with a stunned expression with Iguro helping her back on her legs which wouldn't happen if Nakime didn't manage to do this by repelling Mitsuri's offensive. The sound effect and different angle of the door on the next page could be considered as an indicator for Nakime moving the door after summoning it, so it's presumably not just the initial impact that did this but my point still stands.

I agree in the sense that the scene isn't particularly detailed but I do believe that it's good enough to fulfill its intended purpose, so I don't have any issues with it.
Talking about base hashiras
Would Muichiro not taking major damage from getting slammed by a building (or whatever the hell that was) from nakime while mitsuri got nose blood just by hitting her head With one of the doors be any good?
I don't think that you could change much with that alone since they have the same rating.
The scaling aspect for bringing that scene up is indeed pretty irrelevant in my opinion and does not need any further discussion.

Last edited:
It's been a while but I have been a bit busy and I was also not really in the mood for making an answer for the post I'm quoting until now.

What sort of human level are you even talking about at this point? Earlier you've said that you didn't mean something like average human level, so are you referring to a range of 10-B to 9-C or something like that? Or are you trying to establish a different sort of scaling for normal humans without demon slayer training in Kimetsu no Yaiba? We do know through a freshly turned Nezuko, the Temple Demon, the demons from the Final Selection and Sanemi's mother that even people that have recently turned into demons are much stronger and faster than most regular humans and Tanjiro with his potential shouldn't be inferior to that as a demon. There is also the fact that him merely having a Blood Demon Art is a significant indicator of his strength as a demon since demons only develop them once they've reached a certain level of strength. Well, we are talking about a matter that is serious in the sense that it would have serious consequences for Tanjiro's key as a demon, so that would need some serious discussion.

I agree that the timeframe isn't a large one but it still remains a fact that there aren't a lot of details for the Kakushi avoiding being hit by the attack and that this doesn't receive much focus with us not even seeing when the Kakushi began to move. That Kakushi wasn't even the primary target of the attack, so it's hard to tell exactly how much movement was needed for that in the first place. Human Nezuko doesn't really have much scaling, so I guess we would indeed presume that she isn't very strong or fast for an ordinary human unless we adopt some headcanon about her retaining some strength from her time as a demon which would require some mental gymnastics. So while we don't have much of an indication for Nezuko's strength and speed, it can indeed be considered as an anti-feat for Demon Tanjiro though I'd still argue that Tanjiro's performance against the weakened demon slayers puts him significantly above the Kakushi since there wouldn't be a point for them trying to fight him while the Kakushi stand back otherwise especially with him sending them flying into walls.

I'm pretty sure that you're the only one in this thread who got the idea of someone cutting themselves with their sword as part of a comedic scene in the middle of a battle which is pretty much unheard of as far as I'm aware compared to a nosebleed which is a pretty common element in a comedic scene like this in anime and manga, so I'm not sure why exactly you would get that idea instead. In the first place the blood is sprouting from one single point while a sword cut would result in a line from which blood begins flowing out unless it was a short contact with the sword tip that caused the wound. I'm also quite sure that the bonk sound effect is associated with a human body taking a hit and not wood and metal hitting each other.

I can understand the interpretation but phrasing the matter of the visual indicator in a general manner without much elaboration was still rather misleading. It didn't feel like as if you actually contemplated what I meant or was seeing since you neither explained what I might have mistaken as a visual indicator for Mitsuri crashing into the door nor asked what part of the panel made me think that.

The wooden door was positioned in an almost vertical manner compared to the ground. The recoil that would happen according to Newton's third law combined with gravity pulling Mitsuri down would result in her bouncing back. The fact that she involuntarily bounced back is supported by her just falling down head first with a stunned expression with Iguro helping her back on her legs which wouldn't happen if Nakime didn't manage to do this by repelling Mitsuri's offensive. The sound effect and different angle of the door on the next page could be considered as an indicator for Nakime moving the door after summoning it, so it's presumably not just the initial impact that did this but my point still stands.

I agree in the sense that the scene isn't particularly detailed but I do believe that it's good enough to fulfill its intended purpose, so I don't have any issues with it.

The scaling aspect for bringing that scene up is indeed pretty irrelevant in my opinion and does not need any further discussion.
He’s been shown to be relative to the kakushi and extremely fatigued slayers. We can still keep his current stats through statements, I’m just pointing out that it’s impossible for the dkt we see in the manga to be above Muzan

About the Mitsuri thing, I already said I didn’t pay much attention to what exactly happened in that scene and misinterpreted it

He’s been shown to be relative to the kakushi and extremely fatigued slayers. We can still keep his current stats through statements, I’m just pointing out that it’s impossible for the dkt we see in the manga to be above Muzan

About the Mitsuri thing, I already said I didn’t pay much attention to what exactly happened in that scene and misinterpreted it
I'd still argue that even these fatigued demon slayers would be a lot stronger than regular humans which is presumably why they are the ones fighting against Demon Tanjiro despite their injuries with the Kakushi not even making an attempt to assist in some way. I do agree that we didn't see Tanjiro's full potential as a demon though.

Okay.

Back