• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

Ok so looked in the manga
Is hard to quantify how much giyuu traveled after he Pick uo inosuke cuz we don't know what tree he went too
Just using the distance between him and Inosuke it will be below swamp Fight tanjiro feat most likely
Lower moon 2 Perception blitzing mitsuri would prolly be a better feat

Well, we did scale Doma's overall strength to his Blood Demon Art feat before Zenitsu's 8-A feat was applied due to the intimate connection between demons and their Blood Demon Arts, so that should be possible. Nakime presumably didn't only create the space but was also maintaining it since it fell apart after she died. This is on top of her being able to manipulate the whole structure.

Well, we did scale Doma's overall strength to his Blood Demon Art feat before Zenitsu's 8-A feat was applied due to the intimate connection between demons and their Blood Demon Arts, so that should be possible. Nakime presumably didn't only create the space but was also maintaining it since it fell apart after she died. This is on top of her being able to manipulate the whole structure.
In other words?

Btw if nakime gets upgraded would rengoku and marked giyuu be too or just akaza and up?
You can get everyone from Daki and up to scale to that feat because Nakime created that fortress before she became UM4 lol
Can’t find what wood japanese castle are usually made of, but using hinoki and 90 percent hollowness goes up to 7-c
The fortress isn't entirely wood, there are concrete structures pretty much everywhere (especially in Akaza's Kaigaku's battlefields) and then there's brick/stone in the form of pillars in the massive room Kokushibo is in. There isn't any accurate way of gauging how much of the fortress are made of these materials, but personally, I would say that around 70% of the fortress is primarily constructed out of wood, and the rest made out of concrete and stone because most of the wood based structures we see break down into stone and/or concrete

How is hollowness determined?

The fortress isn't entirely wood, there are concrete structures pretty much everywhere (especially in Akaza's Kaigaku's battlefields) and then there's brick/stone in the form of pillars in the massive room Kokushibo is in. There isn't any accurate way of gauging how much of the fortress are made of these materials, but personally, I would say that around 70% of the fortress is primarily constructed out of wood, and the rest made out of concrete and stone because most of the wood based structures we see break down into stone and/or concrete

How is hollowness determined?
Did a quick calc, still in 7-c with 30 percent concrete
Don't know, would have to ask a calc member

You can get everyone from Daki and up to scale to that feat because Nakime created that fortress before she became UM4 lol
I don't think we can apply that sort of logic since Nakime also wasn't a Lower Moon before she became Upper Moon 4 and we know that Muzan kept her at his side due to her usefulness, so he probably never saw the need to include her in the Twelve Demon Moons before some of the Upper Moons got killed.

Thank you. Btw, how was 2.6 miles derived?
Himeji Castle might be a decent comparison since it's basically the upperbound of Japanese living at the time. It obviously could be bigger, but 233 hectares is a decent enough lowball given that the Infinity Castle could simply take a smaller amount of space and be instead confusing to navigate due to the way walls and doors are structured. 2.6 miles in height and width and length should be decent enough imo

I don't think we can apply that sort of logic since Nakime also wasn't a Lower Moon before she became Upper Moon 4 and we know that Muzan kept her at his side due to her usefulness, so he probably never saw the need to include her in the Twelve Demon Moons before some of the Upper Moons got killed.
So what do you think the scaling should be?

Also, wasn't thousands of kilometers the accepted distance?

So what do you think the scaling should be?

Also, wasn't thousands of kilometers the accepted distance?
It would scale to Upper Moon 4 and above as well as everyone who scales to them to some degree.

That range is derived from Muzan's ability to teleport all the Lower and Upper Moons into the Infinity Fortress regardless of their location which should be applicable for Nakime since the Infinity Fortress is a result of her Blood Demon Art and she was able to transport Hantengu and Gyokko to a location they requested.

It would scale to Upper Moon 4 and above as well as everyone who scales to them to some degree.

That range is derived from Muzan's ability to teleport all the Lower and Upper Moons into the Infinity Fortress regardless of their location which should be applicable for Nakime since the Infinity Fortress is a result of her Blood Demon Art and she was able to transport Hantengu and Gyokko to a location they requested.
So infinity fortress has thousand km radius then?

I don't fully agree with it, but I'm willing to settle on this compromise
Further supported by the fact that Nakime can send her detached eyes to anywhere Muzan points on his map (presumably of Japan or just a small region of it) and was also stated to "travel all over Japan" in search of the BSL, which would most likely be through Nakime since Muzan has only used her BDA to travel far distances

I can't really say I'm on board with this without at least establishing the UES behind this, because Blood Demon Arts feel too vague to really definitively call an Universal Energy System. Maybe an accompanying blog to justify the UES Blood Demon Arts should be good, because I feel like this could come under a lot of scrutiny.

So infinity fortress has thousand km radius then?
No, that's just Nakime's range due to things like being able to teleport demons all across Japan.

I don't fully agree with it, but I'm willing to settle on this compromise

Further supported by the fact that Nakime can send her detached eyes to anywhere Muzan points on his map (presumably of Japan or just a small region of it) and was also stated to "travel all over Japan" in search of the BSL, which would most likely be through Nakime since Muzan has only used her BDA to travel far distances
I'm willing to discuss the details especially if you can make good points.

Yeah, there is also this.

I can't really say I'm on board with this without at least establishing the UES behind this, because Blood Demon Arts feel too vague to really definitively call an Universal Energy System. Maybe an accompanying blog to justify the UES Blood Demon Arts should be good, because I feel like this could come under a lot of scrutiny.
That might not be a bad idea. The basic idea of demons physically scaling to their Blood Demon Arts is that they can only use them once they've reached a certain strength and that demons and their Blood Demon Arts both grow stronger together.

That bumps things up to high 6-c
That shouldn't happen. In that case, I think we should use what we strictly see in the manga, which would probably be a lowball of 30-50km. Any thoughts on this?
The basic idea of demons physically scaling to their Blood Demon Arts is that they can only use them once they've reached a certain strength and that demons and their Blood Demon Arts both grow stronger together.
And also that BDAs are manifested through blood, the same blood which grants them their enhanced physicals in the first place, so both would scale to each other.

That shouldn't happen. In that case, I think we should use what we strictly see in the manga, which would probably be a lowball of 30-50km. Any thoughts on this?

And also that BDAs are manifested through blood, the same blood which grants them their enhanced physicals in the first place, so both would scale to each other.
That would probably need some scans and an elaborate explanation of the reasoning.

Yeah, there is that as well. What I wrote is just a short and quick version of the reasoning for demons and Blood Demon Arts scaling to each other, so there are bound to be more details like that if you think about it.

How large do you think the fortress is?
I don't have a precise idea. The only things I'm quite sure about is that it is large enough for the hundreds of demon slayers to fight numerous demons inside of it and that the Pillars who regularly patrol through their own designated areas of Japan on foot can spend hours searching for someone there though the fighting and Nakime probably played a role here.

I don't have a precise idea. The only things I'm quite sure about is that it is large enough for the hundreds of demon slayers to fight numerous demons inside of it and that the Pillars who regularly patrol through their own designated areas of Japan on foot can spend hours searching for someone there though the fighting and Nakime probably played a role here.
Do you think that 30-50km would be a good lowball? I looked at several maps and 30-50 km does make sense to me especially with Nakime interfering and the confusing maze-like rooms making it appear larger.

Do you think that 30-50km would be a good lowball? I looked at several maps and 30-50 km does make sense to me especially with Nakime interfering and the confusing maze-like rooms making it appear larger.
I don't think I can judge that well. The only thing I can be sure about is that any number that is used for the size would need a properly fleshed out explanation.

Last edited:
Then I think we should settle on a 20km lowball. The average person takes around 10 minutes to walk 1km, and since the slayers were moving around the fortress for roughly 5 hours (300 minutes), that would amount to 30km travelled but obviously not in a straight line nor from one end to another, but this is just a lowball using the walking speed of an average person instead of the much much faster running speed of slayers.

At the start of the arc, Muzan BFR's every slayer present and attempts to split them up as much as possible, which also took them around 5 hours to meet up again at the start of the Muzan fight. Still, its not a straight path and they would have to traverse the maze-like structures of the fortress and possibly would've gotten lost at some points too, so I would say settling on 20km would be logical

Zohakuten included?
Cuz if so wouldn't gyutaro scale to Kaigaku by same logic?

Zohakuten included?
Cuz if so wouldn't gyutaro scale to Kaigaku by same logic?
Zohakuten would be included though Nakime's situation is a bit different from Kaigaku since this feat is applicable to her self before she became Upper Moon 4 and she received blood from Muzan that strengthened her after she became Upper Moon 4.

Then I think we should settle on a 20km lowball. The average person takes around 10 minutes to walk 1km, and since the slayers were moving around the fortress for roughly 5 hours (300 minutes), that would amount to 30km travelled but obviously not in a straight line nor from one end to another, but this is just a lowball using the walking speed of an average person instead of the much much faster running speed of slayers.

At the start of the arc, Muzan BFR's every slayer present and attempts to split them up as much as possible, which also took them around 5 hours to meet up again at the start of the Muzan fight. Still, its not a straight path and they would have to traverse the maze-like structures of the fortress and possibly would've gotten lost at some points too, so I would say settling on 20km would be logical
It sounds like a reasonable number though I feel like as if this number still contains some approximations and guesses even if they are fairly logical.

Back