• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (10) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

In the cartoon, Mask at one point travelled from space to stop a meteor back to Earth in less than a second. In that same scene he tanks the meteor hitting him head-on, which was stated to be capable of life-wiping like the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. That should be comfortably above DP even with full street level stats. It's supported in the comics, but annoyingly Mask's best individual feats in the comics come from the Lobo crossover, like the previously mentioned bomb and him racing around the Earth in seconds.
What's this about a Chitari gun? Haven't heard about something like that.

That isn't supported in the main series comics at all. If they do include Mask vs Lobo then Mask will win yeah, I'm just not sure if they would. The chitauri gun is something Deadpool has which can disintegrate people on a molecular level.
Oh, Deadpool doesn't have a molecular disintegrator. I looked into both sources people were citing, but it isn't at all implied to disintegrate people and we outright see a corpse, so yeah. Not sure if this is something else.

I think it would be weird to not include the crossover for feats. They mentioned it in Lobo vs Ghost Rider, and Mask has plenty of individual feats in the comic outside of Lobo scaling. He creates huge explosions and is crazy quick. As far as I'm aware there's nothing in it that contradicts Mask canon either.

They also included the cosmic cube in the analysis tab for Thanos but didn't use it. It's also consistent for Lobo, but not for Mask. None of his speed or durability feats in the main comics are better than DPs

He took this from DPs bag

AddmCed d

On the disintegrator, I checked the comic it's from and while it's definitely pretty good, I'm not sure it's anything the Mask can't survive. It's stated to be something capable of reducing things to molecules, and Madcap himself survived being hit with it. Mask's regen is magic based and he's shown the capability to regenerate his entire body before, and off he has a speed advantage he can likely just dodge it.

As for the crossover stuff, it really depends on how DB decides to treat it. I haven't seen any evidence on way or the other regarding it's canonicity, but if it is actually canon then I don't see a problem in including it. Even if Lobo scaling is an outlier, again, Mask on his own has individual feats in that comic that support what he's capable of in the cartoon.

Problem is sorta that Mask hasn't really been looked into properly. Who knows what might come up, we'll have to wait and see. Right now I think Deadpool should probably win if I'm forced to pick, but who knows.

Kingo the Sixth said:
On the disintegrator, I checked the comic it's from and while it's definitely pretty good, I'm not sure it's anything the Mask can't survive. It's stated to be something capable of reducing things to molecules, and Madcap himself survived being hit with it. Mask's regen is magic based and he's shown the capability to regenerate his entire body before, and off he has a speed advantage he can likely just dodge it.
Or if the Mask wants to be more resourceful, he could always just reflect any of Deadpool's one-shot lasers with his mirror. Using DP's own wincon against him. And since the Mask is faster, he could definitely pull this off.

Maskreflects4
Reflecting Lasers Beams

Maskreflect2
Reflecting Magic beams

Mask being faster is very debatable (most of it depends on sketchy one-time gag feats from not exactly canon source material).

Note: I know that some of you believe that the Mask is faster, and thus would win. I don't believe that he is, which is why I think he should lose. It majorly depends on what you consider consistent and canon for both characters (although this mostly applies to the Mask).

People should know what I mean when I say "composite" since I brought up that statement before.

And in actuality, it literally has been stated BY a researcher that they're using all incarnations of the Mask rather than just one and sticking to the comics only (when stated if they're using just the movie version, Max stated "We're using The Mask" and heavily implied they're gonna take from any feat the Mask has done across all mediums). Even then, he's a toonforcer so why does it matter what's consistent? Most of fiction is inconsistent and the wacky things done in the cartoon fit the character extremely well IMO.

Apparently this regen wank means DP outlasts Mask amd get him to take the Mask off but I'm not so sure DB will agree. Researchers hate "lolregen" excuses and Joker's win condition was laughed at.

If they specifically use the main series comics, Deadpool would win. I wouldn't take that statement as a confirmation they are using composite. If you use stuff like Lobo vs Mask or the cartoons and whatever, then yeah I agree with Mask winning. But taking the main source material, he really doesn't have the feats to stand up to DP. In the main comics, Mask has never regenerated from being destroyed on a molecular level, and he hasn't shown the same level of durability/power or speed feats that Deadpool has. I think this does depend on what incarnations you use for the Mask.

Which is a feeling from me the research team may do comics Deadpool vs composite Mask, and it will be presented in a way Wiz and Boomstick would screw their research to have Deadpool killed.

Or they could just have Deadpool killed in the episode but not in a battle - as if the Deadpool character will be a supporting character in the Death Battle show.

I completely forgot to do the Mob vs Tornado QnA. How sloppy of me. Here it is:

Tornado got hit in the head during her fight, shouldn't she have lost her psychic powers? Again, the animation doesn't show exactly how it would go. But yes, it has been established in ONE's universe that espers have their powers messed with after cranial trauma, but that doesn't necessarily mean they lose them all together. Since the fight is self-contained, such injuries and their long term effects don't matter.

How did Mob die to a meteor, he's survived way more powerful stuff than that. See Question 1, but it was put in as an omage to the meteor feat from the anime. Also, after he was hit, she crushed his psychic energy to destroy his shield. His normal physical body wouldn't survive a meteor.

Why didn't you use 1000% Mob? Mob can't boost himself that high, but when he transferred his abilities to Reigen, Reigen got boosted to 1000% of his normal power, which is only possible since he isn't actually psychic.

Why did you ignore Mob destroying a universe? They had a tab for it, but to reiterate, it was more of an illusion-destroying feat and Mob has never displayed such levels of power again.

Mob twisted Tornado up so much in the fight, how did she survive that? Question 1, but it was put in as an omage to Mob Psycho. Plus, Tornado could probably use psychic nonsense to stay alive (Ben's words, not mine)

"It's funny how you always say the victor has more speed or durability or power or experience than the other. Come on. Why don't you pick a new trope to BS your way through, these are getting old." Literal quote of the question. Clearly this commentor has no idea how actual fights work.

Mob beat a guy who had 30 years experience on him, why would Tornado's greater experience matter? According to Ben, sometimes the storytelling affects how experience matters. He gave the example of how Link is usually weaker than Ganondorf but can still beat him. (He also said if they did a DB analysis of Link vs Ganondorf, Ganon may actually win. HA) DB, on the other hand, is not a story, but more of a puzzle based purely on stats. Sure, Mob has beaten more experienced foes, but that was more because Mob is just so OP that experience just doesn't matter. Since Tornado is more powerful than him, her experience can further help her.

ONE said Mob was more powerful than Tornado, so you guys are wrong. Except he didn't. What he actually said (according to Ben) was "Mob is definitely weaker than Tatsumaki, but [ONE] is not sure what would happen once Mob went ???% Mode because of the vast power increase." Based on the math, ???% is nowhere close to Tornado. Also, they repeated that WoG statements are usually disregarded since most of the time they are off-record. See the JoJo databooks for proof of this (Stand grades are bullshit). Ben then went on a rant about the varying power-levels of Fairy Tail. All I can say is, he's not wrong.

Why did Mob lose when he's a gag character? He's not, certainly not like Saitama.

Since the last two DB were pretty accurate I hope this one is too, mainly because I want the next battle to be Xeno Goku vs Cosmic Armour Supes so they can somehow get the conclusion that Xeno Goku > TR

Genericstickman said:
Since the last two DB were pretty accurate I hope this one is too, mainly because I want the next battle to be Xeno Goku vs Cosmic Armour Supes so they can somehow get the conclusion that Xeno Goku > TR
Dude, they're not doing Superman vs Goku again. It's a stale matchup at this point and no one other than butthurt DBtards want to see it.

Back